Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: APC as a Bug Cleaner

So can someone suggest a procedure/proiduct when I drive 200 miles from home and am sitting in a hotel parking lot with a bumper full of bugs and no hose?
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    So can someone suggest a procedure/proiduct when I drive 200 miles from home and am sitting in a hotel parking lot with a bumper full of bugs and no hose?
    A few years back AG had a product (forget the name), but it was almost a gelatin type stuff that ya spread across the vehicle. Kept em from sticking. Then just hose it off..

me, i`d just hit em with bug squash 3:1, then ONR wash or similiar
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I just use APC from family dollar and bug brush if I need to. It`s cheap and works on everything.
    Lets GO FLYERS!!
    www.BarrenHillDetail.com

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    A few years back AG had a product (forget the name), but it was almost a gelatin type stuff that ya spread across the vehicle. Kept em from sticking. Then just hose it off..

me, i`d just hit em with bug squash 3:1, then ONR wash or similiar
    thanks - my thinking exactly..I have Bug sqash and the bucket with lid that will hold my 5 towels for a garry dean rinseless on the front end...
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

thanks - my thinking exactly..I have Bug sqash and the bucket with lid that will hold my 5 towels for a garry dean rinseless on the front end...
    All is well with the world then.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07gtcs View Post
    Since I posted this, I got the pinnacle bug sponge and found that if you wash them off within a day, this sponge works great without any bug remover. Just use lots of suds. Then I change the water out to wash the rest of the car.
    I used PBTS last weekend on 2 week old bugs. Let the sponge soak in Megs Gold Class in the wash bucket while I did wheels/tires. Sprayed the bugs with BF RW diluted to QD. Rinsed and then went right after the bugs with the PBTS. After a pass, I would rinse in the rinse bucket before back to the wash bucket. Rinsed after a couple passes which you can see where water sheets around bug remains that are still there. Then re-hit those areas. Not a bug particle left behind and no scratches on the paint. Great product and only like $7-8. Another road trip Thur/Fri, so will probably be busting the PBTS back out this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Any self serve pressure car washes near by to give it a quick rinser? I know you aren`t a big fan of those, but personally, I think I would want to give it a quick pressure rinse to get most of the chunks off and then do a rinseless.

Post Thanks / Like

glen e get yourself some Griots Garage Bug Barricade 35 oz.. The stuff works great and it`s cheap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information