Post Thanks / Like

How To Rejuvenate Dried Out Interior Pieces using BLACKFIRE Interior Protectant

Perhaps your car`s interior has suffered the fate of by older Matrix. It has faithfully served its duty, getting myself (and by brother before me) from point A to Point B for nearly 10 years. In this time, the interior has been subjected to sunlight, temperature extremes, and general wear.

That dash and uppermost horizontal surfaces are beginning to show the results of constant UV exposure, age and neglect. Now is the time to rejuvenate & protect it.

The slightly faded and dried-out appearance of the Martix`s sun beaten dashboard.

What You Need:

Clean First:

The first step in rejuvenating dried out interior pieces is to clean them well. You want to remove as much dirt, grime and soil as possible. BLACKFIRE Interior Cleaner is a gentle, water-based formula that uses advanced, free-wiping surfactants, not harsh chemicals to deep clean ANY interior surface.

1. Spray BLACKFIRE Interior Cleaner directly onto an all purpose microfiber towel.
    2. Lightly scrub into the surface with the "wet side" of towel.
    3. Wipe clean while the surface is still wet to remove any soiling or dirt.

Spray directly onto the microfiber towel.

Spread the cleaner "with passion" over the surface.

Flip the towel over, or switch to a fresh towel, and lightly buff dry.

You can use BLACKFIRE Interior Cleaner on any surface which is safe to be cleaned with water! This includes the steering wheel...

upholstery, metal trim, fabric, leather & more!

Rejuvenating with BLACKFIRE Interior Protectant:

Rejuvenating dried out interior pieces is different than protecting them. With interior pieces that are in "good health", the protectant will simply sit on top and coat the piece. On worn pieces, you may notice that product will tend to absorb into the piece.

1. Apply BLACKFIRE Interior Protectant directly to a microfiber product and spread over the trim piece, working a section at time.
    2. Continue to add more product as the piece "drinks" in the product.
    3. Repeat until an even coat is visible on the surface.
    4. Allow the even coat to penerate for several minutes.
    5. Wipe off excess with an all purpose microfiber towel or the backside of the applicator.

Spread BLACKFIRE Interior Protectant over the faded and worn piece.

At first it will look like you have an even coat.

But the piece will appear to "drink" the protectant. Add more product to the bare spots.

Continue until you can achieve an even coat. In the case of the Matrix, it took 3 coats within a 5-minute time frame to achieve. Allow BLACKFIRE Interior Protectant to absorb for several minutes.

Wipe away excess product to achieve an even shine. BLACKFIRE Interior Protectant is a low-gloss, rich-looking protectant. Additional shine can be added, if desired, by applying additional coats once the first coat has cured.

The Results:

From the outside (do not mind the dirty glass!)

Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To Rejuvenate Dried Out Interior Pieces using BLACKFIRE Interior Protectant

Nice review Todd. I have never tried the interior BF products. The faded dash looks great.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To Rejuvenate Dried Out Interior Pieces using BLACKFIRE Interior Protectant

Quote Originally Posted by Wors View Post
    Nice review Todd. I have never tried the interior BF products. The faded dash looks great.
    I was actually just outside, admiring it! lol. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

That`s sweet, what a great point; rejuvenate its not necessarly the same as to protect.
    If we take an x protectant and spread around the dash we will not achieve this kind of end result. This process involves prior preparation/cleaning and several applications of dressing with cure time until desire finish is achieved. These kind of vynil interiors do requiere that special care. Nice review maestro.

Post Thanks / Like

nice results!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice results Todd. I actually only use BF interior protectant now on all 3 cars of ours and all family member. It`s near odorless and can be used on leather, dash, and plastics. Great stuff!
    2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice turn around Todd. By the way I can feel my addiction getting stronger everyday and your constant good reviews are gonna start getting me in trouble with the wife. Hopefully I`ll be able to place an order this weekend!

Post Thanks / Like

How does the cleaner work at getting years of grime and oils out of grains in vinyl, plastic, and leather?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by triplejumper18 View Post
    How does the cleaner work at getting years of grime and oils out of grains in vinyl, plastic, and leather?
    You may need to work it a bit with a soft brush made for vinyl/leather.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post
    You may need to work it a bit with a soft brush made for vinyl/leather.
    Exactly. And always test an inconspicuous spot on leather, particularly if you are agitating it with a brush. In my experience, it will clean heavily soiled material fairly easily.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m digging up an old thread here but I`m still experimenting with product for an `80s vintage german car with patches of leather and vinyl trim. Oh, did I mention I`m kinda a noob when it comes to detailing. I`ve tried a number of products, exterior and interior and haven`t settled into what I like best.

You think this would be fine for 80s and older vehicles?

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

think i may have to put this on my christmas list. thanks todd

Thread Information