Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you think your biggest 2012 single item detailing purchase will be?

The title says it all.

I really want to get an electric power washer. I still have doubts about the x series karchers (reports they still fall over, break connections, some leakages but at least no report of motor failures) and would really want to get a kranzle. Mark has reported his is doing well but still leary.

The electrics have quicker setup and easier to handle, no gas, and quieter with a penalty in GPM/Pressure (typical 1400 - 2000 psi, up to 2 gallons per minute at lower pressure end).

I have a much more powerful gas unit but I do not like using it. It just looked like someone put a pump on a frame so ergonomics are lousy, it is noisy, runs on gas that needs to be prepped each year, tires that will go flat, etc. The carburetor probably needs to be rebuilt. The dispensing bottle is crude design..good old American technology that is made in China...design is from 1950.

The problem is the good ones are at least 2x to 3x the "consumer" models.

My price would be under $500 for a prosumer type but looks like I am $300 off at least.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you think your biggest 2012 single item detailing purchase be?

Just went to a garage supply dealer yesterday. My purchase will be a scissor lift for the garage. Just have to upgrade my circuit in the garage to 20 amps.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I`m going to bite the bullet on a good lift table for motorcycles. I`m looking for a hydraulic foot pump/electric so I don`t need to listen to a compressor. An air/hydraulic would work also. Right now my work area is too low and the table
    will solve that problem. Back isn`t what it used to be.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m think I`m going to buy a professional steamer. Still researching the different models.

Post Thanks / Like

Plan on getting my detailing van painted, with rims put on it and tinted windows
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    The title says it all.

I really want to get an electric power washer. I still have doubts about the x series karchers (reports they still fall over, break connections, some leakages but at least no report of motor failures) and would really want to get a kranzle. Mark has reported his is doing well but still leary.

The electrics have quicker setup and easier to handle, no gas, and quieter with a penalty in GPM/Pressure (typical 1400 - 2000 psi, up to 2 gallons per minute at lower pressure end).

I have a much more powerful gas unit but I do not like using it. It just looked like someone put a pump on a frame so ergonomics are lousy, it is noisy, runs on gas that needs to be prepped each year, tires that will go flat, etc. The carburetor probably needs to be rebuilt. The dispensing bottle is crude design..good old American technology that is made in China...design is from 1950.

My price would be under $500 for a prosumer type but looks like I am $300 off at least.
    I`ve been looking at power washers as well but I don`t need anything too powerful. I just need to use it on the cars, the siding of the house and the driveway

I`ve been looking at the AR brand electric washers. I want something that`s hand carry so I don`t have to worry about knocking it over and it`s easy to store. They have Prosumer models that are around $500-$600 I think

Post Thanks / Like

My next purchase, which will be happening soon hopefully, will be the Kärcher DE4002 Steamer. Its a really nice machine, and I have thought long and hard about steam cleaning interiors versus the old "mountain of brushes" methods and I think it will be an amazing time saver. Its a pricy unit, but the biggest seller for me was the build quality and the dual tanks so I can use it constantly. (for example.. nasty SUV interiors.. )
    Thomas Kehlenbeck
    Aggressive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

I need a lot of stuff, master blaster, power washer etc. Not sure what I`m going to get this year though.

Post Thanks / Like

I think a Mytee Lite II 8070 hot water extractor will find it`s way into my garage in 2012....

BobbyG

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

made mine on jan 6th - FLEX 3403 and about 10 pads for it!

Now that I`ve used it on all my toys and corrected them, I`m gonna move all the compounds/finsihes to the back of the closet and replace with D151 and UPGP using my GG6 for maintaining everything...
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

are you talking biggest price tag or most important? if it is most important i am hoping to have all my ducks in a row so i can actually start a legit buisness instead of just doing a couple cars here and there at home. i really hate winters in Illinois so slow when i work at home

Post Thanks / Like

On top of my list was a Mytee extractor until another member sold me a DurrMaid for so cheap I couldn`t turn it down (eighty bucks). So now in the number one spot is a paint gauge with a website as number two on my list. Window tinting w/advertising on my truck is next week so I can scratch that off the list. Now if 2012 is as good if not better then 2011.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you think your biggest 2012 single item detailing purchase will be?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    The title says it all.

Look into the AR610. Kody (Kakeuter) has a nice set-up (foam gun, quick connects, etc.) for one and is happy with it. I have a cheaper AR, but when it finally gives out I`m going to copy his set-up.

As far as a single, big item I`m torn between the Flex PE and the new DeWalt 849x. Lightweight vs. overbuilt ruggedness....

Post Thanks / Like

I think the biggest problem I have right now is hard water. I may have to fork out the money to have my water softener company come and hook my soft water up to the exterior water. Does anybody else have theirs set up this way? I think they only have mine hooked up to the interior hot water. This hard water is killing me during detailing time.

Post Thanks / Like

IM also looking into a pressure washer. Im thinking electric as a gas is just one more thing to winterize and Im running out of storage room in the shed for it anyway. Im in the early stages of research Bunky so if you find anything that looks promising please let me know, Im looking in the 200 or less range, if there is a good one to be found at that price.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information