Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BLACKFIRE Total Polish N Seal - BRAND NEW PRODUCT

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Sample? Full bottle my friend. My reviews will be available after public release, just as I was asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Samples? What are those?

I`m working on reviews too
    You lucky dogs!

Post Thanks / Like

Did I read correctly that you need to let the BFTPNS cure for 4-8 hours before topping it with bfwd? I am looking at this combo to possibly replace my Klasse twins. But I like that Klasse AIO has no cure time to it...

Any chance of having a flash cure like Klasse AIO?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Did I read correctly that you need to let the BFTPNS cure for 4-8 hours before topping it with bfwd??
    Allow to cure for four to eight hours if possible before topping with additional products.

This looks like a very nice product I`m sure it will find its way to my house at some point.

Post Thanks / Like

Todd what are your recommendations on pad selection for the different levels of correction?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    Allow to cure for four to eight hours if possible before topping with additional products.

This looks like a very nice product I`m sure it will find its way to my house at some point.
    I think you missed the point of my post.... If you have to wait 4 hrs before you can top it with even bfwd then that could be to much time on time limited detail.

Post Thanks / Like

No I didn`t miss your point. I only answered your question whether or not he said you needed to wait. And yes on a time line detail that could be a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Did I read correctly that you need to let the BFTPNS cure for 4-8 hours before topping it with bfwd? I am looking at this combo to possibly replace my Klasse twins. But I like that Klasse AIO has no cure time to it...

Any chance of having a flash cure like Klasse AIO?
    It could take several hours for the polymers to fully cross link. However I have found that topping immediately (because it is using the same Wet Diamond polymers, offers benefits as well.

From an earlier post....

Yes BFWD can be applied directly on top. BFWD and BFTPS both use the same Wet Diamond polymers, so you will not get any degradation of the durability by using BFTPS first.

With an abrasive all-in-one you end up removing a trace amount (because the Wet Diamond polymers react with the abrasives, in this case a very small amount) of the sealant when you remove it. It`s simply unavoidable. Applying BFWD over the top will help fill in the gaps.

Alternatively you can wipe off the trace residue with the new BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Polymer Spray, which will increase the durability by placing polycharged Wet Diamond Polymers directly on top. These polymers will `fill in the gaps` so to speak and the products will cure together.

So that its clear, for the absolute in layering you should wait (if possible). However wiping the paint down with BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Polymer Spray or adding addition Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection right after TPS is only going to strengthen the initial coat. Does that make sense?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TID10 View Post
    Todd, what are SCR abrasives?
    SRC, scratch resistant clear.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep does to me. I figured they were using the same base polymers so they would work together along with the rest of the line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    SRC, scratch resistant clear.
    There`s my silly dyslexia again.

I like it, it`s gonna be a good one.....
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TID10 View Post
    There`s my silly dyslexia again.

I like it, it`s gonna be a good one.....
    No, I edited it, you were right. I also removed the part about cure time, too much confusion. Top it right away and enjoy (or wait and enjoy!)!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rzatch View Post
    Todd what are your recommendations on pad selection for the different levels of correction?
    This would be the same for any polish, if you want/need more cut use a cutting pad, less, polishing pad, even less finishing pad. Just want to wax and clean us a super soft pad, like the LC blue or red.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by classofshine View Post
    This would be the same for any polish, if you want/need more cut use a cutting pad, less, polishing pad, even less finishing pad. Just want to wax and clean us a super soft pad, like the LC blue or red.
    I figured as much but there are times when a certain pad works better than another. Such as most times a white will work for polishing but when using a certain other product very close to this one the tangerine is the pad of choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    It could take several hours for the polymers to fully cross link. However I have found that topping immediately (because it is using the same Wet Diamond polymers, offers benefits as well.

From an earlier post....

Yes BFWD can be applied directly on top. BFWD and BFTPS both use the same Wet Diamond polymers, so you will not get any degradation of the durability by using BFTPS first.

With an abrasive all-in-one you end up removing a trace amount (because the Wet Diamond polymers react with the abrasives, in this case a very small amount) of the sealant when you remove it. It`s simply unavoidable. Applying BFWD over the top will help fill in the gaps.

Alternatively you can wipe off the trace residue with the new BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Polymer Spray, which will increase the durability by placing polycharged Wet Diamond Polymers directly on top. These polymers will `fill in the gaps` so to speak and the products will cure together.

So that its clear, for the absolute in layering you should wait (if possible). However wiping the paint down with BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Polymer Spray or adding addition Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection right after TPS is only going to strengthen the initial coat. Does that make sense?
    Thanks for clearing this up Todd. I just want to make sure I understand the product so I can make an inform decision when they are released.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for clearing this up Todd. I just want to make sure I understand the product so I can make an inform decision when they are released.
    No problem!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information