Post Thanks / Like

My Thoughts On BF WDWW

Sorry, this isn`t going to be an informative review on how to use a waterless wash or boring pictures of a panel that is half dirty and half clean that a camera angle may or may not show swirls. This is just intended to be my thoughts on how this product preformed for me. Todd already did a nice write up on how to properly use this product, so if you are unsure how to use a WW, check out his thread.

PBMG was kind enough to send me out a bottle of this prior to it`s release for some testing. I have tried many WW`s that are on the market and have settled with UWWP as my personal choice for WW due to it`s overall great performance and amazing value when purchased in concentrate form. So I feel that what I expect a WW to do has some pretty high standards.

My choice of cleaning media is always a plush MF for WW such as the Chinchillas. I also do not expect a WW to safely remove heavy grime and mud after a full day of 4 wheeling. Very light dust, non baked on bug remains and smudges IS what I expect a WW to remove safely from my finish.

Enter BF WDWW. Pretty simple summary here....

-Cleans very well.

-Safely removes particles with out marring or scratching the surface.

-Wipes off with ease and finishes streak free even in temps down to 35F

-Has a subtile citrus(lemony) scent that is nice.

-Supplied sprayer in the RTU version does a great job at atomizing product.

-Overall just a great product that I really enjoyed using

-I feel that this and UWWP perform exactly the same and both are the finest WW`s available.

I know UWWP has Poly Charger in it.

BF WDWW has polymers in that bond to the paint to add some protection while revitalizing the freshly waxed look.

UWWP concentrate cost $21 for 5.5 gallons of useable product while BF cost considerably more in terms of useable product. That being said, I have not noticed any real enhancement in the look department from BF but I have noticed that beading can be increased if you LSP is falling off, so obviously there the polymers are grabbing hold and doing something. In comparison, I notice UWWP does add some protection but not as much.

I personally treat a WW as a wash and don`t expect gloss enhancement or protection from them but knowing that you get some is nice.

My conclusion: While the price may be more than my personal favorite, I feel you have to give this a shot. If you are using the BF system on your vehicle, perhaps the polymers can be a real benefit to the look or durability(perhaps Todd can step in here and maybe better explain how exactly the polymers in the WW really play with the other BF products).

For me to even say a product compares or is equal to UWWP makes it a winner in my book. Another great BF product for sure.

Thanks, Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Thoughts On BF WDWW

Nice review Jim, sometimes just the facts are enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, honest review. UWW+`s dilution ratio gives it a significant advantage over other WWs.

Post Thanks / Like

Well put Jim. Informative and right to the point.

I do wonder if using this with or in the BF system would help give it any extra advantages...

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review Jim.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    Very nice, honest review. UWW+`s dilution ratio gives it a significant advantage over other WWs.
    My thoughts exactly.

I also wonder if when using the BF system, do the polymers all being the same add anything?

Post Thanks / Like

i`ve never used a ww but i do use blackfire so i`m hoping it does work better on my jet black bimmer...its coming my way soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the honest review.

the price thing is how I am situation on the cost of the new BF APC compared to P21S TAW.

I have both the WW and APC right here and ready to try tomorrow, and that will be the final say in the "if it is worth it or not" category. Noticeable difference? Worth the price.
    Thomas Kehlenbeck
    Aggressive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Jim!

Talk about fine minds thinking alike!!

I tested the same product today and came away with the same conclusions!!

Thanks for the review!

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

My conclusion: While the price may be more than my personal favorite, I feel you have to give this a shot. If you are using the BF system on your vehicle, perhaps the polymers can be a real benefit to the look or durability(perhaps Todd can step in here and maybe better explain how exactly the polymers in the WW really play with the other BF products).
    The core polymers in BF WDWW are the same core polymers found in Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, Wet Diamond Conditioning Shampoo, Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash, Crystal Seal, Total Polish & Seal, Midnight Sun Ivory Carnuaba Paste, and Wet Diamond Polymer Spray. Each of these products is different (some what significantly) but a lot of research went into making these polymers work (and bond to the paint).

Additional gloss can be hard to measure, particularly on paint that is already in good shape and has a great gloss. It`s like applying Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection on top of paint that already has several coats of a quality product on it. Is there a difference? Yes but it might be hard to distinguish. When used on a bare paint the increase in gloss, protection, and slickness is going to be quite dramatic. Water will even bead on previously bare paint after a wash with WDWW.

Where Wet Diamond Waterless Wash really excels (besides being compared to some of the best products on the market) is in its ability to clean dirty paint with out scratching. Obviously common sense must be used in how much dirt should be removed, but I feel that the bar has been raised.

The polymers will also reinforce existing BLACKFIRE protection, BUT also other products as well. It really plays nice with everything we have tested it against.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Todd. Some great info there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great info Todd !!!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    The core polymers in BF WDWW are the same core polymers found in Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, Wet Diamond Conditioning Shampoo, Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash, Crystal Seal, Total Polish & Seal, Midnight Sun Ivory Carnuaba Paste, and Wet Diamond Polymer Spray. Each of these products is different (some what significantly) but a lot of research went into making these polymers work (and bond to the paint).

Additional gloss can be hard to measure, particularly on paint that is already in good shape and has a great gloss. It`s like applying Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection on top of paint that already has several coats of a quality product on it. Is there a difference? Yes but it might be hard to distinguish. When used on a bare paint the increase in gloss, protection, and slickness is going to be quite dramatic. Water will even bead on previously bare paint after a wash with WDWW.

Where Wet Diamond Waterless Wash really excels (besides being compared to some of the best products on the market) is in its ability to clean dirty paint with out scratching. Obviously common sense must be used in how much dirt should be removed, but I feel that the bar has been raised.

The polymers will also reinforce existing BLACKFIRE protection, BUT also other products as well. It really plays nice with everything we have tested it against.
    thanks todd for clearing that up... if i may ask... would applying polymer spray on top of bfww give the shine even more bling. is polymer spray the product packed with the most polymers available.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc View Post
    thanks todd for clearing that up... if i may ask... would applying polymer spray on top of bfww give the shine even more bling. is polymer spray the product packed with the most polymers available.
    Yes, Polymer Spray is going to give you more bling, although Waterless Wash does a great job on it`s own.

As far as which product has the highest concentration on Wet Diamond Polymers, that would be Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection.

Thread Information