Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wet Paint Made Easy w/Blackfire Midnight Sun Spray Wax

Look on the label of any Blackfire car care product and you will see a striking red Ferrari 599 ready to pounce. Take your eyes off the Ferrari for a second and take a look at the name right above it. Much like the finely crafted Pininfarina designed shell that houses the mechanical bits that make the 599 so good, the name of every Blackfire car care product has a significance that can only be appreciated by those who experience it. While using Blackfire`s newest car care product, Midnight Sun Spray Wax, won`t mimic the experience of slamming through the gears in a striking red Ferrari 599, it will give you the satisfaction of turning heads and creating whiplash as you cruise the strip at your local car show.

Blackfire Midnight Sun Spray Wax is fortified with the same blend of Brazilian carnauba wax found in Midnight Sun Carnauba Paste Wax, but in the convenience of an aerosol can. Carnauba wax in a spray can? You better believe it. Not only will Blackfire Midnight Sun Spray Wax make you question the potential of aerosol based products, you might even find yourself looking at the can after using it for the first time and wondering why Autopia only charged you $15.99 for this experience - er - car care product.

Blackfire Midnight Sun Spray Wax is quick and easy to use: Simply spray on to a clean, dry surface, let it dry to a haze (5-10 minutes) and buff off using a quality microfiber towel.

Tip: Like other Blackfire car care products, Midnight Sun Spray Wax is designed to be applied thin. Unlike ketchup on a McDonalds cheeseburger, less is more with Blackfire car care products.

Once it dries to a haze, simply buff it off using a quality, microfiber towel. If you know anything about me, you are well aware that I`m a huge fan of the Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel. This towel is perfect for spray waxes and spray detailers. Yes, I said the magic word; perfect.

The aerosol application of Blackfire Midnight Sun Spray Wax makes it easy to apply even coats to smaller body panels. If a little over spray occurs on glass, chrome, or plastic trim, simply wipe it off.

You should know: Blackfire Midnight Sun Spray Wax provides an anti-static finish. Surfaces treated with Blackfire Midnight Sun Spray Wax will attract less dirt and dust when compared to traditional spray waxes.

Much like every other car care product in the Blackfire arsenal, Midnight Sun Spray Wax is easy to use, but does it create a whiplash inducing shine? Take a look for yourself, and you decide.

If you`re looking for a quick, easy way to achieve a whiplash inducing shine, look no further than Blackfire Midnight Sun Spray Wax. Like every other product in the Blackfire arsenal, Midnight Sun Spray Wax provides a level of shine and protection typically not expected from a product in its price range.

Blackfire Midnight Sun Spray Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wet Paint Made Easy w/Blackfire Midnight Sun Spray Wax

Nice write up Stig!

I am not sold on the aerosol application of wax but I may have to give it a try as it looks so darn good...

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that does look WET!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry um I might be asking a dumb question bcos I hv never tried aerosol wax but um...
    How do you actually even out the layer of sprayed wax on paint?
    Bcos from wt I see from the photos, you get more spray product in a line on car paint surface. I m afraid it will cure into uneven layer before I buff it out.., or the wiping action using a MF will take care of it? Should i get a foam applicator and spread it around?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PPLd View Post
    Sorry um I might be asking a dumb question bcos I hv never tried aerosol wax but um...
    How do you actually even out the layer of sprayed wax on paint?
    Bcos from wt I see from the photos, you get more spray product in a line on car paint surface. I m afraid it will cure into uneven layer before I buff it out.., or the wiping action using a MF will take care of it? Should i get a foam applicator and spread it around?
    Aerosol application actually makes it very easy to apply a thin, consistent coat. You`re not going to see uneven spots after you buff the wax off, the towel will take care of that.

Post Thanks / Like

nice review. off topic/anyone remember eagle 1 aerosol spray wax years ago?
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    nice review. off topic/anyone remember eagle 1 aerosol spray wax years ago?

I had seen it on shelves up here a couple of times.

Post Thanks / Like

i loved the older bf ivory carnauba spray cleaner/wax , but the shine of the new bfms spray wax is much better. outstanding stig.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    i loved the older bf ivory carnauba spray cleaner/wax , but the shine of the new bfms spray wax is much better. outstanding stig.
    Be sure to post pictures of your ride once you get your hands on a can of Blackfire Midnight Sun Spray Wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AutopiaTech View Post
    Aerosol application actually makes it very easy to apply a thin, consistent coat. You`re not going to see uneven spots after you buff the wax off, the towel will take care of that.

Really? easy to apply thin consistent coat. Are you kidding?

I finally tried it on my jet back car hood after a BF waterless wash. I started out moving my hand too slowly resulting in a heavy application but as I speeded up my movement across the hood I was able to finally apply a thin coat. It just took a little practice. The only downside to a thick coat was product waste and a little dusting residue as a wiped it off after 15 minutes with a Cobra Jr. towel.

I`m thinking this may be a great product for my jet black car after two coats of wet diamond sealant and for my wife`s white suv I think she will get the bf poly spray.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: Wet Paint Made Easy w/Blackfire Midnight Sun Spray Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SP4449 View Post
    Really? easy to apply thin consistent coat. Are you kidding?

I finally tried it on my jet back car hood after a BF waterless wash. I started out moving my hand too slowly resulting in a heavy application but as I speeded up my movement across the hood I was able to finally apply a thin coat. It just took a little practice. The only downside to a thick coat was product waste and a little dusting residue as a wiped it off after 15 minutes with a Cobra Jr. towel.

I`m thinking this may be a great product for my jet black car after two coats of wet diamond sealant and for my wife`s white suv I think she will get the bf poly spray.
    Practice makes perfect.

If you guys were curious...this is what it does for silver.

Post Thanks / Like

This was my first time using a spray wax so I think I put it on a little heavy. Had some dusting but nothing a good microfiber and midnight sun detailer couldn`t fix. The application of spray wax is ver deceptive the parts that I tought I didn`t hit well were in fact coated with a fine mist of the wax but not visible until removal. So yea I think I wasted a lot of product, I have less than half a can left. Next time I will use a much quicker hand and not apply like a spray paint.LOL! By the way it looks like you can reach into my tricoat metallic yellow blaze paint on my 2011 Mustanf GT. I have completely converted to Blackfire products in the past 18 months and couldn`t be happier. I`m very excited that they have expanded the product line for 2012!

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a learning curve using a spray wax like this. I used to use a Honda spray wax. I learned it doesn`t take much. Just spray 2 long lines on a hood each side, and moving it around with the towel or a red or blue pad. Using the standard "go horizontal first" when you put it on and then follow up with vertical strokes gets the whole hood and sets up a nice thin haze. I really like this stuff , it`s very very glossy. I`m looking to get possibly six or eight cars, midsize cars , out of a spray can.
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to watch how much you apply, mist a light amount on a microfiber towel and apply it to the surface using overlapping strokes, then come back with another microfiber towel and buff to a high shine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information