Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Rinseless - Safe on Fresh Repaint?

My car is getting repainted later this month (long, aggravating story about an industrial accident involving construction sites and burst cement pipes that I won`t go into). I know that it`s generally recommended to let fresh paint cure for some time before you apply a wax or sealant to it, so I`ve been going through the products I`ll be using when I get the car back.

Now I`m a fan of rinseless washing, and I know that Chris@Optimum has mentioned several times that you can paint over ONR, so I`m assuming that there`d be no issue using it on fresh paint. However, my ONR is almost out - I have a gallon of Blackfire rinseless enroute (which I`d ordered prior to the accident) that I was looking to replace it with (based on a number of positive reviews I`ve read on here and other forums).

Now, I can order some ONR if needed, but of course I would prefer not to buy anything if it was not required. So, cognizant of the need to let fresh paint cure, would the BF rinseless be safe to use on fresh paint, or would the polymers in it (which according, to the marketing blurb, are the same ones in BFWD AFPP) impact that curing?
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Rinseless - Safe on Fresh Repaint?

Quote Originally Posted by umi000 View Post
    My car is getting repainted later this month (long, aggravating story about an industrial accident involving construction sites and burst cement pipes that I won`t go into). I know that it`s generally recommended to let fresh paint cure for some time before you apply a wax or sealant to it, so I`ve been going through the products I`ll be using when I get the car back.

Now I`m a fan of rinseless washing, and I know that Chris@Optimum has mentioned several times that you can paint over ONR, so I`m assuming that there`d be no issue using it on fresh paint. However, my ONR is almost out - I have a gallon of Blackfire rinseless enroute (which I`d ordered prior to the accident) that I was looking to replace it with (based on a number of positive reviews I`ve read on here and other forums).

Now, I can order some ONR if needed, but of course I would prefer not to buy anything if it was not required. So, cognizant of the need to let fresh paint cure, would the BF rinseless be safe to use on fresh paint, or would the polymers in it (which according, to the marketing blurb, are the same ones in BFWD AFPP) impact that curing?
    Yes and no.

BFWD RW has a high load of wet diamond polymers, so you will be adding some protection to the paint. In this regard, and if this concerns you, then I wouldn`t use it.

Yes in the sense that many experts I talk to say that you can protect and coat modern basecoat/clearcoat paint systems shortly after they are applied (as opposed to the old school lacquer and enamel finishes that took months to out gas).

If you want to be very safe I would look at something like Meguiar`s Rinseless Wash as it doesn`t leave anything behind. When the paint is cured switch back to BFWD RW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got it - thanks Todd. Looks like I`ll be making another order...
    Francis

Thread Information