Post Thanks / Like

Using non BF Carnuaba with BFWD

Hey Gang, I was advising my brother on a detailing kit, he also has a black Acura (2006 TSX) and he is not enthusiastic about a clean car as I am...

But I was telling him about blackfire products, and what I was pretty much going to do is fill up samples for him but no way I am splitting the midnight sun paste....Sorry....

So I was going to ship to him some TPnS, or BfWD, and buy him a bottle of CS.

Can he use the TPnS or BFWD, and then a lets say Meguiars high tech yellow or Gold class Carnuaba wax? Cause I recall Todd saying that they had a hard time with a wax sticking with the bfwd... Also can you use CS or Poly spray on top of a carnuaba?

So Sealant on top of a nuba??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Using non BF Carnuaba with BFWD

I would say yes you can use a Meguiars high tech yellow. It may not bond as well as BFMS but it will work. Another option would be to have him pick up the 3oz BFMS.

I would say that CS would would best on top of TPnS or BFWD and then top it with a wax. I always go with sealant before wax. But Todd will have better info. From my understanding Poly Spray can be used on all of the BF products.

Post Thanks / Like

You could top with any non-cleaner wax but you do not HAVE to. I was impressed with BF Midnight Sun Spray wax and that might be an excellent alternative.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post
    Hey Gang, I was advising my brother on a detailing kit, he also has a black Acura (2006 TSX) and he is not enthusiastic about a clean car as I am...
    It is your duty to show him the light!

But I was telling him about blackfire products, and what I was pretty much going to do is fill up samples for him but no way I am splitting the midnight sun paste....Sorry....
    Well done solider!

So I was going to ship to him some TPnS, or BfWD, and buy him a bottle of CS.
    Remember with people who don`t share our passion, more work is a turn-off. And that is the beauty of BLACKFIRE, IMO, and one of the ways we wanted to expand the line. To make it possible for people of all levels of enthusiam to be able to enjoy a whiplash creating shine!

I would think, that in your cousin`s case, he would be best served with TPnS, and CS.

TPnS provides instant gratification! It clean, polishes, and seals the paint in one step, so you are really improving the gloss on three levels. If his paint is neglected, then he will have to apply a little passion when applying it to achieve maximum benefit, but as soon as he wipes the residue off, he is going to appreciate the difference in shine.

Crystal Seal is SO easy to use and has a great look. Once he preps the paint and seals it with TPnS, maintaining with CS will be easy. Again, near instant gratification.

Can he use the TPnS or BFWD, and then a lets say Meguiars high tech yellow or Gold class Carnuaba wax?
    Yes. You can top BFWD, TPnS, or CS with any product you would like. Provided that the topper doesn`t have strong solvents or abrasive polishing agents it will not remove the BLACKFIRE underneath. The question is will you get maximum benefit from the topper? The answer is, test it an find out!

BF products are designed to work together, and take the guess work out of the equation. That said, I am a detailer at heart, so the first I do when I get a new product is read the directions, then do what I want.

Cause I recall Todd saying that they had a hard time with a wax sticking with the bfwd... Also can you use CS or Poly spray on top of a carnuaba?

So Sealant on top of a nuba??
    Back when Midnight Sun was first being developed (circa 2007) there was some difficulty in getting many popular carnauba waxes to have more than a few weeks of durability or avoid steaking/smearing. This is because Wet Diamond (and now TPnS and CS) create a lot of coverage on the paint`s surface. There just isn`t a lot of space for the carnuaba to bite into.

This is why Midnight Sun was infused with Wet Diamond Polymers. The result was a wax that would bond into the sealant (for lack of better terms) so the life cycle of the wax would not be compromised by being applied over a sealant instead of bare paint.

You can use CS or Polyspray over carnauba based products, again you may not get maximum benefit, but the results will still be whiplash worthy!

Post Thanks / Like

the first time i used bfwd, i topped it with megs hi-tech yellow wax because that was the only wax i had and can tell you, it looked great. since then,the bfms is definitely the best i`ve used, but don`t be afraid to experiment with other non cleaner waxes if money is the issue. if they don`t last as long, heck just re-apply or hit it with some spray wax to see if you like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    the first time i used bfwd, i topped it with megs hi-tech yellow wax because that was the only wax i had and can tell you, it looked great. since then,the bfms is definitely the best i`ve used, but don`t be afraid to experiment with other non cleaner waxes if money is the issue. if they don`t last as long, heck just re-apply or hit it with some spray wax to see if you like it.
    As long as the topper doesn`t have cleaning properties, then the most likely `negative result` you will see is going to be shortened durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Gents.

Thread Information