Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

BF Polymer Spray: My inital thoughts

Just wanted to express my thoughts with my first time using this product.

Product claims it can be used over ANY wax or sealant and I like that factoid!

Washed my metallic black truck today and decided to try it out. Last LSP was 2 coats of Vic`s Chaos(A line AutopiaCC should carry) applied about a month ago. Winter is here and after each wash I like to use a booster of some sort to help against salt and general crappy weather.

-Application is just as easy as any other spray wax. Spray on, spread and I wipe with a seperate MF(Chinchilla to be exact). Very easy and zero streaks.

-Slickness did increase over the Vics Chaos rather noticeably as I was impressed. Seemed to improve for about an hour. I imagine this was due to the polymers curing.

- Final look. I felt that it added an noticeable glass like gloss and made the paintwork more reflective. I also did notice that it took away from some of the depth of the LSP which isn`t a bad thing but something I noticed. I imagine that is the trade off from adding such an impressive glass like gloss. I liked the way my truck looked when completed tho as it made the flakes stand out a bit more.

I really think this will be a great booster for LSP`s that are dying off and need a refreshing and a improvement to the final apperance! Not sure I would want to top a fresh applied Nuba that has the deep look to it but this is only my first time using this product and further time will tell. So far another good reinvention from the BF line.

I will continue to try using this product out with different combos and look forward to using it as part of the BF "system"

Thanks for reading, Jim.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BF Polymer Spray: My inital thoughts

when I use the spray by itself over other products, it`s good - about the same as my other sprays...it`s when I use it in conjunction with the other BF products that it pops....layering the same polymers, I suppose...
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent write-up! It smells good, too. A little goes a really long way, too.

Post Thanks / Like

love it. i have one coat of BF polish & seal on. i am using the WDPS to maintain the finish. very easy to work with and really amps up the shine. a bit $ at $20, but well worth it!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! Tanks for the write up.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your initial thoughts Jim. Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer Spray really does add a noticeable amount of gloss and slickness, not to mention durable polymer protection.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice review!

Stig- I almost wrecked the Speed3 this morning when pulling in because of the whiplash of the red Honda. My neck is still sore.

Post Thanks / Like

Jim, thanks for the report.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Since I know Todd reads here and is open to some constructive criticism I`ll tell you how I see me using the poly spray. I will use it for layering/removing/applying my other BF products. But if I`m just doing a general after wash on other cars, I`m not wasting the stuff, it`s too expensive to throw around. For that I`ll use aquawax which works good. The wolfgang stuff is also great on BOGO.

Poly is saved for taking off the TPnS after haze or the cars that are total BF layers, as it does truly light them up more than other sprays....Maybe there`s another product possible here - something will less polymers in it but still the BF formulation that could sell for $12 and call it "everyday" poly spray? Not a QD....

no wait .....better idea - have it on eternal BOGO!!!
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll add my two cents worth after mine arrives and I get the chance to use it over the whiplash I created this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

No pics? What a NEWB! lol. Seriously though Jim, love hearing your thoughts on this product. I will have to give it a try after I use up some of the other spray waxes I`ve got at this time. Thanks for the write up!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    Since I know Todd reads here and is open to some constructive criticism I`ll tell you how I see me using the poly spray. I will use it for layering/removing/applying my other BF products. But if I`m just doing a general after wash on other cars, I`m not wasting the stuff, it`s too expensive to throw around. For that I`ll use aquawax which works good. The wolfgang stuff is also great on BOGO.

Poly is saved for taking off the TPnS after haze or the cars that are total BF layers, as it does truly light them up more than other sprays....Maybe there`s another product possible here - something will less polymers in it but still the BF formulation that could sell for $12 and call it "everyday" poly spray? Not a QD....

no wait .....better idea - have it on eternal BOGO!!!
    Hey Glen, on the wolfgang product, you talking bout Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant? If so, can you compare the two products. Love the WG. Thanks

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barryscott View Post
    Hey Glen, on the wolfgang product, you talking bout Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant? If so, can you compare the two products. Love the WG. Thanks
    Yes, the spritz sealant - as it is on BOGO, I`m a big fan..the BF poly has absolutely no equal when used in the BF combos as the polymers are additive and create synergy with the BF underneath.

But the Wolfgang is very nice, flashes fast, no smear and creates a candy look quickly. It`s my goto on a few cars and parts of the boat where I don`t have BF products underneath......
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jim for your review of BF Polymer Spray, I`ll be getting mine next month at DF and alot more of the line.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Thanks Jim for your review of BF Polymer Spray, I`ll be getting mine next month at DF and alot more of the line.
    It is just about 4 weeks away.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information