Thread: BF Tire Gel

Post Thanks / Like

BF Tire Gel

I just bought a sample of this stuff because I wanted to see if it would revive the running boards and the roll top cover on my pick up. It arrived yesterday, cold day in Iowa, so I sampled in when I got home on a small section of the running board. WOW.....made it look new again! Checked it again this morning and still a very distict line where I applied it and where it has not been. Its also does not feel like it will be to slippery when stepping on the running board to get into my truck.

If this weekend cooperates, I will finish the process on the running boards and on the cover and post before and after pics, so stay tuned.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BF Tire Gel

Quote Originally Posted by 07gtcs View Post
    I just bought a sample of this stuff because I wanted to see if it would revive the running boards and the roll top cover on my pick up. It arrived yesterday, cold day in Iowa, so I sampled in when I got home on a small section of the running board. WOW.....made it look new again! Checked it again this morning and still a very distict line where I applied it and where it has not been. Its also does not feel like it will be to slippery when stepping on the running board to get into my truck.

If this weekend cooperates, I will finish the process on the running boards and on the cover and post before and after pics, so stay tuned.
    Excellent, I am looking forward to the pics! The new BLACKFIRE Gel and Spray, to me, are unsung heros of the revamped BLACKFIRE line-up. The look is exactly what I like in a tire dressing, dark, black, but not overly gloss. It also has very good durability (particularly for a petroleum free dressing) and is very sling resistant.

Post Thanks / Like

This is nice to here.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Excellent, I am looking forward to the pics! The new BLACKFIRE Gel and Spray, to me, are unsung heros of the revamped BLACKFIRE line-up. The look is exactly what I like in a tire dressing, dark, black, but not overly gloss. It also has very good durability (particularly for a petroleum free dressing) and is very sling resistant.
    Todd, what kind of durability are you looking at on trim?

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like it`s always cold here in Iowa. What part of the state are you in? Cedar Falls here. GO HAWKS!

Post Thanks / Like
    I used it on Saturday for the first time. I`m working on a review but I`m waiting so I can have something to say about durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    This is nice to here.

Todd, what kind of durability are you looking at on trim?
    Put me on the spot please!

Environment and conditions make this such a difficult question to answer. I am looking forward to other reviews, but I can I get away with saying that the durability is extremely good compared to other dressings?!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Timbrr View Post
    Seems like it`s always cold here in Iowa. What part of the state are you in? Cedar Falls here. GO HAWKS!
    Des Moines here. But we can`t really complain about the weather to much this winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Before After and 50/50 Pics of the Black Fire Tire Gel used on my Black Running Boards on my Truck. WOW! They look brand new, almost. I can still see the the marks from my using them, but other than that, I love this stuff. Now to see how long that stay this way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

I like the old BF tire gel better. Hence why I have a few gallons of it now!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I used it on Saturday for the first time. I`m working on a review but I`m waiting so I can have something to say about durability.
    I applied it to the tires on my HHR, drove from Hurricane, WV to Biloxi, MS and my tires were still glossy. Hit a couple light showers and it knocked the gloss down a little but didn`t remove the dressing. Pretty impressive considering how long the drive was and with the heat generated, still no sling.

Post Thanks / Like

Update: Been almost a week, been washed and through the rain last night. Nice beading of the water from the rain, no slick to stand on when wet and still looking like new.

Post Thanks / Like

Update: Been almost a week, been washed and through the rain last night. Nice beading of the water from the rain, no slick to stand on when wet and still looking like new.
    Thank you for updating!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    I applied it to the tires on my HHR, drove from Hurricane, WV to Biloxi, MS and my tires were still glossy. Hit a couple light showers and it knocked the gloss down a little but didn`t remove the dressing. Pretty impressive considering how long the drive was and with the heat generated, still no sling.
    The durability is really really good for being a petroleum free dressing. I really haven`t decided what I like best, the smell, the look, the small amount needed, or the smell. Thanks for the quick update as well!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update.

Thread Information