Post Thanks / Like

Boat Detailing(Pricing)

Charging $400.00 dollars to do a 36 yellowfin inside and out is that to much or to little?Not sure what the going rate is but the owner of the boat told me he would pay whatever it takes to get `er done.Any prices that you guys charge to do a project like that would help..I`m gonna use Klasse "AIO" Klasse "SG" is that safe?

All About The Bling Bling TrueDetailer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boat Detailing(Pricing)

Your not charging enough. Fully detailing a boat is alot of work. Anything under $1000 and your doing it too cheap. Depending on how much chrome you have to polish,etc. i`d charge around $1300 for a 36 footer.

Don't shop at Wal-Mart
    Post Thanks / Like

Too little. I`d go for $500 for work like that. You need to make it worth your time. I have a 12m fountain, I pay $700 to get that cleaned and its the same size, just more painted surfaces.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMWE30
    Charging $400.00 dollars to do a 36 yellowfin inside and out is that to much or to little?Not sure what the going rate is but the owner of the boat told me he would pay whatever it takes to get `er done.Any prices that you guys charge to do a project like that would help..I`m gonna use Klasse "AIO" Klasse "SG" is that safe?
    That is probably on the cheap side for a interior and exterior. I think just for Exterior prices are usually like 30-50 per foot. I do not detail for money but detailing boats is hard work i have owned three and it is not easy. Also i do not know much about the Klasse Product but you cannot treat a boats finish in the same manner as a car they are not the same. A boat`s shiny outside layer is made out of a GEL Coat which is not like a clear coat in that it fades pretty fasst compared to a car with a clear coat and is a somewhat pourus surface. This is why they make products designed specifically for boats. Meg`s has a great line of Boat Products whihc is what i would suggest using.

Well i did a bit of research real quick before i posted this and it appears as though that Klasse AIO will work just fine. And it also appears as thogh there sealnt will work also.

Richard
    1997 Ford F150 4x4 Pacific Green w/HOK Kandy Green Flames
    2006 Mustang GT

Don't shop at Wal-Mart
    Post Thanks / Like

$700 only covers the hull...Interior would add $$$$.

Post Thanks / Like

Moved to professional detailing section

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I assume it is dry docked?
    Yeah, BMW, I`m inexperienced in this area, and I live in a crappy economy, and i would still need $700 for exterior only.
    And if it isn`t dry docked...
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn`t use klasse for a boat, It may work for protection, but gel coat is way to hard for aio to do anything for scratches or marks on the boat. I would look at some 3m or meg boat line up of products, depending on how bad the boat is use like a resotorer and wax if its really bad, or a cleaner and wax if its fair. then follow it up with a coat of wax. For most boats that we do, all we do is a onestep process unless asked for more. This keeps time down as well as prices which customers like. Ive never done an interior so i dont know what that would cost someone to do.

Is this hull and topsides? If so then I think we charge about 380 or so for just a one step on the hull and top sides. I just googled the boat, and seeing as theres not much surface area other then the very outside of the hull to do, and then maybe polish the inside areas I think thats about right for your pricing. If im looking at the right boat, Im looking on the designers website so Im pretty sure i am. I would say your about right in line.

Post Thanks / Like

the boat is about 5 months old from the factory

Post Thanks / Like

Rotary? or by hand, New boats are really early to swirl with a rotary IMO unless ur really careful. Still think ur price is about right for that kind and style of boat.

Thread Information