Post Thanks / Like

BFWD Rinseless Wash

When using this, do you suggest rinsing the wash mitt out in a separate bucket with clean water after you wet down a panel? Basically using a two bucket system. One bucket has the BFWD Rinseless Wash in it and the other bucket plain water.

The car that I`m waiting to use this on is an Audi S4. The S4 generates a lot of brake dust. Any suggestions on how to clean the wheels without a hose.

I`ve used Zaino products since 2006 and just switched to the BF products after reading many positive comments and reviews. BF is really easy to apply and looks great on the black S4.

Thanks for any help. Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BFWD Rinseless Wash

Just answered my own question by reading this thread: BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash - BRAND NEW PRODUCT - 01-10-2012, 11:52 AM

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

With a really filthy vehicle I would soak like 4 or 5 microfibers in the solution and clean the dirty parts for the car first and dont put those MF back in. Then just clean like normal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sducotey View Post
    When using this, do you suggest rinsing the wash mitt out in a separate bucket with clean water after you wet down a panel? Basically using a two bucket system. One bucket has the BFWD Rinseless Wash in it and the other bucket plain water.

The car that I`m waiting to use this on is an Audi S4. The S4 generates a lot of brake dust. Any suggestions on how to clean the wheels without a hose.

I`ve used Zaino products since 2006 and just switched to the BF products after reading many positive comments and reviews. BF is really easy to apply and looks great on the black S4.

Thanks for any help. Steve
    Welcome to the forum!

I read your post below, but I can offer more insight.

If your Audi is just `lightly` dirty, then 1 bucket is more than sufficient. A lot of people use rinseless style washes with 1 bucket and as little as 2 gallons of solution.

I personally prefer to err on the side of caution, so I always use 4 gallons and usually use a secondary rinse bucket.

As far as wheel cleaning, make sure to have several dirty microfiber towels on hand. It is more than possible to clean your wheels with a rinseless wash but it can be a messy job.

I would suggest some Nitrile Gloves as well to keep your hands clean and our All Purpose & Wheel Towels.

Once again welcome to AutopiaForums!

Post Thanks / Like

I do my wheels with the rinseless. Do them last, use a nice wheel brush, two bucket method so you have alot of water to rinse with.

Post Thanks / Like

I use an old grout sponge, cut into a wedge shape to fit between spokes, as the wash media for wheels. The sponge can hold a lot of solution, and releases the brake dust particles easily into your original bucket or rinse bucket.

I use an old general purpose MF towel for the final wipe down. The result is that you have a slightly dirty sponge that washes out much easier with APC/Dishwashing liquid, while the cloth hasn`t picked up a whole lot of brake dust and require extensive soaking in detergent to clean out the dust.
    Chris
    2004 Lexus IS200
    2009 Nissan Qashqai

Thread Information