Post Thanks / Like

UTV Polycarbonate windshield

Being the son that tries to take care of his own vehicles, my father has asked me to look into polishing his windshield on his side by side.

He has used it on the trails for a year and half and it is pretty beat up. In some searches I see poorboys pro polish has been mentioned as it doesn`t have abrasives.

Is that the route I need to go down, non abrasive, chemical approach?

Is there something out there any of you have used beside pro polish? Is Novus something I need to look into?

Thanks to anyone that is willing to share any info and make some one look like a hero and save an old guy 300 bucks for a new windshield.

KM

Post Thanks / Like

Re: UTV Polycarbonate windshield

I think I’d take a look at one of the major manufacturers (your choice) headlight polishes. I’ve used several from different manufacturers and they’ve all yielded about the same results for me. Pick it up here on the Autopia Store or if you’re in a hurry head down to your local AutoZone and see if one strikes a chord with you. McKee’s makes one Ive used that works well or you could always try an $8 product like Meguiars Plastix or even their 2 step product and see how it works. You certainly wouldn’t be out much.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

He is all ready willing to buy a new one, or source a local shop to bend one up so no, none of us are out anything.

I forgot about Meg`s PlasticX. Thanks.

KM

Post Thanks / Like

Not that anyone was asking for a follow up but here one goes in case someone searches this in the future.

I sent him with my DA, yellow, orange and white LC flat pads.

He had Plastic X with him as well as Novus 3 step.

He started with the PlasticX and was happy, then because it was raining and he had the time he went ahead and used the middle and least agressive Novus.

He said this process was very good at pulling most of the scratches out and that he use no real pressure. If he used pressure and had something firm to push against he would have gotten most all the scratches out.

Now the bad part is none of this matters as he went out the next day and tipped the UTV over backwards climbing and totaled the unit.

But he went and purchased a side by side and asked me to purchase him some pads, pad cleaner and a backing plate and said his next one will have a great windshield all the time.

KM
    Likes Stokdgs, kevk, GearHead_1 liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Thread Information