Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

BF GEP - roadtest

written for our Accord website - copied here:

www.driveacoord.net

Believe it or not, time flies.....I know everyone thinks I detail my car every day but actually I have not done anything to it except rinseless wash since 11/29....so I went to the closet and thought I would try something diff because unlike the BF jobs here, my car is not "fresh new" anymore and has a few tree sap spots, a few light scratches or a light swirl or two. So it was time to try the BF Gloss Enhancing Polish (GEP) I bought last year when I bought my load of Crystal seal.

So what the diff in this stuff and Total polish and seal? Well, this has a slight bit more "cut" (abrasive), but is still made for clearcoat new cars. So I loaded up a new "Cool Wave" blue CCS pad on my orbital, set for med speed and laid on a coat after a rinseless wash.

Suffice to say, it worked very well. Again, a mirror surface ready for more crystal seal. (too lazy for WD today) And again, another EASY product like all BF stuff to get off, once you make a few passes, it is virtually gone, one swipe with a MF and it`s a brilliant gloss, not hard white powder to get off.

If you want to see the before and after look at the door seam below. The back quarter is done and the pass door is before the GEP. See the stool? Look close at the diff on each side of the door seam. That`s the GEP. And the pic below is just the polish, I have not even sealed yet..

Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BF GEP - roadtest

Very nice.

How do you like the wave pads ???
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

very nice...they seem to hold a bit more product and seem to "scrub" a bit better. Also cooler when you feel it than a std CCS...
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    very nice...they seem to hold a bit more product and seem to "scrub" a bit better. Also cooler when you feel it than a std CCS...
    Thanks for the answer.

Looks lie it would have more "bite"
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for review, a great combo with cool wave pads!

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on the bfgep. no abrasives or correcting ability, but it really cleans and fills making it a great base for any lsp. your finish is noticeably more reflective. very nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I think GEP has less cut than TPnS. It is more of a glaze that has the ability to "hide" slight imperfections, but not remove them like TPnS does.

Post Thanks / Like

GEP doesn`t have any cut. It`s a great cleaner and decent glaze. It`s the most awesome base for BFWD though! If you got cut it was from your pads I`d suppose.

GEP is no joke. By far my favorite paint cleaner.

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review. And we use that stuff all the time when as a first step on any oxidation. Makes polishing much easier!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review Glen!

Thread Information