Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Questions on BlackFire products?

So far from what I have read and seen I like the wet look on black paint and like the looks that BF gives. I am gathering this information for the upcoming spring and it is for a black Camaro. Here goes my questions.

Looking at the chart for the BF combinations I like the submerged diamond idea since it seem fast and easy. Since I already have a polish and it seems to work great I would rather do it as a separate step and just use BFCS instead of the BFTPNS. My questions are do I apply BFCS before the BFWD? Or after? Or go nuts and do before and after? Or is doing BFCS before and after just going overboard?

Another question is like the idea of the polymer spray but I am trying to stay within a budget and after spending money on a boat load of GG Speed Shine I was wondering if the GGSS will work just fine on the BF products with no ill affects or it taking away the look I am trying to go for?

I am also open to other products that will give me that deep wet shine look and so far I am leaning towards BF but I am open to suggestions from the experts provided I don`t have to sell an organ to buy them.

Thanks,
    Dean.

Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Questions on BlackFire products?

If you are going for Total Whiplash and have already polished it out, I would use BF GEP before BFWD or BF WDCS.

The new Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal is another great choice for a bit more `nuba look.

Can`t go wrong either way.

Post Thanks / Like

I would lay on a coat of BFWD then top it with BFCS. It is a killer combo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    This would be my suggestion too

Post Thanks / Like

I like using BFTPnS first then I lay down either BFCS or BFwD. But will maintain with BFCS.
    2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

I would also recommend the BFGEP then BFWD. I don`t see the need to follow with BFCS right away, but perhaps to refresh a few weeks later if you want.

I recently revisited a black car I detailed a year ago. It is a garage queen. Last year it got the Wet Ice over Fire treatment. 3 coats of BFMS over the BFWD. The customer was so blown away with the slickness of the BFWD that this time around he opted to forego the BFMS. He bought a jar of BFMS last year so he can add it at any time. When I saw the car two days later in the noon sun I could see the difference. It still looked great but I could definitely tell the depth just wasn`t there.

It might be a little expensive but a little goes a long way. No comparison IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

BFMS kicks BF(insert any letters here) ass.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are going for Total Whiplash and have already polished it out, I would use BF GEP before BFWD or BF WDCS.
    If I already have a polish and would be polishing out the fine scratches would I really need BFGEP? I ask because I am trying to understand the benefit of using another polish. I really don`t want to buy another polish if I don`t need to. This was kind of the reason I was thinking I could just use BFCS instead of BFTPnS.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TroyScherer

This would be my suggestion too
    Two suggestions on this one. Bear with me on this question as I am a noob. I kind of had the idea of that the sealant should be first so as to seal the clear coat or is the idea to seal in the BFWDAFPP?

I like using BFTPnS first then I lay down either BFCS or BFwD. But will maintain with BFCS.
    This was my first option and I still like the idea of the BFTPnS since it is a polish and sealant in one. the submerged diamond is topping it with BFWDAFPP.

I would also recommend the BFGEP then BFWD. I don`t see the need to follow with BFCS right away, but perhaps to refresh a few weeks later if you want.

I recently revisited a black car I detailed a year ago. It is a garage queen. Last year it got the Wet Ice over Fire treatment. 3 coats of BFMS over the BFWD. The customer was so blown away with the slickness of the BFWD that this time around he opted to forego the BFMS. He bought a jar of BFMS last year so he can add it at any time. When I saw the car two days later in the noon sun I could see the difference. It still looked great but I could definitely tell the depth just wasn`t there.

It might be a little expensive but a little goes a long way. No comparison IMHO.
    Not sure I am interested in the BFMS, reason is it is a little pricey for the size of the container. I am having a hard time wrapping the idea around having to buy BFWDAFPP and BFCS. That idea may change since I have over 4 months to gather info and decide.

Thanks so far for the help and please keep the suggestion coming.

Dean.

Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

BF GEP isn`t a polish strictly. Per the website:

"BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish is a remarkable finishing polish with a built-in glaze for the ultimate "wet-look." It visually reduces swirl marks while creating a deep gloss. It removes old waxes and sealants and cleans the paint`s surface to prep it for a shiny coat of wax or paint sealant. Used before a wax or sealant, BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish improves the gloss and clarity of the finish. Professionals and enthusiasts know that polishing is must for a show car shine!

BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish is a pre-wax cleanser, non-abrasive polish, and glaze combination. It wets the surface to create the illusion of the paint being under water. This hides minor swirls and scratches without removing any paint or clear coat. It "rounds-over" the leading edge of minor swirls which robs sunlight of a sharp edge to cause a reflection. While this visually reduces swirls, it does not remove them. This is a great product to use on a vehicle in good condition with very few swirls.

Use Gloss Enhancing Polish to remove old wax, clean the top paint surface, visually reduce swirls and deepen the paint`s gloss prior to wax or sealant application. It is extremely effective on all paint types, from antique lacquers to modern scratch resistant clear coats. When used under BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, it`s pure magic! The combination of Gloss Enhancing Polish and Wet Diamond creates a liquid-like wetness that looks like you could reach into the finish. This combination is especially stunning on black, red and dark colors but still shimmers on white, grey and silver finishes.

If you have a show car, concours car, hot rod or just want a show-car shine on your daily driver, use Gloss Enhancing Polish and follow with a top coat of Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection."

If you want the best looking finishes, products like BF GEP or WG PPE will add a noticeable difference AND get you the most out of your LSP.

E.g., http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...quid-seal.html

Post Thanks / Like

Just to make sure I am being clear.

BFWD = BFAFPP which is the standard paint sealant.

BFCS is the new Wipe on Walk Away (WOWA) sealant. It is super easy to use and I can Do a car in like 10-15 minutes just like a QD after a wash.

I will also agree with Dr. Oldz that BFMS is one of the nicest and easiest waxes to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Photo0007.jpg

TP&S followed by CS.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Photo0007.jpg

TP&S followed by CS.

X2 ----CS is a sealant, needs to go on after polish, not on top of other waxes or sealants .....WD or MS after it.....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    BFMS kicks BF(insert any letters here) ass.
    Spoken like a true nuba addict

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

Just to make sure I am being clear.

BFWD = BFAFPP which is the standard paint sealant.

BFCS is the new Wipe on Walk Away (WOWA) sealant. It is super easy to use and I can Do a car in like 10-15 minutes just like a QD after a wash.

I will also agree with Dr. Oldz that BFMS is one of the nicest and easiest waxes to use.
    Thank you for the clarification. I am fairly new to this site and trying to remember the acronyms. After I used BFWD in the first post I realized that there are a lot of Wet Diamond (WD) products and wanted to make sure that I meant the Paint Protection product. So far it seems like the way to go is BFCS then BFWD on top. I would consider the BFMS instead to the BFWD but what is the durability of BFMS and exactly how many application out of 3oz can I get? the cheap person I have turned out to be I can`t wrap the idea around the fact that it costs over $13 an ounce.

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    X2 ----CS is a sealant, needs to go on after polish, not on top of other waxes or sealants .....WD or MS after it.....
    This is what I thought. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Photo0007.jpg

TP&S followed by CS.
    thank you for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    BF GEP isn`t a polish strictly. Per the website:

"BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish is a remarkable finishing polish with a built-in glaze for the ultimate "wet-look." It visually reduces swirl marks while creating a deep gloss. It removes old waxes and sealants and cleans the paint`s surface to prep it for a shiny coat of wax or paint sealant. Used before a wax or sealant, BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish improves the gloss and clarity of the finish. Professionals and enthusiasts know that polishing is must for a show car shine!

BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish is a pre-wax cleanser, non-abrasive polish, and glaze combination. It wets the surface to create the illusion of the paint being under water. This hides minor swirls and scratches without removing any paint or clear coat. It "rounds-over" the leading edge of minor swirls which robs sunlight of a sharp edge to cause a reflection. While this visually reduces swirls, it does not remove them. This is a great product to use on a vehicle in good condition with very few swirls.

Use Gloss Enhancing Polish to remove old wax, clean the top paint surface, visually reduce swirls and deepen the paint`s gloss prior to wax or sealant application. It is extremely effective on all paint types, from antique lacquers to modern scratch resistant clear coats. When used under BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, it`s pure magic! The combination of Gloss Enhancing Polish and Wet Diamond creates a liquid-like wetness that looks like you could reach into the finish. This combination is especially stunning on black, red and dark colors but still shimmers on white, grey and silver finishes.

If you have a show car, concours car, hot rod or just want a show-car shine on your daily driver, use Gloss Enhancing Polish and follow with a top coat of Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection."

If you want the best looking finishes, products like BF GEP or WG PPE will add a noticeable difference AND get you the most out of your LSP.

E.g., http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...quid-seal.html
    I did read that BFGEP was cleaner and glaze it slipped my mind. Not really keen on the idea of a glaze. Question, wouldn`t BFGEP be more suited for lighter colored vehicles? I ask because this is my first black vehicle and it seems like the towel marks stand out 20x more in the sun on this vehicle then any other I have owned. I know that glaze fills but from my research so far glaze seems to wash out after a wash or two. Does the BFWD provide a good seal so the BFGEP has a longer duration? The idea of BFGEP sounds great because instead of having to take off a layer of clear coat even though it is only minute you are filling and therefore the clear coat lasts longer.

So far it seems like the way to go is Submerged Diamond combo(BFTPnS and then BFWD) So far I am still thinking I will replace the BFTPnS with BFCS since I have a polish and would like to use it up.

Thanks everyone so far. I really appreciate the suggestions.

Dean.

Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    Thank you for the clarification. I am fairly new to this site and trying to remember the acronyms. After I used BFWD in the first post I realized that there are a lot of Wet Diamond (WD) products and wanted to make sure that I meant the Paint Protection product. So far it seems like the way to go is BFCS then BFWD on top.

BFWD is the original and most durable of the 2 sealants. ( BFWD vs BFCS)

So based on this you should use BFWD first. Then top it with BFCS. You can then use BFCS every other month or so to "top up" the protection. Thus extending your protection indefinitely.

BFMS is a great paste wax. But if you are looking for durability I would suggest sticking with the sealants. Some of use just really like to apply waxes and like the Nuba glow you get. You could more than likely get 10+ applications out OS a 3oz jar if you applied it super thin and were careful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information