Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

BlackFire GEP or TPnS on a brand new vehicle?

First post here....woohoo

On a brand new car that was custom ordered and fresh from the factory, this will be the first wash/detail ever on this vehicle(not letting the dealership touch it). It has not arrived yet, due any day now, just trying to get everything in order.

Which product would you use? GEP or TPnS? Or neither?

My plan:
    Wash
    Clay
    Wash again
    GEP or TPnS??
    AFPP
    Crystal Seal or Midnight Sun Carnauba Wax

Thanks,

_Mike

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BlackFire GEP or TPnS on a brand new vehicle?

TPNS is a better choice....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO

you need to judge the finish once you get it, wash it, and clay it. Then hit it with good lighting and figure it out from there....

just my .02

But if you are looking for a quick fix/clean/protect then tpns is a good choice
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Between the two, I would go with TPnS... It has more cleaning ability then GEP and leaves behind a good foundation of Wet Diamond Polymers. It is also easier to use, when working by machine, in my experience.

However, if you are working by machine, you may find GEP a little easier to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Do crystal seal and then top with MS wax after what ever you decide to use before that.
    I am living proof that Organ Donation Saves lives.
    3-25-11

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If you haven`t bought all this stuff yet I`d get BF finishing polish, do that then goto AFFP/MS should be killer and the extra cut in finishing polish is bound to really brighten up the finish on your car. Just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like

black car or what color?

i have both of the items you are thinking about using but unfortunately i have way too many items and have yet to even try either of the two so i cant help ya out with anything here but let us know how it turns out!

and congrats on the new ride

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies guys. You all solidified my thinking. I was gonna go with the TPnS anyway and even bought it already, but then I started thinking that maybe I should go with the GEP followed by AFPP.

I am getting a 2014 Dodge Challenger.....in black. Just waiting for the phone call from the dealer to say that it has arrived, it shipped from the factory last week. In the past, my vehicles have always looked good as I have maintained their appearance with typically Meguiar`s products purchased from Wal-Mart or an auto parts store. However, with this new car, I want it to always look spectacular and have been searching/lurking the internet detailing forums for new brands and products. Then I came across the BLACKFIRE line and was instantly sold. I hope to create some serious whiplash!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by belownothing View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. You all solidified my thinking. I was gonna go with the TPnS anyway and even bought it already, but then I started thinking that maybe I should go with the GEP followed by AFPP.

I am getting a 2014 Dodge Challenger.....in black. Just waiting for the phone call from the dealer to say that it has arrived, it shipped from the factory last week. In the past, my vehicles have always looked good as I have maintained their appearance with typically Meguiar`s products purchased from Wal-Mart or an auto parts store. However, with this new car, I want it to always look spectacular and have been searching/lurking the internet detailing forums for new brands and products. Then I came across the BLACKFIRE line and was instantly sold. I hope to create some serious whiplash!

Enjoy the new wheels.....

But don`t just use us and run away

Stick around and join the fun. When ya get it, take pics of before and after.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!!! I cannot wait until you post some pictures. I am sure it will look great!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    But don`t just use us and run away

Stick around and join the fun. When ya get it, take pics of before and after.
    Calling me out already?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Sweet!!! I cannot wait until you post some pictures. I am sure it will look great!
    Once it arrives, I plan on taking a ton of photos. Will definitely get some before and after shots.
    If I can get it looking 1/10th as good as you guys get your cars, I`ll be happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Calling me out already?

Once it arrives, I plan on taking a ton of photos. Will definitely get some before and after shots.
    If I can get it looking 1/10th as good as you guys get your cars, I`ll be happy.
    I`m looking forward to seeing it!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been super busy lately....work and a lot of family stuff going on. Haven`t had time to do as much as I was hoping for, but here are a couple shots of my Challenger with only the BLACKFIRE Rapid Fire combination. Both the TPnS and Crystal Seal were so easy to put on.

Post Thanks / Like

wow, looks great. get yourself some bf polymer spray and it`ll make a great refresh after washes too. what the heck, go all out and throw some bfms on top.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually did the Rapid Fire a couple weeks ago but never got any pics. Got up early this morning and washed it with some BF Conditioning Shampoo and a squirt of Rinseless Wash. Dried it off and then went with the Polymer spray. Been debating about bfms or black ice.
    And this damn pollen right now is crazy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information