Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

BFWD sealant dust/dirt

I recently just jumped ship from carnauba to sealant. After reading a ton of posts about Blackfire products I decided to give it a go.
    I have to say that the shine and water sheeting is remarkable! Only complaint is the constant layer of black dust/dirt attracted to my paint. I have 2 new white vehicles that are having this issue. I usually use a California Duster to remove basic dust but it no longer works since BFWD was applied. The duster simply spreads the dust around.
    I read somewhere that topping with Midnight Sun will help a little with the static issue but anyone else have any fixes? I love a clean shiny truck and I`m going to grow tired of using the Polymer spray Everytime I return home.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BFWD sealant dust/dirt

Welcome Nova, great truck you have there. This product helps in that dept. your talking about: Finish Kare 425 Extra Slick Final Body Shine when one has problems will too much fine dust attacking the finish. The products sometimes are not the problem but it could be the static coming from one`s ride but FK 425 should help alot in that dept for you.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AutopiaForums!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AutopiaForums.

Dust attraction is usually a result from static built up (think rubbing a balloon over your hair when you where a kid and watching your hair stand up). This is a result of friction.

The first thing to look at if you are getting dust build up would be the towels you are using for the application or removal of any product. If you are drying your towels using a dry (particularly on high-heat) you could be building a lot of static charge which transfers to the paint.

If you are using Wet Diamond Polymer Spray frequently you could be introducing static charge every time you use it, which is leading to the problem. Carnauba waxes will coat the microfiber more, which will quickly kill the static charge in the towel, and thus seem to reduce the dusting.

Next, I would strongly consider replacing the California Duster with BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash. While it may take a few more moments to get the dust off your car it is far more gentle to the paint and leaves behind the Wet Diamond Polymers that bond over your existing protection.

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed less dust build up than normal when topping BFWD with BF Midnight Sun Spray Wax (http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...spray-wax.html). Looked great, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all the replies. I use Cobra 530 towels and I Do dry on high heat. They have a ton of static when I remove them from the dryer. I never use dryer sheets with my microfibers, I swear I read somewhere that it`s a bad idea. Any other tricks to reduce static with my towels besides low heat?

Post Thanks / Like

Using dryer sheets are not good for microfiber or even towels. They coat the towels and the reduce absorption. I would not dry on high heat. I dry on low heat and they do not really came out with static.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll give it a try. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Welcome to AutopiaForums.

Dust attraction is usually a result from static built up (think rubbing a balloon over your hair when you where a kid and watching your hair stand up). This is a result of friction.

The first thing to look at if you are getting dust build up would be the towels you are using for the application or removal of any product. If you are drying your towels using a dry (particularly on high-heat) you could be building a lot of static charge which transfers to the paint.

If you are using Wet Diamond Polymer Spray frequently you could be introducing static charge every time you use it, which is leading to the problem. Carnauba waxes will coat the microfiber more, which will quickly kill the static charge in the towel, and thus seem to reduce the dusting.

Next, I would strongly consider replacing the California Duster with BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash. While it may take a few more moments to get the dust off your car it is far more gentle to the paint and leaves behind the Wet Diamond Polymers that bond over your existing protection.
    I use Wet Diamond Polymer Spray after each wash. Are you saying this adds to my dust attraction problem? What BF product should I use after wash as a detail and booster spray that will not add to the dust attraction?

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful truck and welcome to the forums.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlineman View Post
    I use Wet Diamond Polymer Spray after each wash. Are you saying this adds to my dust attraction problem? What BF product should I use after wash as a detail and booster spray that will not add to the dust attraction?
    FK425 is the first thing that comes to mind for dust reduction.

I use Duragloss Aquawax right after washing, and have not noticed any dust attraction problems with it. For my almost daily QD application I use FK425.

With the Wet Diamond Polymer Spray durability you probably don`t need to use it after every wash.

GTO_04
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392 Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue/blue interior

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlineman View Post
    I believe Todd was speaking of using ANY product with statically charged towels would contribute to dust attraction. Not the product itself.
    Connor Harrison Detailing
    Facebook!

Inspection > Correction > Protection

Post Thanks / Like

Wow nice truck! Never had a issue with dust attraction, but I have noticed that after BFMS I did see some dust attraction.
    2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

I use a the dryer balls dedicated to my MF towels to reduce static. Also low heat. The fibers of a MF towel are super fine and high heat can melt them slightly and reduce their softness.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem with BFWD attracting dust.

The BFMS Spray Wax is definitely a good solution if you apply it soon after BFWD has cured. I posted here about how the BFWD static attracts the spray wax and makes for a very easy application. The car will attract a lot less dust after applying BFMS:

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...view-pics.html
    VW: 1990 Golf II CSX, BMW: 1999 323i, 2000 325i, 2001 525i, 2004 120i, 2005 530i, 2007 550i, 2009 X6 xDrive 35i Porsche: 2011 Panamera, 2012 Panamera 4S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information