Post Thanks / Like

Question Carnauba toppers (other than MS) for BFWD?

I know Midnight Sun is the preferred carnauba to top BFWD sealant (the slickness of BFWD can make carnauba bonding difficult).

But, I was wondering if anyone has used Fuzion, Souveran, or other waxes without bad side effects?....like the wax sliding off the car...lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carnauba toppers (other than MS) for BFWD?

Quote Originally Posted by Wax2aMax View Post
    I know Midnight Sun is the preferred carnauba to top BFWD sealant (the slickness of BFWD can make carnauba bonding difficult).

But, I was wondering if anyone has used Fuzion, Souveran, or other waxes without bad side effects?....like the wax sliding off the car...lol.

I was topping my car with Fuzion once and had the tub on the roof resting on a MF towel and the tub slid off and broke. So ya, I have had Fuzion slide off the car. Not sure that`s what you meant, though.

My current trend is to leave Wet Diamond un-topped. I like the look all by itself.
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want to use any other wax, it`s not problem just give the BFWD time to cure before topping it with a wax.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Souverän to top it before and it did not look to bad. The metal flake pop was not as intense, but it did look nice.

The best one I have seen on top of WD besides of midnight Sun is Swissvax Mystery. It landed just as good as a finish as MS did, with the intense flake pop. The only difference is that it lasted on the paint much longer. However.. it is much pricer. Kinda speaks great things about MS does it not?

I have a new tub of Auto Finesse Desire that just arrived, and I have been itching to try this on top of WD. Soon it shall happen.

TBH though, the combo of Wet Diamond and Midnight sun is so fantastic, I always go back to this one two punch of awesome.
    Thomas Kehlenbeck
    Aggressive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Daily driver for protection use fuzion. For ultimate show car shine pinnacle souveran paste.

Post Thanks / Like

I currently have Pinnacle Sig series II over bfwd, and it looks pretty good to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I have topped it with Rainforest Rub on metallic beige, and a friend of mine just topped BFWD with CG 50/50 on his egg white car. Both combos looked amazing.
    Shane

2016 Honda Civic EX-T in Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering if the BFWD slickness would hinder carnauba bonding. Sounds like several topping options look good.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried topping BFWD twice, and I`m still new at this, but I have a real tough time telling the difference. I did a 50/50 on the trunk lid.

On silver -- BFWD / BFWD+MS - couldn`t differentiate
    On black metallic - BFWD / DodoJuice Light Fantastic - couldn`t differentiate

The second combo I tried in the hopes that I would really notice a difference, since many have said that Dodo makes the metallic flakes pop, but if I`m honest with myself I don`t see it!

Not sure if this is because BFWD is so good, or if my eye just isn`t trained yet, or a combination of both.

[obscure movie reference] I feel like the kid from MallRats who can`t see the schooner.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering if the BFWD slickness would hinder carnauba bonding. Sounds like several topping options look good.
    When Wet Diamond was first released this was a problem. It`s not that wax won`t adhere to Wet Diamond, it just doesn`t adhere completely. A lot of times the waxes life was shortened considerably. (Mainly noticed by subtle changes in water beading).

It was one of the reason for infusing Midnight Sun (starting with batch 24) with Wet Diamond polymers.

Thread Information