Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Topping TPNS with WDAFPP

Sorry for all the abbreviations but my question is short. Can you top TPNS with Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, will it adhear and is there any benefit to doing so? Also how long to wait before topping?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Topping TPNS with WDAFPP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    Thanks...I take it, that`s a yes to both questions?

Post Thanks / Like

Haven`t used that particular combo myself. Have done Frozen Inferno and Rapid Fire (plus WDAPP by itself). Happy with every combo so far. Think it would be a good one, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven`t used that particular combo myself. Have done Frozen Inferno and Rapid Fire (plus WDAPP by itself). Happy with every combo so far. Think it would be a good one, though.
    I want to try frozen inferno, are there cheaper carnuabas that give simliar results?

On my black car I did do Submerged Diamond. I applied the polish removed and applied the BFWDAFPP about 20 or so minutes later. Next morning I topped with the Crystal Seal.

you will be impressed OP.

Post Thanks / Like

Hate to grind this into the ground but where can I read about Todd and comments to "Submerged Diamond"? I did a section of the hood that way this evening in the garage but will have to wait to see how it looks in the daylight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlineman View Post
    Hate to grind this into the ground but where can I read about Todd and comments to "Submerged Diamond"? I did a section of the hood that way this evening in the garage but will have to wait to see how it looks in the daylight.
    Todd is the Director of BF Development and AF Forum god. Also http://belladetailing.com/.

Submerged Diamond- Take BLACKFIRE Wet Diamonds All Paint Protection to a deeper level. BLACKFIRE Total Polish & Seal deep cleans, polishes, and seals the paint. Fully charge this Wet Diamond Protection with the deep glow of Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection.

Apply BLACKFIRE Total Polish & Seal by hand or machine to clean, polish, prepare, and seal the paint with high gloss protection and follow with BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection according to the directions. Clean and polished paint looks its best, and covered under two layers of BLACKFIRE`s famous Wet Diamond Polymers the look is sure to create whiplash!

Post Thanks / Like

You have been a big help...thanks a lot!! The area of the hood where I did the TPNS was done with a LC green pad. I have been trying to find pad recommendations...know their somewhere...just can`t locate. I clayed the paint and it is in excellent shape and I have LC white, green, red, and one black one. The green pad seemed to work OK? what are your suggestions OR where can I kook this up? I have a LC chart that explains the different pads but on the good paint White by the way whst would bring out the best shine or would there be much difference between the greenm red or black?
    Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

The correct pad is whichever one leaves the finish you want and varies. Green is a common pad to use with an AIO and medium/soft paint. If you like the finish, it was the right pad. If you need more correction, pick a more aggressive pad. If it was hazy, use a less aggressive (finishing) pad.

For pads manufactured by Lake Country:

Yellow Cutting Foams - Use this pad to apply compounds or polishes to remove severe oxidation, swirls, and scratches. It is the most aggressive and should only be used on oxidized and older finishes. Always follow this pad with an orange or white pad and a fine polish to refine the paint until it is smooth.

Orange Light Cutting Foam - Firm, high density foam for scratch and defect removal. Use this pad with polishes and swirl removers. It’s an all around pad that will work on most light to moderate imperfections.

Coarse Green Cutting/Polishing Foam - This foam is of medium density with the ability to level very fine scratches and very light oxidation. Use light swirl removers with this pad.

White Polishing Foam - Less dense foam formula for the application of waxes, micro-fine polishes and sealants. This pad has very light cutting power so its perfect for pre-wax cleaners.

Green Polishing/Finishing Foam - Use this foam to apply one-step cleaner waxes. It is a balance of polishing and finishing that is perfect for all-in-one product application.

Gray Finishing Foam - Composition is firm enough to withstand added pressure during final finishing to remove buffer swirls. It has no cut and will apply thin, even coats of waxes, sealants, and glazes.

Blue Finessing Foam – This blue foam pad has soft composition for applying glaze, finishing polish, sealants, and liquid waxes. The soft pad has no cut, making it perfect for applying nonabrasive products evenly.

CCS Red Ultrasoft Wax/Sealant Foam - This soft, imported foam is ideal for applying the final coat of wax or sealant. The foam works especially well when applying liquid waxes or sealants because it is firm enough to keep the majority of the product on the paint, rather than soaking it up. The red foam has no cut or cleaning ability.

CCS Super Soft Gold Jewelling Foam Pad - The CCS Super Soft Gold Jewelling Pad is made of Lake Country`s softest foam. Use the gold pad to apply a very fine polish or glaze as the final step of the polishing process. Jewelling is the term coined for this step because it intensifies gloss and reflectivity, like a jewel. The gold foam pad also works well for wax and sealant application.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post
    I want to try frozen inferno, are there cheaper carnuabas that give simliar results?
    Wish I could answer definitively but can`t (surprisingly, I am not a `nuba collector - I have more polishers than waxes ). Midnight Sun is the best wax I`ve used and the only one I`ve tried on top of BF WDAPP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlineman View Post
    Sorry for all the abbreviations but my question is short. Can you top TPNS with Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, will it adhear and is there any benefit to doing so? Also how long to wait before topping?
    Thanks
    Yes there is a benefit to topping TPnS with WDAFPP (I love abbreviations also!!!).

TPnS is an all in one, it mixes the best benefits of WDAFPP (namely the polymers) with microfine polishing agents that microscopically burnish the paint to a deep shine while deep cleaning it.

WDAFPP is a dedicated, cleaner (polishing agent) free paint sealant.

It is important to note that these are two different products (while both use the BLACKFIRE technology to create an incredible shine)

If you take paint that is not perfect, contaminated, or has light surface imperfections, BF TPnS is the idea product because it will lightly polish the paint while imparting the Wet Diamond Polymers.

If you take paint that is show room ready and clean, then BF Wet Diamond AFPP is the idea choice because it is designed to work on these paints. It will last longer and may have a deeper, more 3 dimensional shine. 100% of the contents in the bottle are designed for this task.

By combining both you get the best of both worlds. TPnS cleans and polishes the paint as well as laying down the Wet Diamond Polymers. With a clean, polished, and prepped panel, BF Wet Diamond lays down perfectly on top and bonds completely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post

On my black car I did do Submerged Diamond. I applied the polish removed and applied the BFWDAFPP about 20 or so minutes later. Next morning I topped with the Crystal Seal.

you will be impressed OP.
    Carnauba waxes are always going to be a matter of opinion. You can certainty add any carnauba you want on top of Wet Diamond and achieve different results (provided the wax is free of cleaning agents or strong solvents).

The Midnight Sun Carnauba is always going to ensure that you achieve maximum results and proper bonding. The development of this wax, in making it work with Wet Diamond, originally presented some problems. Because the Wet Diamond polymers create such uniform coverage, it was very hard to make a regular wax "stick" to the sealant for any length of time. This is why Midnight Sun was infused with the Wet Diamond polymers, which not only gave it a very unique look, but also optimum durability.

You can, of course, play with any number of waxes on top of Wet Diamond and find the one that looks best for you.

Post Thanks / Like

I have followed TPNS with WDAFPP. Love it! Both look great by themselves, but look better together.
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used the TPNS with WDAFPP on all my vehicles. I`ve then added different BF combo`s to them and love them all. I`ve added the Midnight Sun Wax, CS to each in different orders and maintain with their waterless or rinseless wash and after every other wash, top with the poly spray! After I get home tonight I can post pics of the wifes VW I did a couple weekends ago with it. Looks better than it did new.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07gtcs View Post
    I`ve used the TPNS with WDAFPP on all my vehicles. I`ve then added different BF combo`s to them and love them all. I`ve added the Midnight Sun Wax, CS to each in different orders and maintain with their waterless or rinseless wash and after every other wash, top with the poly spray! After I get home tonight I can post pics of the wifes VW I did a couple weekends ago with it. Looks better than it did new.
    I am really looking forward to these pictures!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information