Post Thanks / Like

BlackICE Question

I have a 2013 Buick Regal with Black Diamond Tricoat paint and I was wondering if BlackICE would work well with this or would it tend cover up the flake?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BlackICE Question

Since it is so new, not many of us had a chance to really put it through multiple types of paint yet. Todd should be able to give a very good complete answer to this.

In theory, however, It should not cover up the metal flake at all. It is a color charged wax / sealant combination so it should actually make the flakes pop a bit.

Dodo Juice Blue Velvet and Purple Haze use the darker montan wax as well and they do not mute the metal flake in the paint. Due to this I really do not see an issue with the Black Ice having any ill affect on your flake.
    Thomas Kehlenbeck
    Aggressive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reality33 View Post
    Since it is so new, not many of us had a chance to really put it through multiple types of paint yet. Todd should be able to give a very good complete answer to this.

In theory, however, It should not cover up the metal flake at all. It is a color charged wax / sealant combination so it should actually make the flakes pop a bit.

Dodo Juice Blue Velvet and Purple Haze use the darker montan wax as well and they do not mute the metal flake in the paint. Due to this I really do not see an issue with the Black Ice having any ill affect on your flake.
    Thanks for the info. I have used waxes with dark montan wax before (Zymol) and it was not a problem even on lighter colors but this looks like it might be a little different. Just guessing.

Post Thanks / Like

There will be no muting of flake. In fact BlackICE`s leveling ability (thc ability of the wax to harden smooth when zoomed WAY in) should enhance the flake and push the reflections deep into the paint!

Thread Information