Post Thanks / Like

Gloss Enhancing Polish and Wet Diamond Questions

I have been wanting to try the Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish and Blackfire Wet Diamond combination for a while now, and have a few questions. It seems you all on this forum are the most knowledgeable wehn it comes to the Blackfire lineup, so maybe you guys can help me out. I have been using Collinite 845 for a while now, so I am hoping the Blackfire combo will give me a huge increase in the looks of wetness and gloss.

I have been reading on the Blackfire Gloss Enhanching Polish, and from what I gather its a non abrasive finishing polish and glaze in one package. I was wondering, does it have any cleaning abilities like Klasse AIO or even Dodo Lime Prime? The car could probably benefit from something to remove any contaminants and grime that can`t be seen, while filling light imperfections that aren`t worth doing a full machine correction on. I am hoping this product will work, but I`d like to know if I should go with it or something else.

Also, with the Gloss Enhacing Polish, I have read where it mentions using a damp microfiber applicator to apply it, and I have also seen where others have used just a plain dry foam applicator? Is it necessary to use a damp applicator, or is this to keep the product from drying as quickly? Does it work better in on scenario over the other?

How does the Gloss Enahcing Polish and Wet Diamond do when applied in 50 degree temperatures? Am I looking at hours for it to haze and cure, or is this optimal temperatures for it? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gloss Enhancing Polish and Wet Diamond Questions

Haven`t used it myself but I`m sure Todd will jump in.

In general, I don`t like applying dry applicator to dry paint. So prime the applicator lightly - much like priming a pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedlineIRL View Post
    I have been wanting to try the Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish and Blackfire Wet Diamond combination for a while now, and have a few questions. It seems you all on this forum are the most knowledgeable wehn it comes to the Blackfire lineup, so maybe you guys can help me out. I have been using Collinite 845 for a while now, so I am hoping the Blackfire combo will give me a huge increase in the looks of wetness and gloss.
    Looks are always in the eye of the beholder. That said, many people (myself included) would say that BF WD has a unique, 3 dimensional shine that most other products cannot match. I don`t think you can count any (LSP) product by itself to give you a huge increase, but rather find the look that you feel is most appealing to your eye.

I have been reading on the Blackfire Gloss Enhanching Polish, and from what I gather its a non abrasive finishing polish and glaze in one package. I was wondering, does it have any cleaning abilities like Klasse AIO or even Dodo Lime Prime?
    Yes. BLACKFIRE GEP is a paint cleanser & glaze combination (depending on the definitions used). It will deep clean the paint and will help remove below surface contaminates, as well as lightly polish the paint to a high shine. There is some glazing/filling ability as well. Ultimately it will increase the longevity of Wet Diamond (or any product containing Wet Diamond polymers) by promoting proper bonding.

The car could probably benefit from something to remove any contaminants and grime that can`t be seen, while filling light imperfections that aren`t worth doing a full machine correction on. I am hoping this product will work, but I`d like to know if I should go with it or something else.
    This is the perfect application for GEP.

Also, with the Gloss Enhacing Polish, I have read where it mentions using a damp microfiber applicator to apply it, and I have also seen where others have used just a plain dry foam applicator? Is it necessary to use a damp applicator, or is this to keep the product from drying as quickly? Does it work better in on scenario over the other?
    It will work great either ways. Just apply and work into the paint with passion, then remove after a few moments/minutes. If working by hand I will do a 2 x 2 section, then move to the next 2 x 2 section. After applying to section number 2, I will remove from section number one, then apply to section three and remove from section 2, and continue this leap frog until I am done.

How does the Gloss Enahcing Polish and Wet Diamond do when applied in 50 degree temperatures? Am I looking at hours for it to haze and cure, or is this optimal temperatures for it? Thanks
    GEP will be fine, perhaps use slightly less product. I have applied BFWD in temperatures cooler than the ones you describe, make sure to apply thinly and add about 15 minutes to the dry time.

U
    T

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve found the the gloss enhancing polish is more of a cleaner then a polish. It`ll leave your paint nice and smooth ready for WD. It can remove light tar, sap, water spots...but leaves no protection behind so you must follow up with wax or sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. Looks like this is the combo I`ll go with. I am excited to see how BFWD will look compared to the 845 that I am used to

Post Thanks / Like

This is an example of the shine you will get.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

I have been reading about paint cleaners and wantnto use one but wantnto stick with BF, so what has more cleaning abilties this or tpns?

Post Thanks / Like

BLACKFIRE GEP is a paint cleanser & glaze combination (depending on the definitions used). It will deep clean the paint and will help remove below surface contaminates, as well as lightly polish the paint to a high shine. There is some glazing/filling ability as well. Ultimately it will increase the longevity of Wet Diamond (or any product containing Wet Diamond polymers) by promoting proper bonding.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post
    I have been reading about paint cleaners and wantnto use one but wantnto stick with BF, so what has more cleaning abilties this or tpns?
    BF GEP has more cleaning ability. BF TPnS has light polishing and sealing incorporated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post
    BF TPNS has more `cutting` power, in that the abrasives in it will remove more swirl marks or paint imperfections.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    BF TPNS has more `cutting` power, in that the abrasives in it will remove more swirl marks or paint imperfections.
    Based upon my experience, it has a cut at least as much as Menzerna PO85RD.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Based upon my experience, it has a cut at least as much as Menzerna PO85RD.
    I would say it is more aggressive than PO85RD/SF4500 and around PO106FA/SF4000.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    I would say it is more aggressive than PO85RD/SF4500 and around PO106FA/SF4000.
    Thanks for this comparison..... Since I only do my own cars I`ve always wanted to try PO85rd but I`ve used TP&S so this gives me an idea of what to expect.

I am trying to stick with 1 line of products.....for the compatibility.... And so far I`m tickled to death with the Blackfire line!

Thread Information