Thread: BF Help

Post Thanks / Like

BF Help

Hi all...I am new to the forum.

I just got a black diamond tricoat Buick Regal turbo a couple of weeks ago and am looking for suggestions on the best products to use. I have been a long time user of Zaino products on Corvettes but I have been reading a lot about BlackFire and it sounds like it might be easier to use than Zaino. I need something that will also stand up to Chicago winters as I will have no way to detail the car from about November to April. I was thinking:

BF Gloss Enhancing Polish
    BF Wet Diamond

Is this a good combo for a daily driver? Anything else needed like BF Midnight Sun or Crystal Seal?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BF Help

Hello and Welcome to Autopia Forums!

Congrats on the new car along with an absolute stunning finish!

The polish would really depend on the condition of the paint. If it is in great condition and you are just looking to make it that much better and amp up the gloss levels, then BF Gloss Enhancing Polish will do just that. It is a great pre-LSP cleaner that removes any old waxes or sealants from the dealer while adding a much better shine and more gloss.

For your color BF Wet Diamond is a great start. It is an excellent sealant for dark metallic colors and looks great. However, saying that, if you want to really put down a combo that looks simply beautiful on dark metallics, then topping the Wet Diamond with Midnight Sun about 8 hours later is truly awesome.

This is my go to for dark metallics and I have yet to find anything that matches that "wet ice over fire" look!
    Thomas Kehlenbeck
    Aggressive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reality33 View Post
    Hello and Welcome to Autopia Forums!

Congrats on the new car along with an absolute stunning finish!

The polish would really depend on the condition of the paint. If it is in great condition and you are just looking to make it that much better and amp up the gloss levels, then BF Gloss Enhancing Polish will do just that. It is a great pre-LSP cleaner that removes any old waxes or sealants from the dealer while adding a much better shine and more gloss.

For your color BF Wet Diamond is a great start. It is an excellent sealant for dark metallic colors and looks great. However, saying that, if you want to really put down a combo that looks simply beautiful on dark metallics, then topping the Wet Diamond with Midnight Sun about 8 hours later is truly awesome.

This is my go to for dark metallics and I have yet to find anything that matches that "wet ice over fire" look!
    Thanks for the quick reply.

The paint seems to be in very good condition but I may clay it just to be sure.

Ok...I am sold on the wet ice over fire approach. I am sure it will look great...how is the durability?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_H View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply.

The paint seems to be in very good condition but I may clay it just to be sure.

Ok...I am sold on the wet ice over fire approach. I am sure it will look great...how is the durability?

You are welcome!

It is good for durability. In FL I have received on avg about 5-7 months.

To keep it lasting as long as possible, after every other wash, you can add some BF Wet Diamond polymer Spray on it.
    Thomas Kehlenbeck
    Aggressive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to AF and congrats on that awesome ride. +1 on the bf products. if you have the extra money, the new BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax. is specifically for black or dark colors and is supposed to be the longest lasting bf product out there. of course this would be after claying and bfgep.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AutopiaForums!

Post Thanks / Like

You will like the BFWD. The BFGEP will likely help both the gloss and the durability. You might still want to go with a mild polish after claying to remove any light marring caused by the claying process.

You don`t NEED anything to follow the BFWD, but what you might choose to follow with depends on what your primary focus is. If extended durability with the least amount of work is your goal then Crystal Seal is great. If you want the maximum depth then Midnight Sun will do the trick. The durability of the Midnight Sun isn`t outstanding, but if you apply a new coat every few washes it will keep the car looking fantastic. 2-3 coats is ideal, with 12-24 hours between coats. If you don`t want to let the car sit for a few days to get it done, simply apply a new coat after each of your first few washes.

Post Thanks / Like

Aboard Ed!

The two Blackfire products you mention are top performers as is the entire Blackfire line.

If the finish defects are not severe enough to warrant a polish then perhaps try Blackfire Total Polish & Seal.

Blackfire Total Polish & Seal is a light swirl remover, pre-wax cleanser and paint sealant all in one! A lot of one-step cleaner waxes clean the paint, but few have the ability to remove mild swirls. Blackfire Total Polish & Seal can! Mild polishing agents remove fine swirls and minimize the appearance of imperfections.

Blackfire Total Polish & Seal is the perfect product for daily drivers. Blackfire Total Polish & Seal delivers an attractive gloss and the appearance of smooth, clean paint in far less time than a complete three-step detailing process. Total Polish & Seal is designed to provide the shine you want and protection your vehicle needs in a practical, easy-to-use product.

Although Blackfire total Polish & Seal contains a protective sealant, I suggest topping it with Blackfire`s legendary Wet Diamond Sealant for maximum gloss and protection.

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    welcome to AF and congrats on that awesome ride. +1 on the bf products. if you have the extra money, the new BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax. is specifically for black or dark colors and is supposed to be the longest lasting bf product out there. of course this would be after claying and bfgep.
    BlackIce looks like a terrific product but it is a bit too pricey. My only experience with very expensive wax (Zymol) was not very positive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nth Degree View Post
    You will like the BFWD. The BFGEP will likely help both the gloss and the durability. You might still want to go with a mild polish after claying to remove any light marring caused by the claying process.

You don`t NEED anything to follow the BFWD, but what you might choose to follow with depends on what your primary focus is. If extended durability with the least amount of work is your goal then Crystal Seal is great. If you want the maximum depth then Midnight Sun will do the trick. The durability of the Midnight Sun isn`t outstanding, but if you apply a new coat every few washes it will keep the car looking fantastic. 2-3 coats is ideal, with 12-24 hours between coats. If you don`t want to let the car sit for a few days to get it done, simply apply a new coat after each of your first few washes.
    I am looking for for both maximum durability and depth. Probably not going to happen.

How durable is Crystal Seal?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Aboard Ed!

The two Blackfire products you mention are top performers as is the entire Blackfire line.

If the finish defects are not severe enough to warrant a polish then perhaps try Blackfire Total Polish & Seal.

Blackfire Total Polish & Seal is a light swirl remover, pre-wax cleanser and paint sealant all in one! A lot of one-step cleaner waxes clean the paint, but few have the ability to remove mild swirls. Blackfire Total Polish & Seal can! Mild polishing agents remove fine swirls and minimize the appearance of imperfections.

Blackfire Total Polish & Seal is the perfect product for daily drivers. Blackfire Total Polish & Seal delivers an attractive gloss and the appearance of smooth, clean paint in far less time than a complete three-step detailing process. Total Polish & Seal is designed to provide the shine you want and protection your vehicle needs in a practical, easy-to-use product.

Although Blackfire total Polish & Seal contains a protective sealant, I suggest topping it with Blackfire`s legendary Wet Diamond Sealant for maximum gloss and protection.
    So many options with Blackfire products. I think a good place for me to start is Total Polish & Seal plus Wet Diamond and see if I get the look I want. I can always top it with a wax later.

Post Thanks / Like

What is important to remember is that Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection is so good that it literally built the rest of the BLACKFIRE line. You CANNOT GO WRONG with any BLACKFIRE combination, particularly when you are using Wet Diamond as the base.

Being from Chicago, I can testify that the winter weather is really hard on any LSP, particularly when you have temp swings from -10 up to 50 degrees (the same as going from 30 to 90) in a matter of hours on some days. BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond should get you through most of the winter, but if the opportunity arises to wash your new ride, I would top it with either Crystal Seal OR Polymer Spray to add a little more protection and help get you through the rest of the winter months.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    What is important to remember is that Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection is so good that it literally built the rest of the BLACKFIRE line. You CANNOT GO WRONG with any BLACKFIRE combination, particularly when you are using Wet Diamond as the base.

Being from Chicago, I can testify that the winter weather is really hard on any LSP, particularly when you have temp swings from -10 up to 50 degrees (the same as going from 30 to 90) in a matter of hours on some days. BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond should get you through most of the winter, but if the opportunity arises to wash your new ride, I would top it with either Crystal Seal OR Polymer Spray to add a little more protection and help get you through the rest of the winter months.
    Thanks for the info Todd. I am anxious to give the black diamond tricoat the BlackFire treatment. I`ll get an order placed this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

don`t forget to post your detail pics when you finish !

Post Thanks / Like

Based on having really good paint I think I would a agree with Bobby.

I would suggest starting with BF TP&S. Then doing a coat or even two of BFWD sealant. But here I will add that I would also get some BFCS to use as a top up product every month or so. I really think you will like BFCS, and it is so easy to use.

Thread Information