Post Thanks / Like

BF TPNS Correction Ability?

How much cut does the TPNS have? I`m familiar with Megs 205 and the BF GEP. I usually finish with the GEP before the LSP. Polish N Seal looks like it finishes really nice. How would you rate it`s initial cut compared to the 205?
    Big dreams, No cash, but a whole lot of creativity mixed with a little bit of stupidity!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BF TPNS Correction Ability?

it`s been compared to poliseal cut of about 3-4 on scale of 1-10

you could probably get a bit more or less depending on the pad used

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    it`s been compared to poliseal cut of about 3-4 on scale of 1-10

you could probably get a bit more or less depending on the pad used
    I agree - pad dependant - that being said, not much - for me it`s good for light water spots and dirt....not anything etched in paint at any level....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    I agree - pad dependant - that being said, not much - for me it`s good for light water spots and dirt....not anything etched in paint at any level....

True! I removed light swirls with it but a bird bomb etching was untouched.
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TID10 View Post
    True! I removed light swirls with it but a bird bomb etching was untouched.
    I think a better name for it is "Clean n Seal"
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

I recently did a black VW with BF TPnS. I did a one step correction on the vehicle 6 months ago using Menzerna Power Finish and a 6.5" LC orange CCS pad so I had a little previous experience with the specific paint. Using the TPnS on a 5.5" LC orange flat pad left a little micro marring. The customer may never have noticed, but I did. The pad was new so no cross contamination. Based on that I would say TPnS can effectively do some light correction. Poli-Seal is a good comparison. (I had done a side by side comparison with the two on my own dark blue car and found correction to be similar, but TPnS to have deeper gloss.) I elected to go with a white flat pad to ensure the finishing was up to par. With that change, however, I lost a fair amout of correction ability. It took care of the marring caused by claying, but did little for much beyond that.

With more practice I might find a better balance, but as for now I would choose an orange pad (or similar) for lighter vehicles and a white pad (or similar) for dark colors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nth Degree View Post
    I recently did a black VW with BF TPnS. I did a one step correction on the vehicle 6 months ago using Menzerna Power Finish and a 6.5" LC orange CCS pad so I had a little previous experience with the specific paint. Using the TPnS on a 5.5" LC orange flat pad left a little micro marring. The customer may never have noticed, but I did. The pad was new so no cross contamination. Based on that I would say TPnS can effectively do some light correction. Poli-Seal is a good comparison. (I had done a side by side comparison with the two on my own dark blue car and found correction to be similar, but TPnS to have deeper gloss.) I elected to go with a white flat pad to ensure the finishing was up to par. With that change, however, I lost a fair amout of correction ability. It took care of the marring caused by claying, but did little for much beyond that.

With more practice I might find a better balance, but as for now I would choose an orange pad (or similar) for lighter vehicles and a white pad (or similar) for dark colors.
    I have experienced the same results. I found a tangerine HT pad to be the answer. Cuts about the same as an orange pad but actually finishes a bit better than a white.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I have experienced the same results. I found a tangerine HT pad to be the answer. Cuts about the same as an orange pad but actually finishes a bit better than a white.
    Good to know. I guess I need to spend an afternoon playing with it on a black vehicle. I will try the HT Tang as well a a few MF pads at different speeds and see what I can achieve.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nth Degree View Post
    Good to know. I guess I need to spend an afternoon playing with it on a black vehicle. I will try the HT Tang as well a a few MF pads at different speeds and see what I can achieve.
    I will be trying it out soon with some OPT polishing MF`s as I have had good luck with those and Poli-Seal.

Post Thanks / Like

I would rate the polishing ability between BLACKFIRE SRC Finishing Polish and BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish. It will remove light swirl marks and towel marks but you will not remove serious defects with it.

Post Thanks / Like

That sound exactly like I what I want to do with it. Kind of a periodic maintenance product for minor swirls and prep for one of the BF LSPs. I`ll give it a try with a white pad and one of the green ones you recommended in the other thread and see how it goes.

Thanks everyone
    Big dreams, No cash, but a whole lot of creativity mixed with a little bit of stupidity!

Thread Information