Thread: last of the HD

Post Thanks / Like

last of the HD

just poured out the last of my meguiars hyperdressing. found it to be a quite versatile product as i used it on my tires, as a underbody dressing and even under the hood. i`ll be restocking for the season soon. my question; what one product have you used that did all that better or as well as HD.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: last of the HD

I love HD. Pretty hard to beat the versatility and economy of it. While I prefer tire gels, HD is a must have for truck and SUV tires IMO.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used Chemical Guys Back to Black in the spray can and it does a beautiful job. Only its not nearly as cost-effective as Meguiars Hyper-Dressing which always has my vote as the best-smelling Dressing out there.

I know a lot of people like 303 Aerospace protectant, and I am sure its a great product, but I like my engine compartments to look really new and all the plastics dark like they might have been when new.

And of course, Meguiars H/Dressing does this beautifully at whatever blackness level you choose.

Probably going to be hard to match your product in the cost-effectiveness category...

Dan F

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    I have used Chemical Guys Back to Black in the spray can and it does a beautiful job.
    Love this stuff for hard to dress grills, wheel wells, and the engine, but is it expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

I looked, and looked, and looked and what I came up with was that HD was the best product at the best price to do wells, tires, and under the hood. I`ll probably be adding opti-bond this spring for tires, but HD will still have a regular place in my arsenal.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really wanted to love HD, but I find it greasy, and it does not have the durability I desire. PERL just fits me better I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t used Hyper Dressing yet but based on the different dilution ratios and many different things it can work on I would say it is the best option for the price. Depending on how this year goes for my part time detailing I will be picking up a gallon. As of now I have some other products I want to use up before moving on.

Post Thanks / Like

Hyper Dressing is my go to for wheel wells and looks great (3:1 wiped down) on engines as well. I also love the smell.

Post Thanks / Like

I also like HD I use it for fender wells and under the hood...I will have to order some more somewhere around May....
    Have a Great day.
    Walt

Post Thanks / Like

HD has always been my go too on wheelwells and engines. On cars that I do weekly cleaning of I would never use anything but HD on the tires. Nothing worse than having to spend an hour on cleaning AA off the tires. Literally puts me in a bad mood.

Thread Information