Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BLACKFIRE Total Polish N Seal - BRAND NEW PRODUCT

Yeah TPnS is really a prep for the final step, so I would not use it with a rotary/3403 as a polish.with an reg orbital and mid speed level it disappears perfectly with a very minor buff off effort. love the stuff...
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DHCrocks View Post
    I`ve been having issues applying this with a flex 3401 and a white pad, speed 5. it seems like as I work it in and it starts to dry, it forms into a gummy paste that is very difficult to remove. it sticks on the paint and is not easily wiped off. kind of reminds me of a high content carnuba wax and how if you let it dry to a haze it just sticks to the paint and will not wipe off easily. The more I try to work it the stickier it gets. I resorted to using IPA to remove it.

When I tried doing a small section by hand with a foam applicator I don`t have this problem and it wipes off easily.
    How much product are you using? What size section? Try adding a very small amount and working it over a 3 x 3 section at speed 4. If this doesn`t work, shoot me a PM and I will send you out a different bottle. This is the first I have heard of this occurring so you may have a bad bottle. (Rare but possible).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    How much product are you using? What size section? Try adding a very small amount and working it over a 3 x 3 section at speed 4. If this doesn`t work, shoot me a PM and I will send you out a different bottle. This is the first I have heard of this occurring so you may have a bad bottle. (Rare but possible).
    I was doing a fairly large area, half a panel at a time. This is the first time I tried using TPS. From the get go I had problems. I primed the pad with complete coverage of the foam and went to work. Perhaps I loaded it up too much. I didn`t have to add any more product for the first half of the hood it seemed to go on well but never really worked till it dissapeared. I tried working it for a while but then it started getting gummy and even after it hazed over it was so diffiult to remove. I ended up giving up and went back to using GEP as this is so easy to work with and gives great results. I wanted to try the TPS since it has a little more cutting ability and the fact that it leaves behind some protection. Next time I`ll try a slower speed like 4 and work smaller areas.

But I must say by hand with a foam applicator the TPS did a great job of taking care of some isolated spots that had minor marring in the clear coat. And when I did work the spots by hand it was very easy to remove. Maybe I was putting too much heat into it with the flex.

Post Thanks / Like

Weird question, anyone ever use TPNS on a shower door? I`ve applied it many times to cars, now the fiancé and I are struggling with water spots on them. I figured my car stuff could help....., thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    Weird question, anyone ever use TPNS on a shower door? I`ve applied it many times to cars, now the fiancé and I are struggling with water spots on them. I figured my car stuff could help....., thoughts?

I have used it on fiberglass shower panels. It works ok. Leaves a slick finish but only lasted a 2 for me. But as always "actual results may vary"...

My go-to for this application has actually been XMT360 topped with Opti Seal

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. A bought a gallon after reading your review. I use it all the time with great results.

Post Thanks / Like

This is not a car product but since you say you are "Struggling" thought I would suggest what I have been using for years. It`s cheap, can get it about any grocery store AND it works! It`s a shower spray made by Arm and Hammer, called Scrub Free Clean Shower, Daily Shower Cleaner. Initially start off with a clean shower and there after simply spray it on the walls and shower doors each time or every other time after you shower and it will keep soap scum away and shower doors spotless. Can spray before you get out, because it has little odor. I use it religiously and haven`t scrubbed the shower for months! Hope it works for you. I think you will like it. Let me know?

Post Thanks / Like

P.S...I forgot to add that it is clear and has the consistency of water AND you just spray, walk away and don`t rinse off Leaves no film behind.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread Information