Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review in Pictures: Polish and Seal your Paint in two hours with the BLACKFIRE "Rapid Fire" combination

2 hours is lightning fast. nicely done

curious if the hazing on the rear window was on the interior or exterior (or both)

I actually did a F430 over the weekend just like that but did not touch that area (I do clear plastic on boats & headlights on cars - but this was a ferrari so I backed off - wasn`t part of what we agreed to anyway)

I kept it real for autopiaforums. hand applied a coat of BF Midnight Sun
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bryan
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com
    Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review in Pictures: Polish and Seal your Paint in two hours with the BLACKFIRE "Rapid Fire" combination

Looks Great...sounds super easy!!
    Do you get the same results using BFTPS with LC Hydro Crimson pads??
    I might just have to buy the full BF line-up!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gurge View Post
    2 hours is lightning fast. nicely done

curious if the hazing on the rear window was on the interior or exterior (or both)

I actually did a F430 over the weekend just like that but did not touch that area (I do clear plastic on boats & headlights on cars - but this was a ferrari so I backed off - wasn`t part of what we agreed to anyway)

I kept it real for autopiaforums. hand applied a coat of BF Midnight Sun
    The majority of the haze, IME, is in on the interior, although both sides are affected. The Ferrari looks GREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Sundaze View Post
    Looks Great...sounds super easy!!
    Do you get the same results using BFTPS with LC Hydro Crimson pads??
    I might just have to buy the full BF line-up!!

Yes, you will get the same high-gloss finish. Keep in mind, though, that BFTPnS is mild, there where still quite a few swirl marks in the finish on this Ferrari`s hard paint, even after TPnS. Had this been a correction I would have used a dedicated polish (likely BLACKFIRE SRC Compound) first.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Umm.... You are really making want to try this combo.

BF TPnS + BFWD + BFWD + CS + CS
    I will be doing this on Thursday BF TPnS + BFWD + BFWD But I will only apply one coat of CS on Friday morning.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Todd Helme;432207]The majority of the haze, IME, is in on the interior, although both sides are affected. The Ferrari looks GREAT!

Thanks for the info. good to know.
    Bryan
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com
    Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

i`ve used the tp&s on a neighbors car and was amazed at how it came out topped with wet diamond. gonna have to get me some crystal seal and try that out this summer. you make that combo look amazing todd.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post

The Ferrari had (and still has) a fair amount of swirl marks. I will be posting a full correction on this car in the future.

Todd,

OK, remember I`m still trying to wrap my head around these products, DA`s and pad color choices. You used a white pad. Light cutting. If you had used an orange pad with more cutting ability would that have eliminated more of the swirl marks that were left behind after using the white pad?

thanks, jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SP4449 View Post
    Todd,

OK, remember I`m still trying to wrap my head around these products, DA`s and pad color choices. You used a white pad. Light cutting. If you had used an orange pad with more cutting ability would that have eliminated more of the swirl marks that were left behind after using the white pad?

thanks, jim
    Yes the orange pad would have increased the cutting action of the polish. Modern Ferrari`s have fairly hard paint so it is unlikely that TPnS would have eliminated all of the swirls but it would have removed more of the lighter ones.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a clown do some body work on a gray sonata. He used spray cans of paint and the door and quarter panel dont have the original shine.Will this product work for me?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harv38 View Post
    I had a clown do some body work on a gray sonata. He used spray cans of paint and the door and quarter panel dont have the original shine.Will this product work for me?
    Harv you may want to start a separate thread to get more detailed answers (to draw attention to your post). I have an eye appointment to go to now, but I will come back with a more detailed answer tonight.

And welcome to AutopiaForums!

Post Thanks / Like

just did the wifes car recently but wanna try this combo soon... will i have to strip the bfwd off before starting in with the bftpns.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc1 View Post
    just did the wifes car recently but wanna try this combo soon... will i have to strip the bfwd off before starting in with the bftpns.

I`m new to the world of "detailing" and I`m trying to absorb everything I read. I`m even making written notes for future reference. Here is my question (just trying to learn), if BF TPnS has cleaners in its formula would it not remove the BF WD while sealing in the polymers that primes the paint for another application of WD or CS?

The reason for me asking is I have a new car. Dealer sent it out to be polished and waxed. I want to apply BF so I was thinking of washing and then using either BF GEP or TPnS to clean and then 2 coats of WD sealant.

Confused, Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice review Todd. I`m definitely considering adding CS to my arsenal.

Have you tried or would you recommend CS over BFMS as a weekly maintenance product instead of BF Polymer spray?
    VW: 1990 Golf II CSX, BMW: 1999 323i, 2000 325i, 2001 525i, 2004 120i, 2005 530i, 2007 550i, 2009 X6 xDrive 35i Porsche: 2011 Panamera, 2012 Panamera 4S

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EMC2 View Post
    Very nice review Todd. I`m definitely considering adding CS to my arsenal.

Have you tried or would you recommend CS over BFMS as a weekly maintenance product instead of BF Polymer spray?
    I believe that using CS weekly would be overkill (nothing wrong with that of course!)

CS will last 3-4 months on its own (in most real world testing). There is nothing wrong with using it every week but the benefit would be extremely marginal.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review todd, this makes me want to give it a shot!
    Get your shine on!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information