Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I`m getting ready to create "Whiplash".. And I`m a nubie with a Brand New Subie..

Understood Mark.. Right now I`m using 303 Aerospace Protectant for the black plastic portions of the car inside and out, with the exception of the leather seating..... The Mirrors, wheels, grill, and door handles are all special paint with clear-coat.. I know already that Subaru`s have soft paint verses hard paint.. Not a problem for me I understand that and in some ways that will be better..

I have to look at some of the other BF stuff out there.. For the Saddle Brown Leather Interior, I`m using Griot`s Leather Care Spray.. It brings out the leather very nicely and had that real leather smell and is dry and natural without staining the leather..

I was able to find a better image than mine from (C J Spitz from the 2013 Subaru Outback Research page)

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I`m getting ready to create "Whiplash".. And I`m a nubie with a Brand New Subie..

Congratulations. It`s a beautiful vehicle.

The dark color would be an excellent candidate for the "Wet Ice Over Fire" Blackfire combo.

It`s not as "slick" feeling as BFWD alone but much deeper. It looks like a pool of calm water.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome ride in an even better color. Sounds like you have a great plan of attack! Looking forward to the results. I hope you enjoy your new Subie in good health

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Congratulations. It`s a beautiful vehicle.

The dark color would be an excellent candidate for the "Wet Ice Over Fire" Blackfire combo.

It`s not as "slick" feeling as BFWD alone but much deeper. It looks like a pool of calm water.
    Merlin,

All the background information I`ve been able to find so far pointed me this BF combination for the dark color.. Should look sharp when done..

I just received one of those two today the BF All Finish Paint Protection. The BF Midnight Sun I`ll pick up next month.. Those are two that I already planned on using.. Looks like I`m going "Wet Ice Over Fire" after all..

Also thanks Todd..

Steve..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hdskullfire2 View Post
    I just received one of those two today the BF All Finish Paint Protection. The BF Midnight Sun I`ll pick up next month..
    Those are two that I already planned on using.. Looks like I`m going "Wet Ice Over Fire" after all..
    After the paint is prepped I`d go ahead and apply the BFWD. I believe (depending on the temp.) you can layer another coat after 4-12 hours.
    BFWD alone is a wonderful look. They guys say "That feels slicker than dog snot." and the ladies say "Ohh...the paint feels smooth and soft".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    After the paint is prepped I`d go ahead and apply the BFWD. I believe (depending on the temp.) you can layer another coat after 4-12 hours.
    BFWD alone is a wonderful look. They guys say "That feels slicker than dog snot." and the ladies say "Ohh...the paint feels smooth and soft".
    I think I could force myself real hard and manage to like that..LOL

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

I expect to be putting updates from time to time.. Just hoping the 50 degree clear day weather comes soon.. I already have a nice size canopy to work under and hoping to be able to beat the tree pollination cycle..

Here are some shots of my attack arsenal so far.. You`ll see in one shot I have some Meg`s stuff.. That`s just for now since we are in the middle of winter..

Right now the car has a hand applied coat of Meg`s Gold to hold it through the winter months..

Today I got BF Pad Cleaner, BF Gloss Enhancing Polish, my 3" Griots DA Polisher (Both the 6" & 3" have the 25` foot cords..) And a few more Griot`s & Lake pads in 6.5" & 3" to add to what I have as of now..

Oh, Yes I`m a Ham Radio Operator.. That`s a Icom IC-7600 HF station in the background.. 73`s, de NS3L..

It seemingly grows by the day..

Griots DA Polishers 6" & 3" with 25` foot cords..

Lake & Griots 6.5" & 3" pads in various grades..

Steve..

Post Thanks / Like

Photo0007.jpg

here is a shot of one of my favorite blackfire combos called RAPID FIRE.

1. BF POLISH & SEAL
    2. BF CRYSTAL SEAL

steve,
    good choice on the BF line. i have not ran across one of their products that has not delivered.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hdskullfire2 View Post

It seemingly grows by the day..

Griots DA Polishers 6" & 3" with 25` foot cords..

Lake & Griots 6.5" & 3" pads in various grades..

Steve..
    Very nice setup Steve!!

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Nice way to get started.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you are all set! I started with that same BF Combo and loved the way it made my truck look, and I did it by hand the first time.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I`ll have to wait a little longer to detail the Subie..

That`s only 5 inches of snow..

We got lucky..

Steve..

Post Thanks / Like

Luckily you didn`t put the BLACKFIRE on yet! The shine may have been so intense that all of the snow (in a 4 mile radius) could have melted upon impact. Massive floods and devastation could have occurred.

Post Thanks / Like

Todd..

Wow, that would be cool.. No more plowing.. Just keep it detailed, and during the winter months expose and drive the car for a few minutes around the neighborhood and pick up a few bucks for clearing driveways with out even stopping..

Great Idea.. Blackfire Whiplash Snow Removal System..

Steve..

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you are ready to rock that Outback into heavy amounts of Whiplash!

you could not have picked a better combo then "Wet ice over fire" for that color. In my opinion, its colors like yours that show what that combo can do at its best and is my go to for all dark metallic paints.

Congrats on the new vehicle and I cant wait to see some pics of what she looks like when the weather gets warmer.
    Thomas Kehlenbeck
    Aggressive Detailing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information