Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WHIPLASH Creating Combinations

Yes I agree a Chart would be nice
    Walt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Maybe we should consider revising the name! How about Overload or just Glen?!

As a side note, are you coming to DetailFest? I hope so as it will be a pleasure to meet you!
    I`m coming to Detail Fest. Will it be a pleasure to meet me too?
    Shane

2016 Honda Civic EX-T in Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    I think you should give serious thought to the people that may use these combos - which ones are the most durable and would be good for real OCD types that have a lot of time, some for the absolute fastest, which combo for mean winter weather, etc...

really offer up some reasons why these combo`s work better for the customer types rather than saying they all work good with just catchy names...

for example the rapid fire works for me as I don`t mind reapplying every month or two so I don`t need durability. I love it as it does not dust and my trim stays clean without being taped off and it`s easy to do for an old man like me with a bad back.

There are many reasons to choose whey these combos work - more than it`s gives good gloss...

Todd - I`ll be there the 24th - I`ll drive the new Z4 and we can talk about which combo will work best on a new car...
    Glen, this is something I did give serious consideration to. Ultimately, what looks best to people`s eyes (combinations, products, or even the body styles) is so subjective that I personally feel like my opinion on the matter merits no more weight than anybody else`s opinion.

BLACKFIRE is unique in that all of the LSP products feature the Wet Diamond Polymers. The WDPs are a combination of three different polymers which fit together like a puzzle when they link. With traditional polymers (think of them like chain mail armor when linked) there is some type of gap or space between each. With the tri-polymer system the gaps are filled with the different sized polymers, or at least more so filled.

Each polymer has a slightly different visual characteristic, so you have three unique polymers giving you three different looks. They bend (refract) light differently, which is why every BLACKFIRE lsp gives a unique look that has been described as three dimensional. My point in this is that no BLACKFIRE lsp is designed for use on a specific color. There are going to be extremely subtle differences in the appearance of each product, so you may find you like the way something performs on a shade or hue better.

I feel that recommending specific combinations based on looks alone would be biased to my opinion and selling BLACKFIRE`s unique ability to perform on all color ranges short.

Durability is another factor that is hard to determine, but I can offer some guidelines based on theory.

Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection should be the most durable LSP in the line based on the fact that it is a liquid sealant which can benefit from highest concentration of Wet Diamond Polymers.

Crystal Seal, in most cases, is going to be a close second. There is not quite the amount of solids (polymers) because the unique application and thin consistency doesn`t allow it. For a wipe-on walk-away sealant it is still extremely concentrated, but there is some limitation to its design.

Total Polish & Seal, because of the cleaners and abrasives in the product, will have the shortest durability, unless we are applying to unprepared paint (at which point its going to outlast the others). Again, for an all-in-one type product, the durability is going to be near the front of the class.

With most combinations of LSP`s, you are only as strong as your foundation. If you apply a long lasting product over a shorter lasting AIO, you generally will only get as much durability as the AIO will allow. With BLACKFIRE, because of the synergistic design, this is not the case. Applying Wet Diamond over Total Polish & Seal will extend the durability to at least as long as Wet Diamond would last, maybe even slightly longer.

I hope this makes sense?

I look forward to meeting you on the 24th!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    I`m coming to Detail Fest. Will it be a pleasure to meet me too?
    Of course!

Post Thanks / Like

Are these going to be priced as kits?

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Are these going to be priced as kits?
    While anything is possible and it is certainty worth consideration, these are not official names or kits. The names are something I came up with for fun, while the combinations themselves have been tested and I wanted to provide some information about them.

Post Thanks / Like

Any chance of this thread becoming a sticky? I like to refer to it for the time frames between products. Perhaps another thread with the suggested time frames between layering different BF LSP`s and that a sticky. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Any chance of this thread becoming a sticky? I like to refer to it for the time frames between products. Perhaps another thread with the suggested time frames between layering different BF LSP`s and that a sticky. Thanks!
    I will do a second thread like you recommended for a sticky. Since this isn`t an official thread I don`t want to sticky it and avoid confusion. Great idea on the other thread though.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

I will do a second thread like you recommended for a sticky. Since this isn`t an official thread I don`t want to sticky it and avoid confusion. Great idea on the other thread though.
    and maybe some examples of the diff kinds of people that could use this - for example - what combo would you recc for a quick daily driver, in winter, for show car results, which beads the best if you`re going for repellency, etc....

I have been on these boards for a couple months, and when I stand back and look at the posts being put up by newbies ,IT IS ALL SO CONFUSING to what to do. There are simply too many products, too many good ways to go, and the posts range from "do this" to "you might try ______". The videos are invaluable but the public wants instant answers and sadly, don`t watch them. I think that`s why Meg`s tried to do it all in a MF kit as a newbie can buy that an get it done without thinking. I know the pros here must get 100 PM`s asking "just tell me what to buy and what to do - don`t explain it - I`ll do it" I know they get em becasue I get them and I`m just a newbie idiot with time and hobby money. I defer to a few here. I know that`s what I did when I did my boat - the duragloss 561/501 was a good combo - no thinking - and that`s what autogeek told me to buy when I called.

So here`s a chance Todd, to keep them all in the family - a simple - "once you are corrected, if you want this result, here is the combo for you"

Naturally, it`s never simple but I`m sure you`ll solve 90% of the confusion out there....

Just my thoughts....love your stuff....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome. Thank You!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Awesome. Thank You!
    I`m going to get started on this (other thread) this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Love the name Glen. Rapid FLASHFire it is.

These aren`t official names or anything like that, just names I have been calling my favorite combinations. I will add yours to the chart and would love to hear others as well!!!
    I know i`m digging up and old one but were the charts ever updated or a poster made?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Custom Care View Post
    I know i`m digging up and old one but were the charts ever updated or a poster made?
    No, but thank you for the reminder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information