Post Thanks / Like

best pad to use for BF WD AFPP

hi

I am wondering which pad is best to apply BF WDAFPP with my 6" gg?

I have a blue ccs pad from lake country, a crimson pad from lc and a red pad from gg

thoughts? I was thinking blue but wanted to double check with the pros

also, I know I am supposed to use very little product on the pad.... what speed should I run the gg to apply it?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: best pad to use for BF WD AFPP

i`ve used the griot`s red pad for years with bfwd, works great. really, your lc or any soft pad will work fine. you`re actually just spreading it around. i run my gg 6"da at around 3-3 1/2 for spreading.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the LC Gold pad. It allows me to apply BF super thin which reduces the dusting if you apply it to heavy.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I use a blue pad. But its cause all I have are orange, white, green, and blue. When I order more pads I may try others. I run my PC at 4 when applying bfwd

Post Thanks / Like

thx guys.... I will try both the red gg pad and the blue ccs pad and see if there is any difference

will keep the crimson for another job

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

run my gg6 with blue at 2-3
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

thx

not to hijack my own thread but let me ask a question about prepping a pad for bf wdafpp

how do you prime it? I put on one coat of product on my car and waited 1/2 hour and buffed, it came off easily w/o streaking or anything

but It got me thinking of priming a pad for polishing versus priming a pad sealant/wax

how do you prime a pad with bf sealant without saturating the pad too much and therefore putting too much product on the car? how much product should I use to prime a pad for sealing?

thx... sorry for all the q`s but I am in the middle of a huge polish/sealant/wax job on my car and really appreciate all the professional help

Post Thanks / Like

you will find that bfwd has a great affinity for a soft pad and priming it like you would a more dense polishing or compounding pad, will merely over saturate the pad. i just apply three or four drops about the pad and commence spreading it about. a small amount goes a long way.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the crimson (red) 7/8" think 5.5" pad for mine.
    I am living proof that Organ Donation Saves lives.
    3-25-11

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using the LC Gold pad, gone through 2 of them so far. They both became too soft and crumbly and the last just tore itself up. This, on a PCXP on speed 2!
    I`ve switched to LC Red, only thing I have at the moment. BFWD is great, but whatever you use to apply it will be stained by it, so assume you will have a dedicated pad for it and nothing else. I can`t wait to try the Buff & Shine pads, I`ve had it with LC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miker2012 View Post
    thx guys.... I will try both the red gg pad and the blue ccs pad and see if there is any difference
    Let us know your thoughts and results.

I use an LC 5.5" flat blue. Why you ask?

`Cause when you get BFWD on a pad it owns the pad & I just can`t seem to clean it out.
    I keep my "dedicated" BFWD pad in a baggie so it doesn`t get confused or contaminated.

Post Thanks / Like

good tip on keeping the pads dedicated for bfwd afpp due to saturation and staining

ok, so I tried the gg red and the ccs blue with the bfwd afpp... the ccs blue soaked up more product than the red and the little pockets in the blue foam also held more product so I would say that a non-flat pad is probably a waste for applying sealant/wax

as for performance, didn`t notice any difference except the blue pad seemed softer and more cushy and more bouncy vs the gg but both seemed to spread the product the same, both pads worked with the same amount of force but maybe the ccs pad glided across the surface a tad easier since it had a little less surface on the paint

all in all, I like the higher profile pad on the ccs blue vs the gg red, you could tell it was a much higher quality pad

Post Thanks / Like

Gold for me.. otherwise red or blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Tried BFWD for the first time a month ago--applied with a B&S red pad which has very dense pores, but is very soft so it soaks up very little product. Just put three drops on to start then added a couple as needed. BFWD spreads really well so a little goes a long way. Used about 1.5 oz for a Passat Wagon and removal was a breeze.

Although I dedicate a red pad for each LSP I use, I had no trouble cleanig the BF out of the pad with DAWN PowerDissolver then rinse very well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    Tried BFWD for the first time a month ago--applied with a B&S red pad which has very dense pores, but is very soft so it soaks up very little product. Just put three drops on to start then added a couple as needed. BFWD spreads really well so a little goes a long way. Used about 1.5 oz for a Passat Wagon and removal was a breeze.

Although I dedicate a red pad for each LSP I use, I had no trouble cleanig the BF out of the pad with DAWN PowerDissolver then rinse very well.
    Some like me would say 1.5 oz is way too much.

Thread Information