Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BLACKFIRE LSP Cure Times???

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    wow! WD poly spray REMOVES TPnS? Will it remove CS after letting CS cure?

I thought Poly spray was "icing on the cake"?
    No, it doesn`t remove it.

When you use TPnS, you polish until you get an barely visible film on the paint. You can use Polymer Spray to buff off the residue. Abrasive all-in-one products will still have some abrasive residue that can scrub off a SMALL amount of the freshly applied sealant during removal. Using Polymer Spray to buff off gives two benefits: The lubricity helps buffer this action and the Wet Diamond Polymers fill in the gaps. If you use them in unsion, both fast curing products are more likely to cure together (again identical polymers) so you negate the natural tendencies of an all-in-one. The again, I would say that BLACKFIRE TPnS really doesn`t have any short comings and lasts just fine by itself, so its a little trick that I use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    I actually love this...

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Polymers- Synergistic Excellence

Thanks. It think it could be one of your new tag lines...

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

No, it doesn`t remove it.

When you use TPnS, you polish until you get an barely visible film on the paint. You can use Polymer Spray to buff off the residue. Abrasive all-in-one products will still have some abrasive residue that can scrub off a SMALL amount of the freshly applied sealant during removal. Using Polymer Spray to buff off gives two benefits: The lubricity helps buffer this action and the Wet Diamond Polymers fill in the gaps. If you use them in unsion, both fast curing products are more likely to cure together (again identical polymers) so you negate the natural tendencies of an all-in-one. The again, I would say that BLACKFIRE TPnS really doesn`t have any short comings and lasts just fine by itself, so its a little trick that I use.

10 4
    As I was really happy using both...
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t know the exact answer to this but I will find out. The exact cure times will vary from product to product (even with the same core tri-polymer system) because the products use different chemicals and solvents. A good rule of thumb is 8-12 hours if time allows, but for most people the time cure times are much shorter.

Also a little trick I like to use is to wipe off the very light residue of Total Polish & Seal with a light mist of Wet Diamond Polymer Spray. This adds more polymers to the paint and if done right away the Wet Diamond Polymers will bond together.
    OK? I have two bottles of BF Deep Gloss Spray. Is this a different product from the Wet Diamond Polymer Spray. I don`t see the BFDGS listed on the product page anymore?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlineman View Post
    OK? I have two bottles of BF Deep Gloss Spray. Is this a different product from the Wet Diamond Polymer Spray. I don`t see the BFDGS listed on the product page anymore?

Use your bottles of BF Deep Gloss Spray with TPnS and then get your hands on the reformulated Polymer Spray. I`m using my DGS on my wife`s two year old SUV while using the WDPS on my new ride.

It is my understanding that the GS was tweaked and improved upon creating the new WDPS. Most likely more polymers were added. Just my guess. I`m not sure I see a difference but its hard to tell since the SUV is pearl white and my ride is jet black.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlineman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SP4449 View Post
    Use your bottles of BF Deep Gloss Spray with TPnS and then get your hands on the reformulated Polymer Spray. I`m using my DGS on my wife`s two year old SUV while using the WDPS on my new ride.

It is my understanding that the GS was tweaked and improved upon creating the new WDPS. Most likely more polymers were added. Just my guess. I`m not sure I see a difference but its hard to tell since the SUV is pearl white and my ride is jet black.

Jim
    BF Deep Gloss is still an amazing product. At the time (when it was sold) it served dual duty as both a spray sealant and a quick detailer.

In improving the BLACKFIRE line we added a dedicated quick detailer which allowed us to focus Wet Diamond Polymer Spray as a more dedicated spray sealant. This isn`t to say you cannot use it as a quick detailer (you can if you wish) but it really shines as a spray sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

OK! I think I got a little confused here! After stripping,claying, & polishing my car, I applied BFWDAFPP, left it for 9 hours, wiped it off & began applying Midnight Sun. While buffing, I noticed what appeared to be scratches (they weren`t, but gave that appearance). I changed wax pad & towel(even though they were brand new & came with the wax). Same thing, but maybe not quite so bad. My thought is, should I have wiped the BFWDAFPP off first then start the cure countdown?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don Porter View Post
    . My thought is, should I have wiped the BFWDAFPP off first then start the cure countdown?
    yup
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I may be the odd one here, but I dont like leaving any wax or sealant to dwell on the surface for very long, even indoors. Not long ago, I had to repair a black Escallade that a girl had waxed and parked in the sun for 2 hours to "cure". Needless to say, it didnt turn out the way she had expected lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don Porter View Post
    OK! I think I got a little confused here! After stripping,claying, & polishing my car, I applied BFWDAFPP, left it for 9 hours, wiped it off & began applying Midnight Sun. While buffing, I noticed what appeared to be scratches (they weren`t, but gave that appearance). I changed wax pad & towel(even though they were brand new & came with the wax). Same thing, but maybe not quite so bad. My thought is, should I have wiped the BFWDAFPP off first then start the cure countdown?
    So you let it sit on the car 9 hours, then took it off? Are you applied, waited 30min to buff, then applied another layer 9 hours later.

I have a feeling leaving it on the car for 9 hours, then buffing might be the issue, but not sure?

Post Thanks / Like

BLACKFIRE Total Polish & Seal

In Use: If applying Total Polish & Seal by machine, the machine agitation of the product (or vigorous hand application) greatly accelerates the cure time. You can remove Total Polish & Seal with Wet Diamond Polymer Spray to increase protection instantly.

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Polymer Spray

In Use: By a function of its design, Polymer Spray can be topped or layered almost immediately. You can also use it to remove Total Polish & Seal and take advantage of the additional polymer content.

Todd, did you really mean to say the spray REMOVE TPnS?

Al
    The Need to Bead

Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Todd, did you really mean to say the spray REMOVE TPnS?
    I believe he is saying that you can use the polymer spray when buffing off the residue from TPnS. That is how I have done it, works great.
    The devil made me do it the first time.
    The second time I done it on my own.

The only good thing about getting old is no longer having to worry about dying young.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nutbread View Post
    I believe he is saying that you can use the polymer spray when buffing off the residue from TPnS. That is how I have done it, works great.
    That makes sense. I was a little dense earlier.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

maybe its not recommended but i have used polymer spray as a drying aid as i dried off my vehicle and it did leave a noticeable gloss on the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nutbread View Post
    Exactly!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information