Thread: Drying aid

Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like

Drying aid

For those of you that have any of the new BF spray & wipe products (MS Instant Detailer, WW, Or Deep Polymer Spray). Have you tried using any of them as a drying aid after a rinseless wash?

I am planning to try them out if the weather is still decent when my order arrives. But I curious if anyone else had any experience with this.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Drying aid

Quote Originally Posted by Nutbread View Post
    For those of you that have any of the new BF spray & wipe products (MS Instant Detailer, WW, Or Deep Polymer Spray). Have you tried using any of them as a drying aid after a rinseless wash?

I am planning to try them out if the weather is still decent when my order arrives. But I curious if anyone else had any experience with this.
    All three will work well as a drying aid, but the amount of water on the surface prior to wiping may effect some more than others.

For example, of the three listed I would use a light mist of Waterless Wash if the car is still realitively wet.

If the paint is fairly dry (hit with air blower or wiped with a damp rag) I would go with Midnight Sun Instant Detailer (or Waterless Wash).

If there is very little standing water on the paint then I would use Polymer Spray (or any of the other two).

When you say you are going to use this as a drying aid after a rinseless wash, I am assuming (please correct me if I am wrong) then you washing the section then drying most of the standing water first, then coming back with a second towel (and using the drying aid during the final wipe?).

If the above is the case then any will work fine. If you are using a carnauba wax as your LSP, go with Midnight Sun and if you are going with a sealant, stick with Wet Diamond Polymer Spray. (You could also use Midnight Sun Instant Carnauba Detailer on top of a sealant for a deeper, more carnauba like glow).

Post Thanks / Like

I would also assume you could just use the BF QD (made from BF Rinseless Wash) as a drying aid/final wipe.

Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    All three will work well as a drying aid, but the amount of water on the surface prior to wiping may effect some more than others.

For example, of the three listed I would use a light mist of Waterless Wash if the car is still realitively wet.

If the paint is fairly dry (hit with air blower or wiped with a damp rag) I would go with Midnight Sun Instant Detailer (or Waterless Wash).

If there is very little standing water on the paint then I would use Polymer Spray (or any of the other two).

When you say you are going to use this as a drying aid after a rinseless wash, I am assuming (please correct me if I am wrong) then you washing the section then drying most of the standing water first, then coming back with a second towel (and using the drying aid during the final wipe?).

If the above is the case then any will work fine. If you are using a carnauba wax as your LSP, go with Midnight Sun and if you are going with a sealant, stick with Wet Diamond Polymer Spray. (You could also use Midnight Sun Instant Carnauba Detailer on top of a sealant for a deeper, more carnauba like glow).
    Thanks Todd

Your assumption is correct. My first drying pass is with a Guzzler HD or the Mothers foam core drying towel. So there isn`t much water left for the second pass.

I have MS already and I have ordered BFWD, Crystal Seal, and Total Polish & Seal so I have lots of combinations to try.
    Can`t wait for my order to arrive.

Post Thanks / Like

How about using the polymer spray after using a flow of water (for sheeting action) or using a leaf blower to get most of the water off of the paint? I am thinking of trying the polymer spray in place of Aquawax.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post

Looks like you already answere my question. Thanks.

GTO_04
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392 Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue/blue interior

Post Thanks / Like

Not on your list but PB Quick Detailer + is my favorite drying aide!

Post Thanks / Like

I used BF MSID and really liked it.

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...-detailer.html

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the Polymer Spray today as a drying aid and it worked great! No streaking, high gloss and a extremely slick surface. That has to be one of the slickest products, if not the slickest, I`ve ever used on my paint!

It plays very well with Collinite 845 BTW.

GTO_04

Post Thanks / Like

i usually use bfww as a drying aid when the car is wet and come back with polymer spray as a gloss enhancer afterwards. works wonders..

Post Thanks / Like

My all time favorite drying aid is FK425. It has been easy to use and leaves a super slick finish. But I have also started using UWWP and must say it is almost as good and is much better priced per use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    My all time favorite drying aid is FK425. It has been easy to use and leaves a super slick finish. But I have also started using UWWP and must say it is almost as good and is much better priced per use.
    I have both of those too. Will definitely try those as drying aids. I`m using the UWWP as a QD or waterless wash and it works great for both.

GTO_04

Thread Information