Post Thanks / Like

TPnS + Orange LC Flat 5.5"

Anyone used this combo? I want to do a rapid fire on a vehicle this weekend that has some minor scuffs. Already told the customer they won`t come all the way out. Was going to do PF2500 on white pad followed by BFWD, but given the price I`m charging, rapid fire would be better option.

Mainly wondering if using TPnS on an orange LC flat pad will finish out ready for BFCS? 2009 Lexus RX, so softer Toyota paint. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TPnS + Orange LC Flat 5.5"

Not really going to know until you do a test spot. It doesnt really have a lot of cut. Great cleaners in it though.

Post Thanks / Like

I used it on a white pad to do my Fathers Toyota Tacoma put nice shiny finish on it but really didn`t correct any thing. Maybe some of the very minor swirls and softer water spots. But he was also up my a$$ hurry up hurry up i got to go just put some wax on it I don`t care. So it was a rush job I didnt get to really work it in slow.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I would try Optimum Hyper Polish, highest speed, pressure, and know when to stop because it will continue to cut and leave an incredibly smooth, clear, finish..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for comments guys. Really only one door that`s banged up, so I may just end up spot compounding a couple areas then on to the RF regimen. 90% of the paint is in good shape with just minor swirls and scratches...I`ll see how the TPnS test spot goes on the better areas and will have to decide from there how I proceed on the rest of the car. I`m sure more defects will show up once I really get it clean.

Post Thanks / Like

post you results b nice to see how TPnS does with the right time invested

Post Thanks / Like

As others have said, don`t expect much correcting with TPnS. I wasn`t able to capture it in pictures but TPnS did nothing to remove very minor swirls in my truck. It did how ever clean the paint well and improve clarity.

Post Thanks / Like

I went with PF2500 on a 4" LC orange flat pad to significantly improve a ton of scratches from tunnel wash brush washes. These were mainly below the belt line on both sides, along with some door scrapes. I would say they minimized about 70%. Keep in mind, this was a low dollar production detail and I had no desire to spend the effort to try and get to 95%+.

After that, just hit the whole car with TPnS on a white LC flat pad 5.5" with the GG6. I would say I got maybe another 5% improvement on the scratches and light swirl marks. As txb4z said, it really did a nice job of cleaning the paint to another level of clarity and metallic really started popping. Topped it off with 2 coats of BFCS.

Now I have to get up the energy to get the interior done. May have to wait until tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by txb4z View Post
    As others have said, don`t expect much correcting with TPnS. I wasn`t able to capture it in pictures but TPnS did nothing to remove very minor swirls in my truck. It did how ever clean the paint well and improve clarity.

What type of truck? I`ve been able to reduce swirls and scratches a little bit on softer paints (Honda, Toyota). Virtually nothing other than cleaning the paint, like you say, on harder paints like Chevy and Ford though.

Post Thanks / Like

2013 Silverado.

Thread Information