Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Todd: CS in the rain

Todd - raining up there? - bad down here in Ft Laud....I just put another coat of CS on the Z4 and as usual it looks spectacular curing in the dry garage...how many hours do you want it in the garage before I can wheel it out in the rain?
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Todd: CS in the rain

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    Todd - raining up there? - bad down here in Ft Laud....I just put another coat of CS on the Z4 and as usual it looks spectacular curing in the dry garage...how many hours do you want it in the garage before I can wheel it out in the rain?
    30 minutes to 1 hour should be fine. 2 hours would be more than enough. We are dry today!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Windy here in the Bay Area.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    30 minutes to 1 hour should be fine. 2 hours would be more than enough. We are dry today!
    That is awesome.

I know you have said the CS has its "looks" with only one coat. Is there a benefit to 2-3 coats as far as looks and durability go? I just did 3 coat of UPGP on my car and am loving it.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    That is awesome.

I know you have said the CS has its "looks" with only one coat. Is there a benefit to 2-3 coats as far as looks and durability go? I just did 3 coat of UPGP on my car and am loving it.
    Todd and I differ over this I guess...multiples of CS also give you that candy look that UPGP gives....I do a coat on the Z4 every 2 months or so...it gets deep...this is now 3 coats over 90 days or so..

Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

No differing, I am only reporting some of the feedback I have received.

The beauty of the Wet Diamond polymers is that there is a combination of different sized polymers which ensures a very complete coverage on the first coat.

Think of a bowl of Spaghetti-O`s. They come in different sizes and if you lay them on a table you will get a lot of space (uncovered space) in the center of the individual rings. This is (abstractly) similar to a sealant. However every once in a while you find that the O`s have been filled with smaller O`s, which have been filled with smaller O`s, all but eliminating the voids.

A lot of careful engineering went into BLACKFIRE`s Wet Diamond Polymers to fill the O`s, if that makes any sense (again we are being very abstract). This isn`t to say that there is no benefit from multiple coats of any BLACKFIRE product, there is. Only you should reach much higher level per coat, with less room for improvement.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    No differing, I am only reporting some of the feedback I have received.

The beauty of the Wet Diamond polymers is that there is a combination of different sized polymers which ensures a very complete coverage on the first coat.

Think of a bowl of Spaghetti-O`s. They come in different sizes and if you lay them on a table you will get a lot of space (uncovered space) in the center of the individual rings. This is (abstractly) similar to a sealant. However every once in a while you find that the O`s have been filled with smaller O`s, which have been filled with smaller O`s, all but eliminating the voids.

A lot of careful engineering went into BLACKFIRE`s Wet Diamond Polymers to fill the O`s, if that makes any sense (again we are being very abstract). This isn`t to say that there is no benefit from multiple coats of any BLACKFIRE product, there is. Only you should reach much higher level per coat, with less room for improvement.
    don`t know about the tech side, but multiple coats (at least 2) grow the "candy" effect on my Z4...and the brand new Civic I did...it was very apparent, esp on radius surfaces....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Thread Information