Post Thanks / Like

WD rinseless and WD Waterless

I just picked up the Rinsless and Waterless wash. I will be making a QD also out of the Rinseless, is it necessary to use distilled water to do so?

Now the waterless wash, is this pretty must a QD on steroids? Lets say I want to do a quick wipe down of pollen, do I have to bring out the buckets to do Rinseless or ONR, or can the Waterless handle this, with a follow up of Poly spray or MSqd.

Also Todd my transformation is almost complete to Blackfire exterior care

I picked up

MidnightSun Carnuaba
    Midnight Sun Aersol Spray
    Midnight Sun QD
    BFWD AFPP
    BF TPnS
    Crystal Seal
    Polymer Spray Sealant
    BF GEP
    BFWD Rinseless
    BFWD waterless
    and BF Microfiber restore....

You guys got great products sadly alot of people dont know about these yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WD rinseless and WD Waterless

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post
    I just picked up the Rinsless and Waterless wash. I will be making a QD also out of the Rinseless, is it necessary to use distilled water to do so?
    It is not necessary but it certainly will help get the best performance from the product. The Wet Diamond polymers in Rinseless Wash are hyper active, they will adhere to anything solid. Unfiltered or tap water has a lot of mineral material floating around in it, and some polymers will attach to these.

You can use slightly more Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash to combat this (but this could make it a little more streak prone). I would go to the grocery store and pick up a gallon of distilled water. It`s not too much money and it will guarantee you are getting optimal performance from Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash in QD form.

Now the waterless wash, is this pretty must a QD on steroids? Lets say I want to do a quick wipe down of pollen, do I have to bring out the buckets to do Rinseless or ONR, or can the Waterless handle this, with a follow up of Poly spray or MSqd.
    From this thread: http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...less-wash.html

What is the difference between a waterless wash and a quick detailer spray?

Generally speaking a waterless wash is designed primarily as a tool to clean light to moderately paint. A quick detailer, on the other hand, is designed to remove only extremely light dust and soiling. The benefit that most quick detailers have is they usually have some gloss-enhancing agent in them, be it a wax or silicone, that also adds gloss and creates a `just waxed` or `quick detailed` look. With BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash we actually built the formula around the same polymers in our paint sealant. The result is extreme cleaning power with all of the gloss enhancing benefits of a quick detailer. Not only can BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash clean extremely well, but it might be the best quick detailer you have ever used as well.

As far as pollen, keep in mind that pollen is extremely sharp and abrasive.

Here is a picture of pollen under the microscope:

There is a lot of surface area to each pollen grain (given it`s size) as well.

If there is a light covering of pollen on the car, then Wet Diamond Waterless Wash in combination with several clean microfibers will work perfectly well. If there is more than a light dusting I would probably go with a rinseless wash.

Wet Diamond Waterless Wash pushes the limit of what can be removed from the paint with out inflicting any marring but I prefer to err on the side of caution.

Also Todd my transformation is almost complete to Blackfire exterior care

I picked up

MidnightSun Carnuaba
    Midnight Sun Aersol Spray
    Midnight Sun QD
    BFWD AFPP
    BF TPnS
    Crystal Seal
    Polymer Spray Sealant
    BF GEP
    BFWD Rinseless
    BFWD waterless
    and BF Microfiber restore....

You guys got great products sadly alot of people dont know about these yet.

Make sure you tell everybody about them!
    Seriously though, thank you for the feed back. The entire PBMG team worked very hard at bringing the entire BLACKFIRE line up to par and so far it is has been a resounding success.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Todd you use to have a HHR with soft paint, right. If I use the Waterless is there a chance of it swirling the car even more? I just picked up 64 oz of Waterless and the Chinchilla towels so I can do this once ever two weeks, and Rinse less the other two week if needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post
    Hey Todd you use to have a HHR with soft paint, right. If I use the Waterless is there a chance of it swirling the car even more? I just picked up 64 oz of Waterless and the Chinchilla towels so I can do this once ever two weeks, and Rinse less the other two week if needed.
    It really depends on how dirty the paint gets between washing. If you it is just light dusting/road grime you will be fine. If it is dirty, I would use the Rinseless more.

Thread Information