Post Thanks / Like

Question Using A Spray On Only Cleaner?

Are those single application cleaning sprays like say S100 really as thorough and in-depth as they claim?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Using A Spray On Only Cleaner?

Heh heh, does anything like that work as well as is claimed IRL? Sorry, couldn`t resist and I`ve never tried the S100.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dispatch View Post
    Are those single application cleaning sprays like say S100 really as thorough and in-depth as they claim?
    I went through a bottle of S100 and it DOES do a great job. It`s from the same people as P21S, and they know what they are doing. However, don`t be swayed by the fact that it`s motorcycle-specific. Many products will do just as good or better job. For instance, diluted APC from Megs or Poorboys come to mind.

The thing you`re buying into with S100 is that it`s safe. You can spray it into the nooks and crannies, engine, paint, everywhere. The thing I`m NOT buying is that it`s a Total Cycle Cleaner. It`s silly to think you can squirt this stuff everywhere and rinse it off and BLING. Ain`t gonna happen.

Fact is, motorcycles are a pain to clean and detail (so much so that my GS sits dirty while I detail my car).
    Likes Dispatch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Using A Spray On Only Cleaner?

Isn’t the S100 the same thing as its P21S cleaner? Nice thing is you can walk into a motorcycle store and get it.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, if it`s not the same as the P21S wheel cleaner, it IS very similar and a good product.

Post Thanks / Like

The P21s Total Auto Wash comes to mind...very nice for what it is, but not *really* anything special IMO. Same with the P21s Wheel Cleaners, sure nothing wrong with `em but nothing all that impressive either. I used gallons and gallons (well, multiple 5L jugs) of both back in the day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    I went through a bottle of S100 and it DOES do a great job. It`s from the same people as P21S, and they know what they are doing. However, don`t be swayed by the fact that it`s motorcycle-specific. Many products will do just as good or better job. For instance, diluted APC from Megs or Poorboys come to mind.

The thing you`re buying into with S100 is that it`s safe. You can spray it into the nooks and crannies, engine, paint, everywhere. The thing I`m NOT buying is that it`s a Total Cycle Cleaner. It`s silly to think you can squirt this stuff everywhere and rinse it off and BLING. Ain`t gonna happen.

Fact is, motorcycles are a pain to clean and detail (so much so that my GS sits dirty while I detail my car).
    The biggest pain with cleaning a motorcycle is trying to clean the fins of the motor.

I figured it was too good to be true...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dispatch View Post
    The biggest pain with cleaning a motorcycle is trying to clean the fins of the motor.
    Noting that I`ve never cleaned a motorcycle, I`d think that a selection of BHBs would be pretty much mandatory. Lots of different ones with varying bristle length/stiffness.

Thread Information