Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Rapid Fire regimen

This forum has helped me for which I am forever grateful. I Have a new 2013 Honda Accord and used the blackfire `rapid fire` treatment on it about a month ago. I used a white pad(fo total polish and seal) with the Griot`s Garage random orbital and the crystal seal has a mirror finish. I have recently purchased the WD polymer spray, and use it after regular car washings. My car has no swirls and the paint is in good condition. OK so here goes my questions (forgive me I am new to detailing):
    1)What is the proper procedure for the up keep of my car? Do I keep doing rapid fire about twice a year? Is there such a thing as too much polish and seal? Will to much polish be bad for the paint?
    2)Should I use a different combo for the up keep?
    3)WD all finish paint protection looks nice (seems to give it a wet look, which is what i want)
    4)How often to use WD poly spray, after every wash 1-2 times a month?
    5)I`m trying to avoid waxes because it seems the other blackfire products would work well and easier to apply.
    6)How often to apply the products?

I`m sorry for all the questions but I am a novice and I don`t want to screw things up. Basically I`m looking for the easiest or somewhat easy regimen to keep my car having the whiplash effect. Please if you could also guide me in telling me which pads to use for the products.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rapid Fire regimen

Welcome to AutopiaForums!!

Let`s see if I can make a mess of your questions.

1) Your regimen can be as complicated as you like (mine certainly is ) - or simple. You can certainly keep on the Rapid Fire cycle. I`d watch for the beading to weaken and then reapply. If the surface is still good, then you might consider something like BF GEP instead of BF TP&S. No point in removing paint if you don`t have to. Either of the products will remove existing sealant on the car.
    2) Only if you want to. BF is a really good line, though.
    3) Yes, it is.
    4) You don`t HAVE to use it or you can use after every wash or something in between.
    5) OK. Many members love their `nubas, though.
    6) No set answer. Climate and exposure are the biggest detractors to sealant/wax longevity. Watch for the beading to weaken (get larger). Once it does, then it is time. You can apply more frequently.

Post Thanks / Like

Don`t use BF TP&S if you don`t need correction (removal of minor swirls). Even then the GEP can help with that without abrasives. That`s all you really need to consider for how often you use a product is if its abrasive. TP&S, while mild, is abrasive and does remove paint

Post Thanks / Like

Ok ,since I already used TP&S with crystal seal, which should of taken care of any minor swirls and (cleaned) the paint. Would it be wise to follow up with WD all paint protection followed by crystal seal as maintenance in about let`s say 6 months or should I add another blackfire product to that. Should crystal seal be used on top of WDPP or even a wax product for LSP?

Post Thanks / Like

Once the beading starts to weaken (or before), either would be great choices. BF CS & BF WDAFPP are similar products. You trade ease of application for a bit of longevity and looks. If you want to layer them, that would work, too.

If you want to layer with a wax, that will work, too. Mostly an aesthetics thing if you prefer the looks of `nubas.

As I typed originally, you can go complex or easy. Your choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, is there an appropriate order of application meaning wdapp then CE then wax? Or would a different order be better. Also what pads would you recommend for the mentioned products. Again thank you for helping.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I layer such that more durable is under less.

Pads?
    Tp&s - green or white
    Gep - black
    WDAFPP - blue
    CS - MF towel.

Post Thanks / Like

i agree with mike 100%. you don`t have to limit yourself to just twice a year for a complete detail if you don`t want to. personally, i like to have a clean, defect free surface to begin with, followed up with a good base coat of bfwd. then maintenance is easy with bfcs and/ or bfps, whenever you feel like it. the wipe on/ walk away products are so easy to use, i use them whenever i want more shine or the beading/sheeting action starts to reduce. just keep it enjoyable for yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

when i had "rapid fire" on the xterra i did the following.....

1. BF POLISH & SEAL
    2. CRYSTAL SEAL. (great product)
    3. BF POLYMER SPRAY about every other wash.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

I will try to keep it as simple as I can, so lets say in about 6 months I want to do the `wet ice over fire`, since I already did `rapid fire` can I apply wet ice on top of rapid fire (or do I have to wash/strip the rapid fire)? Should I add bfcs to wet fire if yes does it matter at what point. From my understanding the wdapp is more durable than bfcs but than there`s the wax. Too many products or no such thing as too many products I have the CS so I figured I might as well use it. Thanks in advance for everybody`s help.

Post Thanks / Like

I like to periodically strip off products and start fresh.

Sealants (in general) go under waxes.

BF CS is a great product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    BF CS is a great product.
    Dear Michael, Greycar, & Friends

I knew I should`ve put Crystal Seal in my order on Friday night.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I agree BF CS is very good, that is why I still want to use it in whatever regimen I choose. Right now WD APP, followed by BFCS then BF Wax, is what I`m thinking, hopefully this is a good combo. I was also planning to use BFCS every now and then on top of the wax, is that ok?

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Greycar

Unless one of the many veteran detailers here advises otherwise, put the wax on top of the sealant.

See this.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that info., if I do use wax as last step what should I use every couple of weeks as an up keep besides me washing the car? BF WD Poly spray seems to fall under a sealant. There is BF instant detailer spray would that be better?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information