Post Thanks / Like

Need infor on steps with BF products

I have been slack on detailing as I owned a silver Jeep wrangler set up for off road for the last 4 years and to be honest I really didn`t mind it being a bit dirty. Prior to that I was a member here for many years and really enjoyed detailing my cars.

With that said I just picked up a 2012 mini cooper countryman in red and black and would like to get back into detailing to keep it looking good. I am looking for some direction with some of the new products on the market.

Here are the steps I have in mind

Wash with BF WD shampoo
    Clay
    Wash again
    Buff with PC 3m perfect it II for dark cars ( I have it and it has always worked well) to get a few small swirl marks off from the dealer
    I have BF WDAFPP and BF CSPS and I am unsure what to use next. I have heard use CS under the AFPP and the other way around so I am a bit confused.

So I am looking for suggestions on what steps I should take
    Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need infor on steps with BF products

You don`t have to use crystal seal under afpp or visa versa, both work well independantly. I am curious to know which information lead you to believe you had to use both.
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing said I had to, but I have seen mention of using both. I have both of them and was wondering if I should and if so what order.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

and I would start with dawn for the wash - BF won`t strip the car and you want to do that...
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by machz View Post
    I have been slack on detailing as I owned a silver Jeep wrangler set up for off road for the last 4 years and to be honest I really didn`t mind it being a bit dirty. Prior to that I was a member here for many years and really enjoyed detailing my cars.

With that said I just picked up a 2012 mini cooper countryman in red and black and would like to get back into detailing to keep it looking good. I am looking for some direction with some of the new products on the market.
    Congrats on the new ride! Mini Coopers are very fun cars to drive that offer a lot of `smiles` per mile.

Here are the steps I have in mind

Wash with BF WD shampoo
    Clay
    Wash again
    Buff with PC 3m perfect it II for dark cars ( I have it and it has always worked well) to get a few small swirl marks off from the dealer
    I have BF WDAFPP and BF CSPS and I am unsure what to use next. I have heard use CS under the AFPP and the other way around so I am a bit confused.

So I am looking for suggestions on what steps I should take
    Thank you
    The great thing about BLACKFIRE`s sealants is that their is no right or wrong way to apply them. Total Polisn N Seal is a polish, so using that will remove most (likely all) of the previously applied products, so you would always want to use this first.

My experience with 3M Perfect It II is that it has some filler in it. For this reason I would apply Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection as the first step. You can maintain with Crystal Seal (or use Crystal Seal to top Wet Diamond) give the options.

Crystal Seal will lay down and bond over just about anything, but it features a different chemical make up that could displace some of the fillers in the 3M polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all of the information...

I do have a few small swirl marks that I would like to correct before I top.I`m guessing AFPP won`t fix them so I don`t know if I would be better just using AFPP. What do you think I should use for small swirls? I would like to do this on Sat as the weather is supposed to be near 70 here in NH. I was looking at BF gloss enhancing polish but do you think I would be better off with polish n seal?

Either way I don`t think I can get it here by this weekend so I will need to figure out what I can do.

One go with 3m,AFPP
    Two go with AFPP and skip correction for now
    Three I think I can get Megs 205 locally and top with AFPP

What do you think would be my best option?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by machz View Post
    Thanks for all of the information...

I do have a few small swirl marks that I would like to correct before I top.I`m guessing AFPP won`t fix them so I don`t know if I would be better just using AFPP. What do you think I should use for small swirls? I would like to do this on Sat as the weather is supposed to be near 70 here in NH. I was looking at BF gloss enhancing polish but do you think I would be better off with polish n seal?

Either way I don`t think I can get it here by this weekend so I will need to figure out what I can do.

One go with 3m,AFPP
    Two go with AFPP and skip correction for now
    Three I think I can get Megs 205 locally and top with AFPP

What do you think would be my best option?
    I think your BEST option would be BLACKFIRE SRC Finishing Polish OR Menzerna PowerFinish.

However, if you cannot get access to these before the weekend I would likely go with your first option. This way you are not buying a new product (M205) and it will work fine. The next time you want to do a correction you can purchase a different polish if your not happy with the results.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good thanks again!

Thread Information