Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A new BLACKFIRE final step topper....

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
    Dear Todd & Friends

I hope this is something a newbie with no idea of what he`s doing can apply.

Reckon it`ll look good on white?
    Yes it will look stunning on white and it will be extremely easy to use. BLACKFIRE has a reputation for being extremely user-friendly, and that is only going to improve!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Yes, as well as on top of other product lines. For maximum effect it should be used on Wet Diamond Sealant or Midnight Sun Carnauba because it is LOADED TO THE GILLS with Wet Diamond polymers.

so is polymer spray the product that you teased us with here....

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc View Post
    so is polymer spray the product that you teased us with here....

yup....works very well
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

kewl!!! i`m glad i got some then.... now if this weather would cooperate... thanks glen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    . BLACKFIRE has a reputation for being extremely user-friendly, and that is only going to improve!
    Todd if I may piggyback off this, I had a chance to use the new formula Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection and was stunned by it. The old formula was easy to use, very slick, but had a slight dusting problem. Well in my opinion I think the new formula is even easier to use, even slicker, and best of all I experienced zero dusting. Now to pick up the Wet Diamond Polymer Spray.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

interesting what you say about user friendly - I have a ton of products, but it almost seems that these guys at BF thought about how we use them. Three examples:
    1. the total polish and seal glides over the surface on a DA and goes on easier than any other product I have tried.
    2. the poly spray comes in a bottle with a very unique spray so it sprays wide - wider than any other sprayer I have...Definitely gonna be my ISP bottle when I use it up.
    3. the crystal seal spreads with more lubricity than ultima and does not flash as fast, so you can see where you have been. Then it flashes off perfect.

Certainly others are as good, and I`m not cheerleading, just something I noticed....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Todd if I may piggyback off this, I had a chance to use the new formula Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection and was stunned by it. The old formula was easy to use, very slick, but had a slight dusting problem. Well in my opinion I think the new formula is even easier to use, even slicker, and best of all I experienced zero dusting. Now to pick up the Wet Diamond Polymer Spray.
    You may piggy back all you like Richard! I am glad to hear of your experience!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    interesting what you say about user friendly - I have a ton of products, but it almost seems that these guys at BF thought about how we use them. Three examples:
    1. the total polish and seal glides over the surface on a DA and goes on easier than any other product I have tried.
    2. the poly spray comes in a bottle with a very unique spray so it sprays wide - wider than any other sprayer I have...Definitely gonna be my ISP bottle when I use it up.
    3. the crystal seal spreads with more lubricity than ultima and does not flash as fast, so you can see where you have been. Then it flashes off perfect.

Certainly others are as good, and I`m not cheerleading, just something I noticed....
    Glen, thanks for your feed back! A lot of R&D, as well as the full force of PBMG`s abilities went into this product line, offering not only top-shelf performance, but also a great value as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone do dual or triple coats with their BFWD? whatif even, you let the first coat cure for a day, wouldnt buffing out the second coat remove the first coat? I had the older version of BFWD and i think i like the slickness feel and wet look of it better than that of KHGSG (with first coat), well at least on my royal blue pearl honda accord. I havent done 2 coats with BFWD yet....

(+2)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ponzy View Post
    Does anyone do dual or triple coats with their BFWD?...I havent done 2 coats with BFWD yet....(+2)
    Yes I do 2 coats of BFWD
    Then (sometimes) I follow BFWD with BFMS for that deep wet look.
    Yes, BFMS reduces the slickness of BFWD but the look is AWESOME!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ponzy View Post
    Does anyone do dual or triple coats with their BFWD? whatif even, you let the first coat cure for a day, wouldnt buffing out the second coat remove the first coat? I had the older version of BFWD and i think i like the slickness feel and wet look of it better than that of KHGSG (with first coat), well at least on my royal blue pearl honda accord. I havent done 2 coats with BFWD yet....

(+2)
    You can do as many coats as you would like. Two coats will ensure even coverage, although the different sized polymers in BFWD do a really good job at getting it right the first time.

Buff off (or on) the second coat will not remove the previous coat. Sealants work through a chemical reaction (with itself) that allows them to adhere to the paint extremely well. While you could take a towel and rub really hard (and likely abrade away the sealant) the mechanical action, even when combined with the chemicals in the second coat, will not degrade the first coat.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks todd, thats good to know.... I even heard someones doing 5 or more coats. To me 2 is ideal and 3 is the most i would do. But i think it would be safer for my honda paint if i do it after no rinse wash (with some dust and dirt) or washless wash (if its just dust).

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, must say Todd that looks spectacular. Just tough to get me off of the Crystal Seal - especially figuring in the effort factor. But....I must say this sealant looks amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a free weekend coming up. Just might have to top my BF with some Crystal Seal on my Dodge Ram
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by addysdaddy View Post
    Wow, must say Todd that looks spectacular. Just tough to get me off of the Crystal Seal - especially figuring in the effort factor. But....I must say this sealant looks amazing.
    It adds the Wet Diamond signature look to the paint.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information