Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Questions on BlackFire products?

let s ask Todd...WD and then CS, or the other way around?
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

If cost is a major factor in the decision, there is no need to go with two different products. Simply go with the BFWD and apply two coats. Reapply every few months. The only advantage BFCS holds over it is the ease and speed of use but BFWD is already very easy. Start small and go with the basic necessities first and add on as your budget allows. None of it is permanent and you will have plenty of opportunities to play and experiment with them to decide what your prefer.

I don`t know exactly how many applications I can get from a 7oz tub of BFMS, but based upon what I have used already I would estimate it to be in the 50ish range. Even if I only get 35 from it that still comes out to around $2/application. (Of course I tend to put 3 coats on each time I use it. )

The BFGEP will help a little with durability of the sealant by aiding the bond, so the cost is offset some by that.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nth Degree View Post
    If cost is a major factor in the decision, there is no need to go with two different products. Simply go with the BFWD and apply two coats. Reapply every few months. The only advantage BFCS holds over it is the ease and speed of use but BFWD is already very easy. Start small and go with the basic necessities first and add on as your budget allows. None of it is permanent and you will have plenty of opportunities to play and experiment with them to decide what your prefer.

exactly why I use the CS...I don`t have to go back outside after applying, as there is no buff, saves me 30 min....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding Gloss Enhancing Polish- BLACKFIRE GEP can be used on polished paint because it will help "prime" the surface for BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond AFPP. Is it necessary? No, and on perfectly polished paint the performance difference will be minimal. The one thing I would caution is that GEP will strip the paint of any oils/fillers from the polishes so you may unmask some swirl marks.

If you are working on a like new paint or lightly weathered but don`t want to machine polish, then GEP is going to make a big difference in the performance of the BFWD. If you have already cleaned and prepared the paint by machine polishing, then GEP`s performance benefits will be somewhat marginalized by your prep.

BFWD over CS or CS over BFWD....

I would recommend BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond AFPP first, then top with BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal. BLACKFIRE sealants feature the "Wet Diamond Polymer" system and have total synergistic compatibility, so the end result (in terms of durability) will be small. I come from the old school of laying down the most durable product first (in this case BFWD). However, some people have done it both ways and prefer the look that doing CS provides first (remembering that the final look is most dictated by whatever product you put down last)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Regarding Gloss Enhancing Polish- BLACKFIRE GEP can be used on polished paint because it will help "prime" the surface for BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond AFPP. Is it necessary? No, and on perfectly polished paint the performance difference will be minimal. The one thing I would caution is that GEP will strip the paint of any oils/fillers from the polishes so you may unmask some swirl marks.

If you are working on a like new paint or lightly weathered but don`t want to machine polish, then GEP is going to make a big difference in the performance of the BFWD. If you have already cleaned and prepared the paint by machine polishing, then GEP`s performance benefits will be somewhat marginalized by your prep.

BFWD over CS or CS over BFWD....

I would recommend BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond AFPP first, then top with BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal. BLACKFIRE sealants feature the "Wet Diamond Polymer" system and have total synergistic compatibility, so the end result (in terms of durability) will be small. I come from the old school of laying down the most durable product first (in this case BFWD). However, some people have done it both ways and prefer the look that doing CS provides first (remembering that the final look is most dictated by whatever product you put down last)

Thank you very much Todd this helps me a lot. But still have a couple questions. Okay, I have purchased the GG paint prep for cleaning during the wash or just prior to rinse or during rinse, I will polish then I have the GG pre-wax cleaner to take the polish residue off so at this point my paint should be clean, I think, would there still be a need for BFGEP? So my last question is I am after the deep rich or wet look on my black car will the combination of BFWD and then BFCS get me that look or should there be something else I should be looking into for products?

I really appreciate the help everyone. Thanks.

Dean.

Dean.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information