Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire and Leather Question

I`m planning the interior detail of my Tiburon and came up with a question. Reading the directions of the Blackfire Hi-UV Leather Conditioner and it is not recommended for perforated leather. I definitely want to use in on the non-perf parts but should I use Blackfire Micro-Engineered Interior Protectant on the perforated parts?

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire and Leather Question

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    I`m planning the interior detail of my Tiburon and came up with a question. Reading the directions of the Blackfire Hi-UV Leather Conditioner and it is not recommended for perforated leather. I definitely want to use in on the non-perf parts but should I use Blackfire Micro-Engineered Interior Protectant on the perforated parts?
    It say`s that because one doesn`t want to clog those tiny holes in the leather, so you should clean your Perforated leather with what the manufacturer said to use on it using the proper solvent recommend by them. Using the wrong leather cleaner can ruin the finish and cause those tiny perforations in the seats to clog. This will affect their appearance, breatability and comfort to you. I recommend to go the simply why in cleaning them, I have use Woolite and water mixed about 6-8 parts water to 1 part of Woolite to clean the leather. Always wipe it off lightly using a mircofiber dampened towel ( very Lightly ). Then wipe off the surface again with a dry microfiber towel to allow the leather to dry properly. From there you can use Leather Masters Leather cream or Turtle Wax leather conditioner in a spray bottle that works very well for me.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    It say`s that because one doesn`t want to clog those tiny holes in the leather, so you should clean your Perforated leather with what the manufacturer said to use on it using the proper solvent recommend by them. Using the wrong leather cleaner can ruin the finish and cause those tiny perforations in the seats to clog. This will affect their appearance, breatability and comfort to you. I recommend to go the simply why in cleaning them, I have use Woolite and water mixed about 6-8 parts water to 1 part of Woolite to clean the leather. Always wipe it off lightly using a mircofiber dampened towel ( very Lightly ). Then wipe off the surface again with a dry microfiber towel to allow the leather to dry properly. From there you can use Leather Masters Leather cream or Turtle Wax leather conditioner in a spray bottle that works very well for me.
    Thanks. I did use Woolite last summer but was hoping to try the new BF products. Coming summer I will be using Leatherique.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The new Blackfire Leather product is one I have not use yet. The older version is the one not to use on those leather seats.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

BLACKFIRE Leather Conditioner can dry white and `clog` the leather perforations. Your best best, as you suggested, would be to apply Interior Protectant with a damp applicator.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    BLACKFIRE Leather Conditioner can dry white and `clog` the leather perforations. Your best best, as you suggested, would be to apply Interior Protectant with a damp applicator.
    Thanks Todd.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Todd.
    My pleasure!

Thread Information