Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless vs Waterless?

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    Todd-please chime in....how can a liquid scratch a car?....no rocks in the rinseless, right?
    The liquid did not do it. It was either the poor quality or dirty microfiber and/or trapped dirt in the microfiber combined with poor technique like pressing down to hard when wiping.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course not....being a bit sarcastic.....lol
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Of course not....being a bit sarcastic.....lol
    I just wanted to help the original poster.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

i prefer to use waterless wash as a drying aid and my rinseless how it was designed to be used. this weekend i purchased a pump pressure sprayer and filled it with onr water mix. pre-soaked my moderately dirty truck, washed with onr and microfiber, then dried it with waffle weave with the waterless sprayed on before drying. came out looking like it was done with soap and water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 68bowtie View Post
    I dont` like the rinseless wash. I have the black diamond rinseless wash and did my car the other day and it put fine scratches all over. I had to go and repolish the whole car. I was not happy. I did it just like was described on the AG web site. I would not use it again. ITs the touchless car wash for me during the winter, at least that doesn`t scratch my car.
    What was your procedure? And what was your wash media?
    2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

When doing a RW i think its best to work panel by panel. Prepping each panel with some good APC then I use a soaking wet MF wiping the panel in one direction and with a new section on the MF towel with each pass. Getting the dirt and grime loosened and well lubed is the key to a no scratch wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc1 View Post
    i prefer to use waterless wash as a drying aid and my rinseless how it was designed to be used. this weekend i purchased a pump pressure sprayer and filled it with onr water mix. pre-soaked my moderately dirty truck, washed with onr and microfiber, then dried it with waffle weave with the waterless sprayed on before drying. came out looking like it was done with soap and water.
    This process sounds like a waste or waterless, ewpecially if you are drying each panel right after you wash with the Rinseless or is it just me?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TacoHerder View Post
    When doing a RW i think its best to work panel by panel. Prepping each panel with some good APC then I use a soaking wet MF wiping the panel in one direction and with a new section on the MF towel with each pass. Getting the dirt and grime loosened and well lubed is the key to a no scratch wash.
    Are we washing or are we stripping the LSP ? I only use an APC during a wash is when I want to get rid of the previous LSP.

Post Thanks / Like

No, the APC is to helps loosen dirt to help reduce any chances of scratches. That`s for a wash. I`m weird also, if cleaning my vehicle I like to remove my previous LSP. Since my winter prep I haven`t done this because I added a sealant though. So I delute my APC a bit more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TacoHerder View Post
    No, the APC is to helps loosen dirt to help reduce any chances of scratches. That`s for a wash. I`m weird also, if cleaning my vehicle I like to remove my previous LSP. Since my winter prep I haven`t done this because I added a sealant though. So I delute my APC a bit more.
    Using an APC like this during every wash will strip your LSP much quicker than needed. I would suggest simply spraying down each panel with a highly diluted ONR solution or even just plain water. Any moisture will help to begin the emulsification process.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess its a good thing I always add a coat of wax with each wash.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Got my BF rinseless yesterday and washed this morning...easy and I think more gloss than the waterless...gonna keep my waterless for wheels and a garden sprayer pre soak before the rinseless....

think I have a plan....LOL
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Todd-please chime in....how can a liquid scratch a car?....no rocks in the rinseless, right?
    Oh Glen.....

Post Thanks / Like

Just did my first BF Rinseless wash Friday night with no issues. I sprayed each panel as I went with BFRW diluted to quick detailer (3 oz. : 32 oz.) as a pre-soak. Put 10 MF towels in the bucket with the BFRW solution (1 oz. : 2 gal) and had another clean empty bucket to toss each towel after use. First towel I pulled out I rung out real good and used that as my drying towel. So each new sopping wet towel did 2 panels (one panel, flip towel, 2nd panel...except for roof and hood did half panel, flip towel, other half panel). Semi-dried the two cleaned panels with the drying towel, then buffed the two panels with completely dry MF towel. On to the next two panels...etc. Had I had some BFWDPS, I would have topped with that (just ordered some on AG with BOGO special). I also need to get a jerry can so I can store the unused rinseless solution since it never touches a dirty towel (credit to Glen E...actually credit to Glen E on a lot of what I have learned about detailing). I ended up dumping nearly a gallon of re-useable wash.

Backstory: First paint correction on this car was last weekend with Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay, Megs Ultimate Compound, BF TPnS and BF CS. I will need to strip the CS and redo the TPns (fix some blemishes from my virgin trial), which I will follow with BFWD and then BF CS again.

I love the rinseless process. Not only is it quick and easy, but saves a ton of water too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdmaccord View Post
    Just did my first BF Rinseless wash Friday night with no issues. I sprayed each panel as I went with BFRW diluted to quick detailer (3 oz. : 32 oz.) as a pre-soak. Put 10 MF towels in the bucket with the BFRW solution (1 oz. : 2 gal) and had another clean empty bucket to toss each towel after use. First towel I pulled out I rung out real good and used that as my drying towel. So each new sopping wet towel did 2 panels (one panel, flip towel, 2nd panel...except for roof and hood did half panel, flip towel, other half panel). Semi-dried the two cleaned panels with the drying towel, then buffed the two panels with completely dry MF towel. On to the next two panels...etc. Had I had some BFWDPS, I would have topped with that (just ordered some on AG with BOGO special). I also need to get a jerry can so I can store the unused rinseless solution since it never touches a dirty towel (credit to Glen E...actually credit to Glen E on a lot of what I have learned about detailing). I ended up dumping nearly a gallon of re-useable wash.

Backstory: First paint correction on this car was last weekend with Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay, Megs Ultimate Compound, BF TPnS and BF CS. I will need to strip the CS and redo the TPns (fix some blemishes from my virgin trial), which I will follow with BFWD and then BF CS again.

I love the rinseless process. Not only is it quick and easy, but saves a ton of water too.
    Glad to hear the good results!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information