Post Thanks / Like

BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse Tire & Wheel Cleaner

BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse Tire & Wheel Cleaner

BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse Tire & Wheel Cleaner is a new breed of ultra safe wheel cleaners. It is pH neutral and contains no acids, alkalies, butyls, ethers, or petroleum distillates. It uses advanced non-ionic surfactants that attack brake dust and release dirt and build up from rubber. This wheel cleaner is safe for all wheel finishes.

Safe for:

• Polished Aluminum
    • Chrome
    • Painted
    • Clear Coated
    • Powder Coated
    • Anodized
    • Tire Rubber and White Walls/Letters

Note: It is recommended to wash your wheels and tires completely before washing the rest of your car.

Below are some pictures of the starting condition of the wheel.

Getting Started

Having the essential tools necessary to clean the intricate parts of a wheel makes your job much easier, BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse Tire & Wheel Cleaner is an extremely effective wheel cleaner that is very capable of removing stubborn brake dust from tires & wheels, particularly when used with the proper assortment of tools. I personally like to set my tools in a bucket of water and rinse them as I use them. This keeps the tools clean by rinsing them frequently as well as adds water to constantly flush away the brake dust.

Use BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse Tire & Wheel Cleaner one tire at a time. Start by rinsing the wheel and tire with a steady stream of water to remove any loose soiling.

Spray a liberal amount of BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse Tire & Wheel Cleaner over the face of the wheel and tire.

Spray BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse Tire & Wheel Clean into the barrels the wheel or anywhere that soiling is.

Allow to dwell for 30 seconds for the non-ionic surfactants to begin to penetrate and loosen the grime before agitation Use a stiff brush or microfiber towel to agitate the tires first.

Make sure to clean the area of the tire where it meets the wheel. The Short Handle Tire Brush fits perfectly in the recess for easy cleaning.

Next clean any detailed areas with a small, soft brush such as the 1 Inch Round Detail Brush.

BLACKFIRE Tire & Wheel Cleaner will suds slightly upon agitation with water so that you know it is working.

Finish agitating detailed areas such as emblems, center caps, or markings.

Next clean the hard-to-reach areas of the wheel, such as behind the spokes and the barrels with a soft bristle or lambs wool brush.

Not only does the Daytona Speedmaster Wheel Brush feature soft bristles and a reinforced steam, but it fits in between and around the brake caliper (on most wheel/brake combinations) for easy cleaning.

Finally agitate the face of the wheels and spokes with a soft, scratch-free brush like a Montana Boar`s Hair Wheel Brush. Work into a light lather.

Next rinse the wheel and tire thoroughly a forceful stream of water. Make sure to rinse behind the spokes and in the barrel of the wheel.

Finally dry your wheel with a microfiber cloth.

Repeat until all wheels & tires are clean and detailed.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse Tire & Wheel Cleaner

Thanks Todd for the photos of this great product in action.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

I have used this once so far and took pictures to do a write up.. but it did not work out so well. (as in me not sitting down and writing it up )

As a quick note however, I matched it up against P21S / Wolf`s de-ironizer/ and SONAX Full effect. I can honestly say it kept up with all these when agitated and was only beat out by the Wolf`s for non agitated cleaning. (This due of course to Wolf`s having a extra trick up its sleeve as it removes iron deposits)

for tire cleaning I matched it up against P21S TAW and Megs APC + and it actually outdid both of them for non agitated tire brown removal. With agitation it just did an outstanding job!

Overall I really like this product and its amazing as its really the first product I have used to do both tire cleaning and wheel cleaning really well.

Definitely check it out!
    Thomas Kehlenbeck
    Aggressive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Todd, I only planned to buy the Polymer Spray and Crystal Seal but I suppose I`ll buy this too. I really don`t want to look for an APC or Interior Cleaner review.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reality33 View Post
    I have used this once so far and took pictures to do a write up.. but it did not work out so well. (as in me not sitting down and writing it up )

As a quick note however, I matched it up against P21S / Wolf`s de-ironizer/ and SONAX Full effect. I can honestly say it kept up with all these when agitated and was only beat out by the Wolf`s for non agitated cleaning. (This due of course to Wolf`s having a extra trick up its sleeve as it removes iron deposits)

for tire cleaning I matched it up against P21S TAW and Megs APC + and it actually outdid both of them for non agitated tire brown removal. With agitation it just did an outstanding job!

Overall I really like this product and its amazing as its really the first product I have used to do both tire cleaning and wheel cleaning really well.

Definitely check it out!
    When I first read your response I was I thought you meant the product didn`t work out too well, then I read and figured out you meant the pictures didn`t work out.

BLACKFIRE Tire & Wheel Cleaner, much like BLACKFIRE Interior Cleaner is designed to safely clean aggressively if that makes sense. It is such a gentle but SUPER effective product that should not harm any wheel finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    When I first read your response I was I thought you meant the product didn`t work out too well, then I read and figured out you meant the pictures didn`t work out.

BLACKFIRE Tire & Wheel Cleaner, much like BLACKFIRE Interior Cleaner is designed to safely clean aggressively if that makes sense. It is such a gentle but SUPER effective product that should not harm any wheel finish.
    hehe the pics did work out.. I just did not work .. at all.. as in I never sat down and did a proper review

The product is fantastic however. Really like it!
    Thomas Kehlenbeck
    Aggressive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reality33 View Post
    hehe the pics did work out.. I just did not work .. at all.. as in I never sat down and did a proper review

The product is fantastic however. Really like it!

The cleaning power, while remaining gentle to the wheel`s finish, is impressive.

Post Thanks / Like

Todd, I noticed that you have Continental Extreme Contact DW tires. I just put a set of those on my G8. I like the performance of the tires, but there is a brown film that keeps reappearing, probably due to antiozonants working their way to the surface. It makes the tires look muddy. Your tires don`t appear to have that issue.

I have read that this is a common issue with the DW tires. Unfortunately, I did not find that out until after I bought the tires. Performance-wise they are excellent tires but they constantly look like they have mud on them! I used the Tough Shine tire cleaner and at first they looked clean, so I applied the Tough Shine Tire Clearcoat, but the brown film reappeared the next day, so I just wasted a considerable amount of very expensive tire coating.

Is this going to be a constant issue with these tires, or will a more thorough cleaning with something like Total Eclipse solve my problem? Right now I am not at all impressed with the Tough Shine Cleaner.

I used the Tough Shine products with considerable success on my winter tires, which are also Contis, but it`s a different story with the DW tires!

Is it even normal for a tire to release so much antiozonant so quickly? Do I possibly have a tire problem? I got them from Discount Tire and have had them for a little over a month.

GTO_04
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392 Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue/blue interior

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_04 View Post
    Todd, I noticed that you have Continental Extreme Contact DW tires. I just put a set of those on my G8. I like the performance of the tires, but there is a brown film that keeps reappearing, probably due to antiozonants working their way to the surface. It makes the tires look muddy. Your tires don`t appear to have that issue.

I have read that this is a common issue with the DW tires. Unfortunately, I did not find that out until after I bought the tires. Performance-wise they are excellent tires but they constantly look like they have mud on them! I used the Tough Shine tire cleaner and at first they looked clean, so I applied the Tough Shine Tire Clearcoat, but the brown film reappeared the next day, so I just wasted a considerable amount of very expensive tire coating.

Is this going to be a constant issue with these tires, or will a more thorough cleaning with something like Total Eclipse solve my problem? Right now I am not at all impressed with the Tough Shine Cleaner.

I used the Tough Shine products with considerable success on my winter tires, which are also Contis, but it`s a different story with the DW tires!

Is it even normal for a tire to release so much antiozonant so quickly? Do I possibly have a tire problem? I got them from Discount Tire and have had them for a little over a month.

GTO_04
    I am honestly not sure about any of the questions. I regularly use BLACKFIRE Tire & Wheel Cleaner and top with BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse Tire Shine Spray and I don`t have any browning.

I have used Tuff Shine before and thought it was good stuff, so I would assume the problem is with your tire.

I am very impressed with the performance however. I used to be able to spin the tires through second gear before, but last time I tried that I almost burnt my clutch because they hook so well.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Todd. Maybe after a more thorough cleaning with something like this the problem may be fixed.

Otherwise, I like the tires, MUCH better than the Goodyears that were on previously!

GTO_04
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392 Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue/blue interior

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_04 View Post
    Thanks Todd. Maybe after a more thorough cleaning with something like this the problem may be fixed.

Otherwise, I like the tires, MUCH better than the Goodyears that were on previously!

GTO_04
    No problem, best of luck with them!

Thread Information