Post Thanks / Like

CS first or MSqd first?

Hi all last Thursday I sealed my car with BFWD, and it will be sitting in the parking garage for a couple of nights so before I leave the office I was going to clean it up a lil. The surface is not soiled its just dusty. First to remove dust should I use ONR, then do Crystal seal, and top it with midnight sun detailer.

Or skip ONR, and use the midnight sun detailer than the CS? I also have the polymer seal availble in my stash also... Goal is to get a nice layer of crystal seal cause I wont be washing the car for one month.

Also the car is black if that helps.....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CS first or MSqd first?

I use BFWW as a waterless and QD. On black I`d use a waterless wash to remove even dust to try and not induce any scratches. Then CS and after that cures do a MSID wipe if you like. I`ve gotten to using waterless washes (UWW+ and BFWW mainly) instead of QDs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wax2aMax View Post
    I use BFWW as a waterless and QD. On black I`d use a waterless wash to remove even dust to try and not induce any scratches. Then CS and after that cures do a MSID wipe if you like. I`ve gotten to using waterless washes (UWW+ and BFWW mainly) instead of QDs
    I don`t have the BFWW but I am sure ONR will do the same job right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post
    I don`t have the BFWW but I am sure ONR will do the same job right.
    ONR will do a great job of cleaning the paint. BFWW or BFRW are recommended because they use the same polymer base as the BLACKFIRE sealants/waxes, so you are achieving 100% compatibility with each step.

That said, ONR is still a phenominal product and will work perfectly.

You can apply CS or MSID first and top with whichever second. There will be no issues. However for the best results I would apply CS first and MSID second (because of the carnauba content in MSID).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    ONR will do a great job of cleaning the paint. BFWW or BFRW are recommended because they use the same polymer base as the BLACKFIRE sealants/waxes, so you are achieving 100% compatibility with each step.

That said, ONR is still a phenominal product and will work perfectly.

You can apply CS or MSID first and top with whichever second. There will be no issues. However for the best results I would apply CS first and MSID second (because of the carnauba content in MSID).
    Thanks Man, Yea on my next order I will be getting the Shampoo, Rinseless, and the Waterless also.... And a gallon of Polymer Spray...

Polymer spray =

Post Thanks / Like

To wash without water, Dr. G. recommends using his waterless wash (the polymers are slightly different than in ONR), but for QD purposes many use QD strength ONR.

As has been stated many times, it`s always best to stay within the same family of products....that`s why I mentioned using BFWW. But, it`s fun to experiment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wax2aMax View Post
    To wash without water, Dr. G. recommends using his waterless wash (the polymers are slightly different than in ONR), but for QD purposes many use QD strength ONR.

As has been stated many times, it`s always best to stay within the same family of products....that`s why I mentioned using BFWW. But, it`s fun to experiment.
    Wife is so going to kill me if she sees another blackfire bottle on the storage shelf......

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Man, Yea on my next order I will be getting the Shampoo, Rinseless, and the Waterless also.... And a gallon of Polymer Spray...

Polymer spray =

Post Thanks / Like

Get enough of the Rinseless wash, then you can mix your own QD. I know I love this stuff and bought a ton of the Waterless Wash (to use instead of the QD) and a ton of the PolySpray. The look is awesome and you`ll love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Wife is so going to kill me if she sees another blackfire bottle on the storage shelf......
    I might die from the same......So the order I placed over the weekend I am having delivered to my work...leaving the products in my trunk and slooowly work them on to my shelves....maybe she won`t notice

Thread Information