Thread: By Hand

Post Thanks / Like

By Hand

I posted this at Auto Geek, but figuured it might fit in better here:

I was going to try Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish before applying Wet Diamond, but I`m working by hand and was wondering if it would be worth the effort. What I notice any difference . The car has about 6000 miles and the black paint looks to be in good condition.
    Thanks

I also added, if some correction was needed can it be done by hand a what would be a good product.
    Rick

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: By Hand

Yes, you may use BFGHP by hand as long you don`t need compounding to remove heavy duty swirls. It will be worth it to use as a very light polishing step to just clean up and get ready to apply BFWD or any other LSP you want.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely worth it by hand. When i started i worked by hand with menzerna fp2 and fmj. The results were amazing. My car was a few years old and slightly faded hood. I was able to correct it and provide great protection.
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Definitive Detailing View Post
    I posted this at Auto Geek, but figuured it might fit in better here:

I was going to try Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish before applying Wet Diamond, but I`m working by hand and was wondering if it would be worth the effort. What I notice any difference . The car has about 6000 miles and the black paint looks to be in good condition.
    Thanks

I also added, if some correction was needed can it be done by hand a what would be a good product.
    It`s hard to know how much difference you will see by hand because of variables such as how soft the paint is, the condition of the paint, and you technique.

If it is soft paint will very very very fine `towel` marks, then you will notice a huge difference, for example.

Tips.

Work a small section at a time, maybe 1.5 feet by 1.5 feet and work the GEP into paint using some passion. I would recommend picking up this applicator pack: CCS Euro Foam Hand Applicators Trio - You Pick!

Not only are they a great value, but they are comfortable to hold. I would start with the orange pad, it is going to give you a good amount of bite and help distribute the pressure of your hand over the working area.

I would plan on several hours and a sore arm to do it right.

The best news, though, is not only will it increase the gloss (again the amount will depend on numerous factors) but it will `prime` the paint for the sealant.

Best of luck.

Todd

Post Thanks / Like

same boat. new jeep. paint was great shape. i wanted to streamline it to one operation. i went with BF polish & seal. by hand. amazing results. in one application i polished and sealed. now i just maintain it with BF wet diamond polymer spray.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

I used these both by hand on my Truck, and the paint looks A-mazing! Though it didn`t take the swirls out, but boy can I tell the difference. It even looks clean when its dirty. I eventually topped it with Crysal Seal and now after everyother wash use the Poly Spray. One of these weekends, I will strip it all off and do it over again with my PC 7424.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    same boat. new jeep. paint was great shape. i wanted to streamline it to one operation. i went with BF polish & seal. by hand. amazing results. in one application i polished and sealed. now i just maintain it with BF wet diamond polymer spray.
    Quote Originally Posted by 07gtcs View Post
    I used these both by hand on my Truck, and the paint looks A-mazing! Though it didn`t take the swirls out, but boy can I tell the difference. It even looks clean when its dirty. I eventually topped it with Crysal Seal and now after everyother wash use the Poly Spray. One of these weekends, I will strip it all off and do it over again with my PC 7424.

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, didn`t know they made that euro applicator pack! Click Add to Cart!!

Thread Information