Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Using the BLACKFIRE Metal Polishing System

Quote Originally Posted by art72 View Post
    That is a phenomenal difference! - Gonna have to add BF Metal System to my (Ever-expanding) wish list.

Definitely Dig the Chevy Pick Up Too!!!

God I`m hoping to scratch the cash to get down to AG`s Detail Fest this weekend... I`m sure there will be some amazing rides, people, and educational benefits. I keep seeing all these awesome products, but have yet to congregate with any one who shares this addiction... outside the forums of course!
    I`ll be heading down EARLY tomorrow morning. Make sure to swing by the BLACKFIRE booth and say hello!

Post Thanks / Like

I`m a believer in using old threads to ask related questions to help future users search. Technique on the diamond plate. How did you manage to get the valleys around the raised nubs polished out. I tried to polish out some diamond plate truck box a while back. It is a work truck so I didn`t put a bunch of time in it. Can you please go through the mechanics of the remarkable job you did. Angles in relation to the pattern, amt of time for a 2x2 square, number of applications of each step. Is it just as possible that with a truck of that calibur the plate is smoother allowing the rotary pad to easily get into the valleys. Since it is roughly time for detail fest again I`d like to express my disappointment at my timing. I`m going to be vacationing in se Florida and would like to go. Unfortunately I`ll be there a week late. I`m sure it`s an incredible time.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you please go through the mechanics of the remarkable job you did. Angles in relation to the pattern, amt of time for a 2x2 square, number of applications of each step. Is it just as possible that with a truck of that calibur the plate is smoother allowing the rotary pad to easily get into the valleys.

Use a wool pad, if you can, for cutting. Wool will flow into the peaks and valleys around the diamond plate. As far as polishing the metal, it just takes time to "edge" the pad around the ridges.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information