Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m getting ready to create "Whiplash".. And I`m a nubie with a Brand New Subie..

Hi all,

My name is Steve, I live in northeast Pennsylvania and my wife and I are the proud owners of a terrific looking 2013 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited with the "Special Appearance Package" (SAP). The great thing about this car is the astonishingly rare limited edition color only offered for a short time before being discontinued in November as a marketing test by Subaru.. This car is factory painted in "Brilliant Brown Pearl" which is one of the deepest pearl, and markedly different colors I`ve ever seen..

Here is a shot of the car and my wife showing the setting sun glow tone of the Brown paint..

I`ve already planned out what I`m going to be doing.. One thing, I have hand detailed before on a previous car.. This will be my first endeavor with machine detailing.. And I`m not afraid..!! To be safe, I`ve chosen Blackfire Products.

Well I`ve started getting ready for the warmer weather in hopefully in a month or two.

I`m planning on some serious detailing on the new Subaru. Going to be using Blackfire Products starting with a good wash cleaning, some claying of the surface with Blackfire Polyclay II & Blackfire Clay Lubricant to clean the clear coat of the stubborn stuff, machine polishing using Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish, then after a few hours applying a machine application of Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection. I`ll let everything sit 24 hours and then finish it off with a machine applied coat of Blackfire Midnight Sun Carnauba Wax.

Just got my first of several Blackfire Products today. Already have a Griots Garage 6" dual action polisher and a 3" one on the way. Already have a selection of 6.5" & 3" inch foam pads in different grades. Next month I only need a few more items and should have everything I need.

Now..That Dam Pennsyltucky Woodchuck better be right on his forcast..

I just need three good 50 degree days. I`m looking forward to making that wet glass look. As Blackfire says... Create "Whiplash" with Blackfire Products..!!.

Steve,
    Bethlehem, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I`m getting ready to create "Whiplash".. And I`m a nubie with a Brand New Subie..

Welcome to AF Steve! Really liking that color; your plan is solid and you will love BF products!
    2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I`m getting ready to create "Whiplash".. And I`m a nubie with a Brand New Subie..

Welcome to AutopiaForums!!

Post Thanks / Like

welcome. good choice on the blackfire line.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Steve!!

That is a beautiful color and one of those colors that can look gorgeously wet with the correct care and products!

I read through your plan and BlackFire products will not disappoint, I can assure you.

A word of caution.....Polishing with Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish, then BlackFire Wet Diamond Sealant, then BlackFire Midnight Sun Carnauba Wax will only serve to drive your neighbors looney!!

Sounds like a plan man!!

BobbyG

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Autopiaforums Steve, remember to get a neck brace before you create the Blackfire " Whiplash " effect.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Welcome to Autopiaforums Steve, remember to get a neck brace before you create the Blackfire " Whiplash " effect.
    Well said Angelo!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for the real nice welcome here.. I`m looking forward to causing ruckus and lots of Whiplash..LOL

I have one question about the Blackfire Pad conditioner..

I`ve seen many forum posts about priming brand new or cleaned pads with the product to be applied. Say I`m in the intial polish phase.. Will the couple spray`s of the BF Pad conditioner be enough on the new pad right out of the packaging or a dried & cleaned pad??

I see everyone trying to steer towards rubbing in product first, working it in, then adding a few dabs of product to start application..??

Let me know..

Steve..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hdskullfire2 View Post

I see everyone trying to steer towards rubbing in product first, working it in, then adding a few dabs of product to start application..??

Let me know..

Steve..
    I`m not implying that the pad conditioners won`t or don`t work but I subscribe to this method.....

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AutopiaForums! The BF line has some really nice products.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks BobbyG..

That seems to be the consensus.. In my mind it makes sense, I read that many end up binding or throwing foam pads, or overheat them from dryness.. I`d rather start too wet than too dry..

I`m going to start with priming the pad with product and working it in, and just before placing it on the surface of the car add the recommended product dabs or lines to the pad.. It will give me a better idea on how much or how little I need..

I know I came to the right place now.. Kudus for all the advice..

Thanks also Wors for the greeting..

Steve..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hdskullfire2 View Post
    Thanks BobbyG..

That seems to be the consensus.. In my mind it makes sense, I read that many end up binding or throwing foam pads, or overheat them from dryness.. I`d rather start too wet than too dry..

I`m going to start with priming the pad with product and working it in, and just before placing it on the surface of the car add the recommended product dabs or lines to the pad.. It will give me a better idea on how much or how little I need..

I know I came to the right place now.. Kudus for all the advice..

Thanks also Wors for the greeting..

Steve..
    Todd has an awesome article on priming the pad, but in a nutshell it is basically make the pad the color of the polish by priming (ie polish should cover the entire face of the pad), work it in the pad, let the pad sit for five minutes, add a few drops of more polish, and then go to town

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to AF Steve. you can`t go wrong using any of the blackfire products, definitely my favorite brand. once you get your initial detail done, you`ll find other blackfire products that make maintaining that beautiful finish easy, like BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Spray Wax, BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Polymer Spray,,http://www.autopia-carcare.com/black...stal-seal.html, and BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Instant Detailer. don`t forget to post some more pics when you`re finished.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I`m looking into those BF post detailing products as well.. I most likely will be doing 2 major details during the good months, and trying to keep it presentable the rest of the time.. Our winters are not that long, I`m hoping for mid March, to well into November before I have to prepare it for the winter surge again..

Thanks all for the great support..

Here is a closer shot of the paint.. And one under normal lighting.. Quite a nice finish.. This is one day after we picked it up from the dealer.. I expect to get it wetter.. It`s ok here but I know I can do better..

Steve..

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice vehicle, congrats! Wish you the best of luck, and enjoyment.

Do consider that the paint is just a part of the detailing, and upkeep process. Since it`s new, this is when you also want to use great products to treat, and protect all exterior trim, and perhaps a few choice interior protection products.

There`s of course a myriad of great products to choose from here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information