Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

5 Facts You Didn`t Know About BLACKFIRE

1) BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun was originally designed to compete against Pinnacle waxes. The Midnight Sun vs. Souveran discussion was as heated as any debate between a Porsche and Corvette owner at the local coffee shop. As BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun evolved with Wet Diamond Polymers in batch 24, and the famous Wet-Ice over Fire was born, BLACKFIRE and Pinnacle loyalists learned to co-exist.

2) Original formulas of BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond were acrylic based, similar to Klasse. After 3 years of research, the Wet Diamond “tri-polymer” system was perfected. These polymers work together to create a tightly knit layer of protection which reflects light in three different ways, giving BLACKFIRE products an unique look. The three different polymers create a unique surface texture that creates tight water beading and promotes maximum protection, including UV inhibition.

3) The Wet Diamond Polymers were not added to BlackICE until relatively late in the development cycle of the product. One of the polymers simply wouldn`t work with the montan-carnauba mix. However, ongoing research and development allowed for them to work, and work perfectly creating a trifecta (montan, carnauba, polymers) of protection and gloss. The result has been outstanding, with some people reporting durability of over 8 months.

4) Cars detailed with BLACKFIRE products have won two best in class awards at Pebble Beach, best paint at “The Quail” and Best In Show at Amelia Island. Additionally, over 30 Platinum Awards have been given to Ferrari`s at the Cavallino Concours.

5) BLACKFIRE`s original "SRC" polishes were based on the very original scratch resistant formulas created by Menzerna for direct use in Mercedes Benz`s car factories. Years of BLACKFIRE`s experience with car lovers around the world have allowed improvements to the formulas, which are now made by BLACKFIRE.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 5 Facts You Didn`t Know About BLACKFIRE

The Blackfire products are among the best sealants I have every used for looks, durability and slickness. I have never used the Waxes but the BFWD was my goto product prior to getting hooked on coatings mainly to cut down on maintenace.

No doubt, good stuff and the constant upgrading of the line keeps it current.

No taking anything away from the BF line, but Todd, I bet you could win any concourse event with Dawn, a kitchen sponge, a OLD School, PC, armoral, and turtle wax! I would always bet on the man and his experince over the bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    1) BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun was originally designed to compete against Pinnacle waxes. The Midnight Sun vs. Souveran discussion was as heated as any debate between a Porsche and Corvette owner at the local coffee shop. As BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun evolved with Wet Diamond Polymers in batch 24, and the famous Wet-Ice over Fire was born, BLACKFIRE and Pinnacle loyalists learned to co-exist.

2) Original formulas of BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond were acrylic based, similar to Klasse. After 3 years of research, the Wet Diamond “tri-polymer” system was perfected. These polymers work together to create a tightly knit layer of protection which reflects light in three different ways, giving BLACKFIRE products an unique look. The three different polymers create a unique surface texture that creates tight water beading and promotes maximum protection, including UV inhibition.

3) The Wet Diamond Polymers were not added to BlackICE until relatively late in the development cycle of the product. One of the polymers simply wouldn`t work with the montan-carnauba mix. However, ongoing research and development allowed for them to work, and work perfectly creating a trifecta (montan, carnauba, polymers) of protection and gloss. The result has been outstanding, with some people reporting durability of over 8 months.

4) Cars detailed with BLACKFIRE products have won two best in class awards at Pebble Beach, best paint at “The Quail” and Best In Show at Amelia Island. Additionally, over 30 Platinum Awards have been given to Ferrari`s at the Cavallino Concours.

5) BLACKFIRE`s original "SRC" polishes were based on the very original scratch resistant formulas created by Menzerna for direct use in Mercedes Benz`s car factories. Years of BLACKFIRE`s experience with car lovers around the world have allowed improvements to the formulas, which are now made by BLACKFIRE.

Post Thanks / Like

nice facts..i like #2 and #5 most

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. Blackfire BlackIce seems very durable to me.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    The Blackfire products are among the best sealants I have every used for looks, durability and slickness. I have never used the Waxes but the BFWD was my goto product prior to getting hooked on coatings mainly to cut down on maintenace.

No doubt, good stuff and the constant upgrading of the line keeps it current.

No taking anything away from the BF line, but Todd, I bet you could win any concourse event with Dawn, a kitchen sponge, a OLD School, PC, armoral, and turtle wax! I would always bet on the man and his experince over the bottle.
    Thanks Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Interesting. Blackfire BlackIce seems very durable to me.
    It is

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone topped Black Ice with Midnight Sun? I see that as a nice combo in my head.

Post Thanks / Like

BFMS is one of, if not the easiest wax I have ever used.

With the addition of the Wet Diamond “tri-polymer” system it would seem that BFMS competes more with Fuzion than Souveran.

Post Thanks / Like
    We need a BF coating. My crystal ball says one is not far off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Has anyone topped Black Ice with Midnight Sun? I see that as a nice combo in my head.
    Thats what my car has been wearing for the last month.

Untitled by dnd29841, on Flickr

Car is dirty, hasnt been washed in 3 weeks... But cant hide the gloss
    2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post

That looks sweet!!!! Like black ice during a midnight sun (full moon)?

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post

Drool! Looks insane!

Post Thanks / Like

Warning, as evidenced in the pictures above, this fusion of white carnauba, montan, and tons of polymers creates a dripping wet effect known as WHIPLASH.

Post Thanks / Like

I did this the other day, currently putting together a write up, I called the combo "MidnightICE". I know smooth and dhaval did bfwd over blackice I think

BTW MidnightICE combo on my car looks awesome times infinity + 10,000,000

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    I did this the other day, currently putting together a write up, I called the combo "MidnightICE". I know smooth and dhaval did bfwd over blackice I think

BTW MidnightICE combo on my car looks awesome times infinity + 10,000,000
    I did 2 coats of Blackice, and couple of days later did the BFMS.

Out of all the BF combos I tried its my favorite too I am still admiring the gloss on my car after a month(stored in garage at night and hasn`t seen rain)

I like the name Chris. MidnightICE FTW!!!!
    2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
    2014 Acura MDX

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information