Post Thanks / Like

compatibility question

Can I use Eiman Fabrique instant detailer over my Blackfire Wet Diamond between washings? Are these products compatible over the long run? Plan to apply Blackfire every 3-4 months here in CO but want to use an instant detailer in between. I happen to have the Eiman on hand.

On another note I used the Blackfire pre-wax polish and then applied one coat of Wet Diamond on a silver MB. Wow, it really popped. Plan to do a second coat today mainly to help protect the car on road trips and make tar, bugs easier to remove. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: compatibility question

Quote Originally Posted by mtndriver View Post
    Can I use Eiman Fabrique instant detailer over my Blackfire Wet Diamond between washings? Are these products compatible over the long run? Plan to apply Blackfire every 3-4 months here in CO but want to use an instant detailer in between. I happen to have the Eiman on hand.

On another note I used the Blackfire pre-wax polish and then applied one coat of Wet Diamond on a silver MB. Wow, it really popped. Plan to do a second coat today mainly to help protect the car on road trips and make tar, bugs easier to remove. Thanks.
    You will have no issues doing it this way. BLACKFIRE brand products place nice with just about any product out there. Eimman Fabrik is an excellent detailer as well.

Glad to here you like the look on your silver MB!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, it is a terrific shine and better than the old Menzerna FMJ although that was/is a good product as well. Hope the Blackfire will protect as well as the FMJ. Will also use the Blackfire method I described on a silver Jeep Grand Cherokee.

I still struggle with how to treat the Grand Cherokee leather dash but for now will just damp wipe it which seems to be Chrysler/Jeep recommendation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtndriver View Post
    Thanks, it is a terrific shine and better than the old Menzerna FMJ although that was/is a good product as well. Hope the Blackfire will protect as well as the FMJ. Will also use the Blackfire method I described on a silver Jeep Grand Cherokee.

I still struggle with how to treat the Grand Cherokee leather dash but for now will just damp wipe it which seems to be Chrysler/Jeep recommendation.
    Yes it will protect better than FMJ as well.

For the leather, you could use BLACKFIRE UV Leather Conditioner or BLACKFIRE Interior Protectant.

BLACKFIRE UV Leather Conditioner was originally designed for the motorcycle industry, to product saddle bags, tank straps, and seats from cracking, shrinking, and fading. It will work extremely well on your Jeep with out producing a high gloss sheen that will make driving difficult.

Post Thanks / Like

My concern on the Jeep leather dash is the top coating that is said to be present and often not found on leather straps, bags, seats, etc. There seems to be a bit of a controversy about how to treat coated leather and whether any product will actually penetrate or whether one should attempt to do so. People lump treating leather seats and the leather dash into the same category and I`m not convinced yet they are the same. Many of the comments I read are from folks who have their favorite leather treatment for seats but have never treated a Grand Cherokee leather dash. Thanks for the comments/recommendations - they help.

Thread Information