Post Thanks / Like

BF MSQd streaking?

Hi Todd and gang,

What would make BFMS QD to streak. I sent some to a buddy of mine who also has a black Acura and he is telling me its streaking and hazing

I asked for some pics so we will see.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BF MSQd streaking?

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post
    Hi Todd and gang,

What would make BFMS QD to streak. I sent some to a buddy of mine who also has a black Acura and he is telling me its streaking and hazing

I asked for some pics so we will see.
    My first thought would be a towel that has been washed in fabric softener or contaminated with some other product previously.

My second through would be extreme over application and not having a dry enough towel to remove the excess product.

My third thought would be some interference between the LSP and the Instant Detailer. I put them in order of most likely to least likely.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Todd Ill let him know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post
    Thanks Todd Ill let him know.
    Absolutely and keep us in the loop. Let me know if it works out for him as feedback on a variety of levels is important for us to continue to make high-quality, excellent performing products.

Post Thanks / Like

As a follow up question, I have a topcoat of BFMS on a couple of my cars now. I have a bottle of the MSQD. Does the MSQD go on similar to the WDPS (one mist per panel, work in, buff off)?

I am planning to us MSQD 1-2 times per month to replenish the carnauba a bit, after a wash/dry. The other 2-3 times a month, I will just us WDPS after a wash/dry. Good plan?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdmaccord View Post
    As a follow up question, I have a topcoat of BFMS on a couple of my cars now. I have a bottle of the MSQD. Does the MSQD go on similar to the WDPS (one mist per panel, work in, buff off)?

I am planning to us MSQD 1-2 times per month to replenish the carnauba a bit, after a wash/dry. The other 2-3 times a month, I will just us WDPS after a wash/dry. Good plan?
    Excellent plan. For cleaning, lightly mist on to the surface. If you are just replenishing the wax, I prefer to spray directly onto a towel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Excellent plan. For cleaning, lightly mist on to the surface. If you are just replenishing the wax, I prefer to spray directly onto a towel.
    So it sounds like you are saying use slightly more than when using the WDPS, so maybe 2-3 mists per panel instead of just one (referring to the cleaning part...was going to do that today since it hasn`t been in the rain and just want to get off some dust and pollen)?

Post Thanks / Like

It`s relative to the amount of soiling on the car. Light dust, 1-2 mists per panel. Moderate dust, smudges, finger prints, 2-3 mists per panel. Midnight Sun Instant Detailer is highly concentrated so it doesn`t take much to provide the lubrication needed to lightly wipe away light soiling.

For anything more then light-duty cleanup I would recommend BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    It`s relative to the amount of soiling on the car. Light dust, 1-2 mists per panel. Moderate dust, smudges, finger prints, 2-3 mists per panel. Midnight Sun Instant Detailer is highly concentrated so it doesn`t take much to provide the lubrication needed to lightly wipe away light soiling.

For anything more then light-duty cleanup I would recommend BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash.
    Thanks! Just had light dust and pollen. Used the MSID with 2-3 mists per panel. Had some streaking when finished so followed with WDPS. Rejuvenated!

Thread Information