Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Whiplash in 45mins! Pics & reviews!

Ok the Whiplash in under 45mins applies to my Wifes CR V.

I have been buying stuff online for the past ten years or so and hardly write a review.Today I tried the Waterless wash, Midnight Sun Quick Detailer, and Midnight Sun Aersol Spray Wax. I am usually limited on time, I have a fulltime career and MBA student by night and wife is a Med-student. So trust me we make every minute count.

Today I gave my wife CRV a quick clean. The car was really dirty; I haven’t washed it in 6 weeks at the minimum. I did a quick ONR bath, and then used the Midnight Sun Aersol spray wax, I sprayed 3 horizontal lines of wax on the each panel with 2 vertical lines, held the can close to the panel (3 inches away) because there was a breeze. Then I took a Red oval CCS hand applicator and spread it evenly across each panel. This process to do the whole CRV took about 8 minutes or so. I let it haze for 15 minutes.

While the CRV was hazing I used the Waterless Wash to clean my car, couple mist on the panel and then wipe. Did the whole car in 15 minutes, and follow up with Midnight Sun QD (Midnight sun paste wax was applied on Thursday).
    Wiping off the hazed CRV was easy, the midnight sun spray wax just came right off, and The CRVs paint was a true 40 mins exterior detail. If I didn’t spend the 15 minutes working on my car in-between this would have been done in 25 minutes or so.

The waterless wash was easy to use, took the bugs right off the left the whole car with a nice gloss, too be honest I don’t think the QD added anymore gloss after the BF WW. Just wish it was a little cheaper, I feel like from a 20 oz bottle you will only get 4 to 5 washes. Unless you pick up the concentrate for a few bucks more. This did leave some streaking but could have been due to me using too much product. The Waterless wash is going to be a permanent part of my detailing supplies now.

The Midnight Sun Spray Wax, is the easiest to use wax ever, I think this product will do very well. You do a Rinseless wash then apply midnight sun spray wax, and spread with the foam pad, go work on the wheels and tires, come back and wipe and buff. You can have a Whiplash shine in about 40 minutes… That’s juts insane!!!! This will also be a permanent part of my detailing supplies.

The Midnight sun QD, This worked well, unlike other QDs I have tried this left no streaking, and cleaned up the streaks left by waterless wash well. This a QD so I will use this again in a couple of weeks and see how much shine it will restore to the recently waxed Midnight Sun Paste wax surface of my black Acura.

Pics of the CRV

Both cars, just change the oil in the TSX to Amsoil...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whiplash in 45mins! Pics & reviews!

I love it! With a pending marriage of my own, I am sure I will be looking for time savers as well. I have fallen in love with a few spray waxes and AIO products. This new BF spray is one of them. Nice work, your cars look great.
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TID10 View Post
    I love it! With a pending marriage of my own, I am sure I will be looking for time savers as well. I have fallen in love with a few spray waxes and AIO products. This new BF spray is one of them. Nice work, your cars look great.
    Man goodluck with planning the wedding... I swear if I saw one more chair cover I would have snapped. Man once the wedding planning is over it will be great PM if you have questions on planning or tips for choosing vendors.

I am a huge fan of AIO now too. I am curious to see the durability of this product. Can`t wait to fully detail my classic 01 Acura now.

Any tips in cleaning trim pieces?? Look around my fog light. I wanna get that black again.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Im a huge fan of quick too....once I have used BF TOTAL POLISH AND SEAL, I can do my cars in 45 min with crystal seal and Poly spray.....instant whiplash....

Anx to add spray wax to that...
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post
    Any tips in cleaning trim pieces?? Look around my fog light. I wanna get that black again.
    I would suggest APC and a soft tooth brush. Another good option is the Black Wow: PreWow and a tooth brush. Once you have the plastics clean I would pick up some Ultima Trim and Tire Guard. This stuff is the real deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe that combo should be called "Instant Gratification".

Post Thanks / Like

your rides turned out really nice. once you get a good detail done, maintaining them like you are doing is definitely the way to go. the older you get or the less time you have, the better the quick and easy looks !

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I would suggest APC and a soft tooth brush. Another good option is the Black Wow: PreWow and a tooth brush. Once you have the plastics clean I would pick up some Ultima Trim and Tire Guard. This stuff is the real deal.
    This way or you can use Solution Finish Trim Restoration also.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Given how hectic your life is I appreciate you posting your review for us!

The Wet Diamond Waterless Wash can leave light streaking IF the towel is saturated. If you have a fresh, dry towel, usually a light wipe is all that is required to remove any streaking what-so-ever.

Your cars look awesome, thanks again for sharing, now get back to work! :r
    ofl

Post Thanks / Like

Black trim is fun. I don`t really have a cure all. I asked this question in a thread and got some good feedback. Search for FJ fender trim. I would link it for you but I`m not that savy on my phone.

I usually just clean it well with an APC and a brush then treat with 303 or optibond. On some trim i have had good luck cleaning the oxidation with Klasse AIO. It just depends on what works for the trim at hand.

A good thread just opened up here on the Wolfgang Trim Sealant. That looks promising.
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Thanks I got a sample of APC blackfire.

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    Maybe that combo should be called "Instant Gratification".
    I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    your rides turned out really nice. once you get a good detail done, maintaining them like you are doing is definitely the way to go. the older you get or the less time you have, the better the quick and easy looks !
    I totally agree, thats what I explained to the wife when I bought all the blackfire
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    This way or you can use Solution Finish Trim Restoration also.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Given how hectic your life is I appreciate you posting your review for us!

The Wet Diamond Waterless Wash can leave light streaking IF the towel is saturated. If you have a fresh, dry towel, usually a light wipe is all that is required to remove any streaking what-so-ever.

Your cars look awesome, thanks again for sharing, now get back to work! :r
    ofl
    Working Working..... Thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by TID10 View Post
    Black trim is fun. I don`t really have a cure all. I asked this question in a thread and got some good feedback. Search for FJ fender trim. I would link it for you but I`m not that savy on my phone.

I usually just clean it well with an APC and a brush then treat with 303 or optibond. On some trim i have had good luck cleaning the oxidation with Klasse AIO. It just depends on what works for the trim at hand.

A good thread just opened up here on the Wolfgang Trim Sealant. That looks promising.
    I was looking at pics of wolfgang applied and does look promising. Seems pretty pricey for $20.00 for 4 oz though.

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking at pics of wolfgang applied and does look promising. Seems pretty pricey for $20.00 for 4 oz though.
    Get the Wolfgang, Great product and look. The 4oz will last longer then you think, a little goes a long way. Plus it is on bogo at ag

Post Thanks / Like

Ok the Whiplash in under 45mins applies to my Wifes CR V.

I have been buying stuff online for the past ten years or so and hardly write a review.Today I tried the Waterless wash, Midnight Sun Quick Detailer, and Midnight Sun Aersol Spray Wax. I am usually limited on time, I have a fulltime career and MBA student by night and wife is a Med-student. So trust me we make every minute count.

Today I gave my wife CRV a quick clean. The car was really dirty; I haven’t washed it in 6 weeks at the minimum. I did a quick ONR bath, and then used the Midnight Sun Aersol spray wax, I sprayed 3 horizontal lines of wax on the each panel with 2 vertical lines, held the can close to the panel (3 inches away) because there was a breeze. Then I took a Red oval CCS hand applicator and spread it evenly across each panel. This process to do the whole CRV took about 8 minutes or so. I let it haze for 15 minutes.

While the CRV was hazing I used the Waterless Wash to clean my car, couple mist on the panel and then wipe. Did the whole car in 15 minutes, and follow up with Midnight Sun QD (Midnight sun paste wax was applied on Thursday).
    Wiping off the hazed CRV was easy, the midnight sun spray wax just came right off, and The CRVs paint was a true 40 mins exterior detail. If I didn’t spend the 15 minutes working on my car in-between this would have been done in 25 minutes or so.

The waterless wash was easy to use, took the bugs right off the left the whole car with a nice gloss, too be honest I don’t think the QD added anymore gloss after the BF WW. Just wish it was a little cheaper, I feel like from a 20 oz bottle you will only get 4 to 5 washes. Unless you pick up the concentrate for a few bucks more. This did leave some streaking but could have been due to me using too much product. The Waterless wash is going to be a permanent part of my detailing supplies now.

The Midnight Sun Spray Wax, is the easiest to use wax ever, I think this product will do very well. You do a Rinseless wash then apply midnight sun spray wax, and spread with the foam pad, go work on the wheels and tires, come back and wipe and buff. You can have a Whiplash shine in about 40 minutes… That’s juts insane!!!! This will also be a permanent part of my detailing supplies.

The Midnight sun QD, This worked well, unlike other QDs I have tried this left no streaking, and cleaned up the streaks left by waterless wash well. This a QD so I will use this again in a couple of weeks and see how much shine it will restore to the recently waxed Midnight Sun Paste wax surface of my black Acura.
    Excellent review and pics. Have you since used the Midnight Sun QD on the black Acura? If so, what did you think of the results? I`m trying to decide if I should switch from the BF Polymer Spray.
    VW: 1990 Golf II CSX, BMW: 1999 323i, 2000 325i, 2001 525i, 2004 120i, 2005 530i, 2007 550i, 2009 X6 xDrive 35i Porsche: 2011 Panamera, 2012 Panamera 4S

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EMC2 View Post
    Excellent review and pics. Have you since used the Midnight Sun QD on the black Acura? If so, what did you think of the results? I`m trying to decide if I should switch from the BF Polymer Spray.
    Thanks!

I really like using both, but if it came down to picking just one I would give the edge to polymer spray.

Alot of it is also dependent on my lsp, if I have BFMS on the car ill use MSqD, but I have also used polymer spray after BFMS. And I don`t have the eye to tell a difference here.
    2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

Your cars look fantastic. Thanks for posting those reviews.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information